Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

We just checked both our Celebrity and Azamara accounts.  Another 5 points across the board.  I guess Celebrity didn't see me doze off during that webinar last month.  I presume when the reciprocity ends we won't see any more Power Up Points going on our Azamara account.

Can someone post the Go Green link again or tell me where to go find it?  I assume one must sign up for this prior to every cruise?  Definitely want that extra night's points since we are in The Retreat next cruise.

12 minutes ago, Stem to Stern said:

We just checked both our Celebrity and Azamara accounts.  Another 5 points across the board.  I guess Celebrity didn't see me doze off during that webinar last month.  I presume when the reciprocity ends we won't see any more Power Up Points going on our Azamara account.

Can someone post the Go Green link again or tell me where to go find it?  I assume one must sign up for this prior to every cruise?  Definitely want that extra night's points since we are in The Retreat next cruise.

https://mc1wmw0-rflh5n8g9pwr89vxd3c4.pub.sfmc-content.com/fs1s5o251sa

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, MamaFej said:

I just read this and not shooting the messenger. "The Go Green program provides...and organization of guest items...". Leave us fresh towels twice a day, continue with the traditional stateroom service as we would never leave our personal items for the stateroom attendant to move/organize. Who would do that. 🙄 We don't/won't participate in this program like we never did with the save the waves program.  

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, davekathy said:

personal items

Sorry I am not grasping your intentions of your post.  Although this weird wording in Celebrity's Go Green link is open for interpretation, I have never found my personal items (unmentionable or otherwise) organized nor have I expected this of housekeeping.  I think they may take one look at the mass of disorganized rubble in our stateroom on the first day and not even know how or where they would begin to bring it to any semblance of tidiness.  😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I just read this and not shooting the messenger. "The Go Green program provides...and organization of guest items...". Leave us fresh towels twice a day, continue with the traditional stateroom service as we would never leave our personal items for the stateroom attendant to move/organize. Who would do that. 🙄 We don't/won't participate in this program like we never did with the save the waves program.  

We used to Go Green program on our Equinox cruise in December and honestly didn't notice the difference. Our cabin was kept clean, the towels were replaced 2x daily and the nightly turn-down was the same. We got the 5 extra points and will do this again.  During the whole cruise we actually wondered whether they had gotten our request for the Go Green participation and only know that they did when our points were added after the cruise.

Edited by Luvcrusn
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Stem to Stern said:

Sorry I am not grasping your intentions of your post.  Although this weird wording in Celebrity's Go Green link is open for interpretation, I have never found my personal items (unmentionable or otherwise) organized nor have I expected this of housekeeping.  I think they may take one look at the mass of disorganized rubble in our stateroom on the first day and not even know how or where they would begin to bring it to any semblance of tidiness.  😄

No intensions implied or expressed. I'm just quoting what Celebrity has published. "Guest items".  Personal items left out. Whatever they may be. As I said we have no experience with the program. 

Edited by davekathy

14 minutes ago, Stem to Stern said:

I've had my stack of books straightened and I've had them put little velcro things to coil up my cords - i've actually left those on the cords because they do keep things neat. Really NBD at all. They aren't going in your drawers and such.

(Even without GoGreen my things are always slightly reorganized in the bathroom, so they do that kind of stuff even without you signing up for the program.)

19 minutes ago, davekathy said:

No intensions implied or expressed. I'm just quoting what Celebrity has published. "Guest items".  Personal items left out. Whatever they may be. As I said we have no experience with the program. 

We were honestly very skeptical about the program until a friend tried it. We keep our cabin neat generally. We like our towels refreshed 2x. The cabin seemed just like it always was in all of our sailings previous to trying the Go Green. We'll definitely use it again and take the 5 extra points. The bathroom was cleaned and freshened up morning and nightly. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Who would do it? Me for one

On 1/11/2023 at 3:31 PM, paulh84 said:

Insanity. Endless complaints but will purchase another cruise to gain a free bag of laundry on a later trip 🤯

@paulh84Yes but since DH no longer cruises I can take his laundry for cleaning at the same time. 😆 

Very simple. I ask thim not to touch anything on the desk.  On the bedside table I have a couple of paper back books and a few magazines, no big deal.  On the big counter there are a few bottles of water, sunglasses, a few chargers. Sometimes when I come in the cords are neatly rolled up and hooked together with a twist tie.  A nice touch  Again, no biggie.  He leaves the desk alone, as asked.  

Edited by cruisestitch

On 1/14/2023 at 11:25 AM, poffles said:

LOL ... are you expecting them to take them away ?

I just checked mine and it is now at "zero" Captain's Club points. I was at 755 yesterday. Hope it is just a glitch on X's part.

17 minutes ago, rlbeck said:

I just checked mine and it is now at "zero" Captain's Club points. I was at 755 yesterday. Hope it is just a glitch on X's part.

They are updating your points account.  Check back in 24 hours