RCCL CEO Richard Fain Horse Bucky message

Richard Fain did not look like I expected him to, but still he made it to be the CEO of Royal Caribbean. His view of the future was interesting to hear and who knows how cruising will be when finally ships sail again. No doubt we will be asked to wash our hands, as we were asked to do this before.

It is interesting that Symphony is 25% more efficient that Oasis - that is an improvement. 

2 hours ago, KansasK said:

It is interesting that Symphony is 25% more efficient that Oasis - that is an improvement. 

There have been many incremental improvements throughout the ship that add up. One of the crew told me that more efficient lighting makes a big difference. That may also depend on the assumption that the lights will automatically turn off when the cabins are unoccupied. Which they won't if you leave a card in the light switch.

5 hours ago, yogimax said:

I believe he said a "blue ribbon" panel would soon be appointed.  Bottom line... don't expect to be back cruising in the near future.

i wouldn't be surprised if it's quicker than you think. This isn't the government here, they need to get back in business. The fact they will be opening their HQ office soon is a good sign.  As long as the virus is flattening, then progress will be made. I know up here in my province, we have flattened way more quickly than expect. (only 7 new cases and 500 total active cases)

12 hours ago, Pratique said:

There have been many incremental improvements throughout the ship that add up. One of the crew told me that more efficient lighting makes a big difference. That may also depend on the assumption that the lights will automatically turn off when the cabins are unoccupied. Which they won't if you leave a card in the light switch.

I remember on the Harmony, the lights and I think that the air conditioning also went off when you left. I imagine the air conditioning going off would really save money.

1 minute ago, KansasK said:

I remember on the Harmony, the lights and I think that the air conditioning also went off when you left. I imagine the air conditioning going off would really save money.

Are you sure about the air conditioning? I can't imagine having to wait for a cabin to cool down everytime I return to it and whether or not that would be energy efficient.

4 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Are you sure about the air conditioning? I can't imagine having to wait for a cabin to cool down everytime I return to it and whether or not that would be energy efficient.

An air circulating fan stays running but the A/C only works if there is a card in the master switch and the balcony door is closed and locked.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

An air circulating fan stays running but the A/C only works if there is a card in the master switch and the balcony door is closed and locked.

The balciny door needing to be closed certainly makes sense.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Coralc said:

Do you think that is his backyard (or grounds)? It is really pretty. It doesn't look much like Florida, though? :classic_biggrin:

May be a green screen background.  If using Zoom, there are some to choose from or personalized ones can be uploaded to their system and used. 

It's a very relaxing background scene.

Edited by denamo
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, denamo said:

May be a green screen background.  If using Zoom, there are some to choose from or personalized ones can be uploaded to their system and used. 

It's a very relaxing background scene.

Kind of like the fake backdrop they used to introduce the new, now former, person in charge of the loyalty program. It was a view of Miami out of the corporate office windows. The only problem was that the water in the background wasn't moving.

• Haha 1

Just now, Ocean Boy said:

Kind of like the fake backdrop they used to introduce the new, now former, person in charge of the loyalty program. It was a view of Miami out of the corporate office windows. The only problem was that the water in the background wasn't moving.

Yes, exactly.  I remember that. Wonder if her position will be re-instated now that Royal's corporate offices are re-opening.

2 minutes ago, denamo said:

Yes, exactly.  I remember that. Wonder if her position will be re-instated now that Royal's corporate offices are re-opening.

I don't know. Wasn't it eliminated well before things shut down? I don't remember the time frame.

28 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Wasn't it eliminated well before things shut down?

No, she (Molly) was perhaps slightly ahead of the 26% company wide lay off announcement, but I think after the shutdown.

Edited by Biker19

5 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

No, she (Molly) was perhaps slightly ahead of the 26% company wide lay off announcement, but I think after the shutdown.

Yes, I found it. She was part of the lay offs. I'm not sure why I thought it was earlier.

On 6/6/2020 at 8:28 AM, Ocean Boy said:

We were on the Harmony in February 2018 for my brother's birthday. I checked with him and he said the cabin attendant gave him a card to leave in the card reader on the wall so the air conditioning would stay on when he left.  It did take a while to cool down the cabin when you came back, which is why people used a card of their own to leave in the card reader to keep the air conditioning on. I think this was so prevalent that they changed it to just turn on/off the lights. I would let it turn off/on the lights without putting in a card to fool the system.