August 16th cruise out of NJ

22 minutes ago, ThirstyCruiser said:

Regardless of where you are physically located and how minimal the pandemic's impact to your zip code may be, empathize for a moment with the people of the greater New York City area and what they went thru the last 90 days.

Separate yourself from the emotional attachment of it being a cruise, something we do love if you are reading this.

Now, what are the chances of a company or government agency blessing 5000+ people gathering in New Your City (Bayonne) for a frivolous activity less than 8 weeks from now? I'll quote Dean Wormer: "Zero.Point.Zero."

As someone in New York with first hand experience I agree with you 100%. However, sound judgement in the past few months hasn't gone over so well on the CC boards. Florida would have to open before NY and I don't see any concrete information stating that either.

6 hours ago, LXA350 said:

At this time you need to be realistic to yourself, even that it was not yet officially confirmed it is 99.99999% clear that there will be no cruises out any East Coast port and likely all over the US in August.

Being very realsistic....NO ONE KNOWS!

Not even your crystal ball.

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

Being very realsistic....NO ONE KNOWS!

Not even your crystal ball.

Anyone that believes cruises to depart from a US port i August is naive looking at what is going on. Although situation looks much better in the Mediteranean it's not for sure either if we will see any cruise happening in August there.

On 6/10/2020 at 11:21 AM, Stew1966 said:

Does anyone have any concrete information on the possibility of my August 16th cruise out of NJ still happening?  We already lost out on a cruise in March.  Have a November cruise out of Florida planned.   Fingers crossed on that 1 as well. Thanks for any information you can provide that is fact and not speculation. 

Nothing concrete. But enjoy your August and November cruise! And use your brand new Cruise Critic account (welcome) to report back upon your return. 

2 hours ago, LXA350 said:

Anyone that believes cruises to depart from a US port i August is naive looking at what is going on. Although situation looks much better in the Mediteranean it's not for sure either if we will see any cruise happening in August there.

And you are missing the point again.....NO ONE KNOWS yet. Not talking about what one believes.

Exactly, no one knows.  It seems certain posters on this board just want to be right.  Well, only time will tell.  I think Royal knows more than they are going to let us in on!!!  They can’t be sitting around not thinking of ways to sail again..Safely

1 hour ago, Melissahoyer said:

I am August 1st out of Bayonne. 🤞🏼

Where are you driving to for your vacation?  Is it Fantasyland, because that unfortunately is the only place that cruises from the US will be cruising to on August 1.  It is of course pure speculation, but it is less than a week after the CDC current ban.

We are in the same boat...or ship...as you...we are booked out of Bayonne on August 16th, had our April cruise cancelled, and are booked on a cruise out of Florida in December (to replace our April cancelled cruise).  We live in NJ and I'm not holding out much hope for the August cruise happening but I still have my fingers crossed.  If it doesn't happen, then we will use our FCC from our April cruise and our August cruise to book one in April 2021.

Even if cruising did start this summer, I don't think I'd be ready to go yet. I will need to hear very specific guidelines from the cruise lines on exactly how everything is going to be handled, and then will await feedback on how things seem to be going. Until both of those come along, I'm out. 

Find it interesting , just mid year 2020 and when you open the RCCL web site, they are promoting 2021 sailings even though there are  6 solid months to go in the year 2020....................Just tells me they are not starting up sailing again anytime soon.

I believe RCCL has stuck in a fork in it , for cruises in 2020, it's done!

Edited by Jimbo

1 hour ago, OnTheJourney said:

Even if cruising did start this summer, I don't think I'd be ready to go yet. I will need to hear very specific guidelines from the cruise lines on exactly how everything is going to be handled, and then will await feedback on how things seem to be going. Until both of those come along, I'm out. 

Maybe they start in the fall, hopefully no round two in the first quarter of 2021, so you'll be out until spring at the earliest, but if you like to plan ahead instead of last minute, next fall should be a good option.

29 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Maybe they start in the fall, hopefully no round two in the first quarter of 2021, so you'll be out until spring at the earliest, but if you like to plan ahead instead of last minute, next fall should be a good option.

And yet I have one of the most unique cruises (actually B2B) I would have ever done scheduled for 1/19/21. 

