When is your next cruise?

3 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Disney Springs is already partially open, although the previous poster was most likely talking about the theme parks. On the local news the other night they mentioned Disney had submitted plans concerning reopening. We have had Silver passes the last few years that have blocked dates during the Summer, which you likely know.  We will probably go this Summer if they waive the blocked out dates at least once or twice just to see what it is like. Should be similar at least to a small degree of what it might be like on a cruise ship under similar circumstances. 

Yes Disney Springs is partially open. I wouldn’t mind going but we have a 4 year old and I don’t want to deal with trying to corral a mask on him with the heat of the summer. Interested to see how it goes once people start going 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, samiam0403 said:

I was on the last sailing of Breeze before the cruiselines started canceling - and my next cruise is entirely too far away. Was supposed to sail on an Elite cruise in April on Spirit from Hawaii to Vancouver, but that got canxed. Had a music charter booked in Nov, but once the musicians started canceling, the cruise line agreed to postpone it until next year. But then Royal Caribbean sent me an offer for a free junior suite and I couldn't turn it down - sailing 29 November on Harmony of the Seas. 2 weeks after that, I'm off on Oceania Riviera for a week of indulgent relaxation. 

A free junior suite on Harmony of the Seas would be nearly impossible to turn down!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lovecaribbean6179 said:

Thank you so much for the suggestion.  Husband and I had booked the Atlantis Submarine tour in Cozumel two years ago but it was cancelled due to water conditions.  Hopefully we can try again in Aruba.

Half the people in our group did that Aruba by Land & Sea excursion while we did the submarine. Theirs was the one where you climb down into the hull of the boat and look out windows, but don't actually submerge. They said it was terrible. They didn't see anything good. We were going to do that one, but then I saw the submarine tour, so we picked that instead. The submarine was definitely the right choice. Every time I thought it was over, it kept going. We spent about 50 minutes underwater. They'd skim along one reef, then turn around and go the other way so the other side of the sub could see. We went right alongside a sunken ship and a different part of the reef. He also took us to the sea floor...141 ft. at our deepest point. We're definitely gonna do it again, even if it's Aruba again.

If you've never been to Amber Cove, I recommend the cable car (Teleferico) to the top of Mt. Isabel de Torres. It's only about a 15 minute taxi ride from the port. The taxi was only $60 round trip for four of us and the cable car was $10/ea. The view is amazing and there's some nice level hiking trails through the jungle up there (with a handful of steps). If you go, go early because cloud cover moves in by late morning and it blocks the view, but still a great time. We went as soon as we got to port and were back by lunchtime.

3 hours ago, beshears said:

Hopefully, the Fascination, March 21, 2021.  I am still waiting for ALL my money to come back from the 4 rooms I booked.  I have received at least half or a little more than half back on my credit card.  Once I get it all back, I plan to book the March date! 🙂

Glad to see you're giving it another go, beshears. I know you had a heck of a time dealing with your Horizon cruise, even before it was cancelled. Hope all goes well for you this time.

1 hour ago, Organized Chaos said:

Half the people in our group did that Aruba by Land & Sea excursion while we did the submarine. Theirs was the one where you climb down into the hull of the boat and look out windows, but don't actually submerge. They said it was terrible. They didn't see anything good. We were going to do that one, but then I saw the submarine tour, so we picked that instead. The submarine was definitely the right choice. Every time I thought it was over, it kept going. We spent about 50 minutes underwater. They'd skim along one reef, then turn around and go the other way so the other side of the sub could see. We went right alongside a sunken ship and a different part of the reef. He also took us to the sea floor...141 ft. at our deepest point. We're definitely gonna do it again, even if it's Aruba again.

If you've never been to Amber Cove, I recommend the cable car (Teleferico) to the top of Mt. Isabel de Torres. It's only about a 15 minute taxi ride from the port. The taxi was only $60 round trip for four of us and the cable car was $10/ea. The view is amazing and there's some nice level hiking trails through the jungle up there (with a handful of steps). If you go, go early because cloud cover moves in by late morning and it blocks the view, but still a great time. We went as soon as we got to port and were back by lunchtime.

Wow.  Thank you so much for another wonderful suggestion.  I will make a note of both your ideas and make sure not to do the Aruba by Land & Sea one.  Have a great evening.

