Is Celebrity Giving Us A "Restart" Hint?

york survey

Is it just me or have other people noticed that the offers, which seen to be coming out from Celebrity almost daily, ALL cover cruises between 2nd October and the end of the current booking window.

Is this normal or a restart hint?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, york survey said:

Is it just me or have other people noticed that the offers, which seen to be coming out from Celebrity almost daily, ALL cover cruises between 2nd October and the end of the current booking window.

Is this normal or a restart hint?

lines up with ncl's rumored 1st cruise of Sept 28.

Its wait and see, wouldnt be surprised about this.  Dont really see August happening just because of logistics at this point, with rehiring crew back on and training, supplies etc getting it all in order.   I am not worried about guessing game at this point. When they start they start.  

Actually, it sounds like normal language for a promo.  They generally time time them so as to exclude sailings within - or soon to be within - final payment date. 

Harris

Denver, CO

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ride-The-Waves said:

Its simply another effort to get your money.  It also provides the cruise line some added "value" when trying to find additional credit.  

They can only get your money if you are willing to give it to them.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ride-The-Waves said:

Its simply another effort to get your money.  It also provides the cruise line some added "value" when trying to find additional credit.  

Does this mean you are an "inside trader?"  Share your information so we can buy early too.

The old metrics for cruise pricing factored in an algorithm incorporating pax load, time of year, pax demographics, % of different categories sold, etc.

Now the sole metric is get as much dough as possible before forcing to cancel, then delay refunds by 60 to 90 days.

The ultimate float. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, alibaba1 said:

Did you know that Carnival also owns Cunard, Princess, Holland America.....etc....?

Yes, but I heard only about Cunard. I would assume that what one line does, they all will. 
But who knows?

The part I don't understand (or maybe I do but just don't like the answer) is why they are selling cabins on cruises that even if they sail, will no doubt need to sail at less than full capacity.  The higher they get the capacity with bookings, the more p'd off people booking those will be when some of them get kicked off a ship that IS sailing.   Makes me wonder even more if their passenger reduction strategy for reduced capacity will be centered around who paid more rather than who booked earliest.😒

Hmmm so we have an October 2020 cruise and a January 2022 cruise booked with Celebrity. The email “drink of the week” recipe now says “until we see you in Jan 2022...”.  Assuming the email is constructed with data from a data base, easy to conclude October (Rome to Greece) isn’t happening. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, PVD sailor said:

Hmmm so we have an October 2020 cruise and a January 2022 cruise booked with Celebrity. The email “drink of the week” recipe now says “until we see you in Jan 2022...”.  Assuming the email is constructed with data from a data base, easy to conclude October (Rome to Greece) isn’t happening. 

When it comes to Celebrity automation I wouldn't assume anything.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, madmacs said:

Just looked at the cruise I have booked in October and the prices have rocketed which gives me thought that the cruise will be cancelled - can't see many people booking at the prices quoted

I agree. I have been looking at a cruise in October and the prices have gone crazy since yesterday. £2000 per person extra on all suites.was hoping for a deal not a rip off.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pennys mum said:

I agree. I have been looking at a cruise in October and the prices have gone crazy since yesterday. £2000 per person extra on all suites.was hoping for a deal not a rip off.

Nutso.

We don't pay that kind of price for a suite total let alone extra if it is less than a 10 day sailing.

Hi.  Celebrity "see you on the next cruise..." emails seem to only maybe quote the latest one booked?  I've gotten those with a cruise in 2022, but I had a total of 4 cruises booked before that one.  I called them one time about that nervous about what happened to my other cruises, and bottom line they inferred that those emails are not accurate, not an indication of anything.  If the cruise is in your upcoming list, it should be okay, unless they tell you otherwise.

Cruises I have booked now seem to be only running around USD300-400 more.  Not too bad, but not less! :( 

And hopefully if we get kicked off a cruise, they would offer up an alternative and something in the way of a consolation prize.

It sounds like they wised up to people who were booking cheap rates for this year just to L&S to next year.  Plus, assuming capacity is limited to less than 100%, there's no incentive to offer cut rates for last minute bookings.  Anyone eager enough to cruise this year will have to do so at full price.

• Like 2

Yes, probably, my TA said that booking, cancelling, and then rebooking to take advantage of some feature like cancellability is technically illegal (at least in the US). According to her, i have not personally verified.