Not happening.  They are still in the process of repatriating their crew home.  When they stop repatriating their crew and they start moving the crew back toward the ships is when there may be a restart date on the horizon.

CEO said they plan when restarting doing 3/4 night cruises.  That is not an option out of NJ.  Closest thing is Bermuda but they can’t even do those in 4 nights, and Doubt they want to send their first cruises so far away from US mainland.  The 3-4 nighters out of FL will be the first to start up.

There is zero chance this will happen.  

Edited by rimmit

We did a 4 nighter NYC to Bermuda last year on Carnival.   You are in Bermuda for one day.   We were there with Anthem which was on a 5 nighter.  

While of course no one knows for sure, it seems unlikely that any ships are coming to NY or NJ this summer.    I don't like it, but there isn't anything I can do about it but accept all the unknowns for now.     

2 hours ago, toad455 said:

If cruising is allowed out Bayonne, they could do 7-day cruises to Bermuda, but the Oasis isn't an option.

People have mentioned that, but they seem to forget, there are only two places to dock at in Bermuda.  Only really small ships can go to the port in Hamilton and only two ships at Kings Wharf.  Celebrity Summit already does 7 night to Bermuda, NCL also goes there out of NY and goes there.  They can't just magically say, RCI can dock another ship there for 2 nights also.   There are 5 night cruises on RCI already out of Baltimore and NJ.   There has to be availability, which during their season, there really isn't.  They can't just snap their fingers and say okay, RCI can come for two more nights each week. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rimmit said:

Not happening.  They are still in the process of repatriating their crew home.  When they stop repatriating their crew and they start moving the crew back toward the ships is when there may be a restart date on the horizon.

CEO said they plan when restarting doing 3/4 night cruises.  That is not an option out of NJ.  Closest thing is Bermuda but they can’t even do those in 4 nights, and Doubt they want to send their first cruises so far away from US mainland.  The 3-4 nighters out of FL will be the first to start up.

There is zero chance this will happen.  

Are you referring to my post about the January B2B?  It's not even with RCCL nor is it in the US - so I should not have even mentioned it. Sorry for any confusion!

Edited by OnTheJourney

1 hour ago, BND said:

People have mentioned that, but they seem to forget, there are only two places to dock at in Bermuda.  Only really small ships can go to the port in Hamilton and only two ships at Kings Wharf.  Celebrity Summit already does 7 night to Bermuda, NCL also goes there out of NY and goes there.  They can't just magically say, RCI can dock another ship there for 2 nights also.   There are 5 night cruises on RCI already out of Baltimore and NJ.   There has to be availability, which during their season, there really isn't.  They can't just snap their fingers and say okay, RCI can come for two more nights each week. 

Since Oasis carries more than twice as many passengers as Summit (even when both sail at reduced capacity) makes business sense for RCCI to sail Oasis to Bermuda for 5 or 7 days and keep Summit laid up.      

7 minutes ago, Baron Barracuda said:

Since Oasis carries more than twice as many passengers as Summit (even when both sail at reduced capacity) makes business sense for RCCI to sail Oasis to Bermuda for 5 or 7 days and keep Summit laid up.      

I highly doubt Royal is going to tell Celebrity to leave their ship laid up so they can do that.  And, before you say Celebrity is owned by Royal.  Celebrity is under the Royal umbrella, but they are not the same company perse.  It's a wholly owned subsidiary.   The two are sister companies both under  Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.

Edited by BND

10 minutes ago, Baron Barracuda said:

The ships that are by RCI and the ships that are by Celebrity are not interchangeable so your proposal would be impossible.

3 hours ago, BND said:

Last year or the season before, there were 3 ships for a couple days--2 at the docks, and one Norwegian ship anchored by Kings Wharf.  So while it's not ideal for sure (who wants to tender--not me) it is possible to have more than one at Kings Wharf.    Yes, Hamilton is only for smaller ships.   Last one I saw there was HA Veendam.  Little guy compared to Anthem.  

I would love to go there on Oasis, esp. since it's redone.  Loved Allure.   But will any of that happen this season. . . I'm thinking no, but no one really knows.   It's a wait and see.  

I miss sitting on the balcony watching the sea go by.