Any Secrets to Getting Through to RCCL by Phone?

o.k., I'll admit I am not very patient, but this is getting ridiculous.

I did two Lift & Switches last week and instead of two new bookings the agent did a double booking for one new cruise.  Should be simple to correct, right?  Sure, if you can through by phone.  I used the crown and Anchor number with the "9" add-on, but all I do is wait.

Does anyone have any "secrets?"... phone numbers, best day of week, time of day.  Any thoughts are appreciated.

Royal just recalled over 100 call centre employees who were furloughed Earlier.  They are currently attending training and expected to start tomorrow.  Not sure of this is just fir the TA call centre or for the customer direct lines as well.  

• Like 1

I have just learned patience.  i call and then do other things until I get through.  Today's call - 3+ hours (2.5 to get someone to answer) and still working on it.  She finally got through to Resolutions and was working on my stuff and the call dropped.  Thank God the girl had some smarts and actually called me back!  So on hold with her again while she finishes things up.  Hopefully, will be done for the day.  Will call early tomorrow with more booking questions.

1 hour ago, yogimax said:

I did two Lift & Switches last week and instead of two new bookings the agent did a double booking for one new cruise.  Should be simple to correct, right?  Sure, if you can through by phone.  I used the crown and Anchor number with the "9" add-on, but all I do is wait.

Does anyone have any "secrets?"... phone numbers, best day of week, time of day.  Any thoughts are appreciated.

It took 24 days to get my refund.I called at 7:30 PM .i always call RCI in evenings and always have success.

Don't call during peak hours. The worst is early afternoon. A lot of folks want to call on their lunch hour. Call early morning or well into the evening.

I work for a bank and we will have 45 minute holds right now at noon and no wait at all after 5:00.

We've called them about 6-7 times in the last month. Every call was made at 7:59am or 8:59am depending on Sunday or weekday. Most went right thru, few put on hold, but never longer than a few minutes.

R&D 

Good luck!  I m still on hold after 4 1/2hours.  Someone answered after 2 1/2, did a couple of things for me, switched me to Crown and Anchor, they answered in 1/2 hour, am still on hold with them while thy are on hold with resolutions.  What is maddening is that if they did things right the first time there would be no necessity to call them a second time.  Who knows how much longer till I get answers?

On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2020 at 5:17 PM, negc said:

Good luck!  I m still on hold after 4 1/2hours.  

I wonder why they don't have a call back feature like many companies.  Simply leave your phone number and an agent will call you back when it's your turn.

That's a simple solution.  Why doesn't RCCL adopt it?

I've had two call centre reps tell me Sunday night is the best time to call. Still a long wait to do the Lift & Shift - it's not the initial hold time that's the longest, it's them waiting to get a supervisor's approval for the price protection. 

On 5/27/2020 at 2:21 PM, lenquixote66 said:

It took 24 days to get my refund.I called at 7:30 PM .i always call RCI in evenings and always have success.

Agree, most time I call its after 5pm EST. Minutes of wait for PU. Longest Call of 10 last 2 months was 15min until was done Booking/Rebooking or getting reduction in price

Edited by ONECRUISER

4 hours ago, yogimax said:

I wonder why they don't have a call back feature like many companies.  Simply leave your phone number and an agent will call you back when it's your turn.

That's a simple solution.  Why doesn't RCCL adopt it?

whoa!! careful what you wish for...it would be implemented by the same IT dept responsible for their website, and you know how reliable that is!!

😂

On 5/27/2020 at 3:33 PM, yogimax said:

Yea, I've found that the odds are very high that even once you get through to them on the phone that the "agent" always manages to screw something up. Then it's back to the phones trying to straighten it out.  

10 hours ago, CategoryQ said:

I've had two call centre reps tell me Sunday night is the best time to call. Still a long wait to do the Lift & Shift - it's not the initial hold time that's the longest, it's them waiting to get a supervisor's approval for the price protection. 

They have stopped doing the price adjustments that require a supervisor.  Those are now done in the back end and You get an updated invoice within 14 days.  The L&S process now usually can be completed in under 10 minutes.