Cindi

• Like 1

OrganizedChaos, you are so right!  Yes, I was trying to get ALL the info in regard to the Horizon ship, etc., and I do appreciate ALL the help everyone gave me on that.  The main reason I wanted to do was to go back to Jamaica, where I had not been for quite some time. After the cancellation because of the virus, I decided to get (I had paid for all 4 rooms) the money back on my credit card, instead of having an OBC.  Yes, that would have been nice, but since it was NOT expected in the first place, I as NOT losing anything. 🙂 This virus has really created a lot of problems "financially" for many people.  I really wanted to go to Jamaica, but I started thinking of the port (found out none of my sons/d-i-l's had ever been there) of St. Lucia, and was hoping my sons/d-i-l's would love to see/visit it instead of Jamaica.  I knew the Fascination as NOT a new ship, and not big, but I mentioned this to all of them, and they all seemed to be happy about it! I know many people have already booked their next cruise, but I wanted to make sure I got ALL my money back, as well as my children getting all their money back too.  Once this has happened, I plan to book for a March cruise. 🙂

7 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

A free junior suite on Harmony of the Seas would be nearly impossible to turn down!

The offer, which surprised me, was a free junior suite on any Caribbean sailing this fall. I've always wanted to try one of the massive Royal ships - just once, mainly to ride the carousel - and so this one worked perfectly. And I can DRIVE to the port - always a plus. :-)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, lovecaribbean6179 said:

Wow.  Thank you so much for another wonderful suggestion.  I will make a note of both your ideas and make sure not to do the Aruba by Land & Sea one.  Have a great evening.

Cindi

Aruba suggestion.  Trikes Aruba. 3 wheeled automatic  chopper style motorcycle tour.  Fantastic

3 hours ago, beshears said:

I knew the Fascination as NOT a new ship, and not big, but I mentioned this to all of them, and they all seemed to be happy about it!

I've seen a lot of people who say they prefer the smaller ships. The Horizon was nice in that it had all the extra food venues and such, and the new style buffet stations instead of one long line, things like that, but being so big had its downsides, too. In the end, we came to the conclusion that we'd probably sail a Vista class ship again someday, but we're not in a hurry to anytime soon. We're going on the Elation in January. That'll be the smallest ship we've been on so far and I'm looking forward to it. I'm eager to cruise on a smaller ship to experience the different dynamic compared to bigger ones. Love them or hate them, we want to experience different ships for ourselves, rather than take other people's word for it, because that's the only real way to know.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, lagienomai said:

We are also booked on the Jan 24th sailing. I was suppose to sail from there in May so rebooked for Jan. Fingers crossed everything will be good to go.

This is an amazing itinerary! We just went to Tortola but have never been to Antigua or Dominica. Barbados is my husband’s favorite. And 13 hours there... hope I can stay sober long enough. 😂😂😉

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Tjcalley said:

Yes Disney Springs is partially open. I wouldn’t mind going but we have a 4 year old and I don’t want to deal with trying to corral a mask on him with the heat of the summer. Interested to see how it goes once people start going 

I saw a live vlog the yesterday and NOTHING was open. Goofy Candy Company, the Christmas Store, Rainforest Cafe, etc. all closed. Middle of the day on a holiday weekend... crazy!

4 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

I saw a live vlog the yesterday and NOTHING was open. Goofy Candy Company, the Christmas Store, Rainforest Cafe, etc. all closed. Middle of the day on a holiday weekend... crazy!

Yes, so crazy to see! I see a lot of people posting pictures of themselves there and it is like a ghost town. The last time I was at Disney Springs you could barely walk through the crowds 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

7 hours ago, Tjcalley said:

Yes, so crazy to see! I see a lot of people posting pictures of themselves there and it is like a ghost town. The last time I was at Disney Springs you could barely walk through the crowds 

Saw this posted today:

https://www.wptv.com/news/state/disney-world-plans-to-open-some-parks-on-july-11?fbclid=IwAR3STotXOxKq4gGFq59C2KhtqbCx1p20hUmA9LT6C1F4afrMao1cF_iNigw

sounds promising!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

This is an amazing itinerary! We just went to Tortola but have never been to Antigua or Dominica. Barbados is my husband’s favorite. And 13 hours there... hope I can stay sober long enough. 😂😂😉

Yeah I am thinking of booking a day pass at Sandals so I totally get the trying to stay sober. I actually like this itinerary better than the one I was suppose to have in May.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, DukeASUGirl said:

MAYBE we'll think about an Alaska cruise next summer, but probably not Carnival because the other lines have better itineraries and pricing in Alaska. But certainly not anything until mid-2021 at the earliest.

Princess has a reputation as being the best to Alaska, especially if you're going to add any land based add ones front or back end, like the Denali Express Train.

18 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Aruba suggestion.  Trikes Aruba. 3 wheeled automatic  chopper style motorcycle tour.  Fantastic

Part of our group rent

ed all of their trikes and had a great time  Well worth it