Just Tired

Investments. Internet. Shopping. Your current lifestyle is a fantasy to those folks that take you on your cancelled excursions. Imagine how things are going for them right now. 

Always look for the silver lining. Things can always be worse. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, cured said:

Hang in there, this too will be over. It will not be forever. The 1918 pandemic ended as this will too. Flying is normal again now after 9/11. Stock market is up today, it is fluctuating so much it is wise not to obsess over it.  

We will all cruise again without worry. It may be a year or two, but it will happen. At mid 70's you are youngsters.  

Set up zoom or google hangout calls with friends and family to feel more connected.  It is not quite the same, but you are still talking to each other and getting some social interaction.  Things get back-ordered even without a pandemic happening. It will all be resolved eventually.  

It is tough right now, no doubt. Hang in there. There is a light at the end of the tunnel.

This.  Just take care of yourselves as well.  Get plenty of Vitamin C & D, eat right excise as you can.  If you do not have underlying medical conditions you will be fine. Remember there is a 98% recovery rate of this thing.  I understand you are older but if you do the things above you'll be fine.  What the media is barely covering is the people that recovery from this.  They are of all ages.

• Like 2

This has certainly been one weird year. I believe 2020 will go down in the history books for all the wrong reason. Just when you think things are looking up another crisis/issue takes its place.

We will get through this year and let's all hope for a better 2021😊

• Like 2

I really hope you guys will be able to cruise again! I’m sure your refund is coming; all cruise lines are struggling to process them it seems. I do think online shopping has become therapy during this time of no cruising. So many things I wouldn’t buy because I’d rather save the money for a cruise I’ve bought in the past 2 months. As others have said, this too shall pass, and there will be a day where this is in the rear view mirror. I don’t know if your wife is into puzzles, but I ordered a Bahamas island/cruise themed puzzle from Dowdle Art, and I’m framing it when I finish. I can at least enjoy staring at fake Caribbean water!

8 hours ago, cruisequeen4ever said:

I don’t know if your wife is into puzzles, but I ordered a Bahamas island/cruise themed puzzle from Dowdle Art, and I’m framing it when I finish. I can at least enjoy staring at fake Caribbean water!

I can relate to this one. I have never done so many jigsaw puzzles in my life as during the last few months. Glad you found one that was somewhat cruise-related. 🧩🛳️

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Arzeena said:

I hope you DO get to cruise when you want to and to enjoy your golden years.

People have no right to get angry at what you wish to do. Don't let them change your thoughts or bring you down. This pandemic and isolation has brought out the worst in many people.......probably because they do not know how to cope with the information overload, and their fear and anxiety is getting the better of them. I wish you all the best and hope you get to cruise and enjoy your golden years. You get into that mindset now.

Thank you!  🙂

9 hours ago, mets07 said:

I can relate to this one. I have never done so many jigsaw puzzles in my life as during the last few months. Glad you found one that was somewhat cruise-related. 🧩🛳️

I grew up with a mom who always had a puzzle going in the house in the winter  I've also always had one out in winter and I own about 40 1000 piece puzzles.  I've done 4 in the last two months and I'm currently working on one.  I found it interesting when everything happened that amazon sold out of most puzzles and people were complaining.  Meanwhile, I have a game closet in my basement with a bunch of them in it.  My new daughter in law gave me a beach scene one for Christmas and it was the one I did when our May cruises were cancelled.  

5 hours ago, BND said:

I grew up with a mom who always had a puzzle going in the house in the winter  I've also always had one out in winter and I own about 40 1000 piece puzzles.  I've done 4 in the last two months and I'm currently working on one.  I found it interesting when everything happened that amazon sold out of most puzzles and people were complaining.  Meanwhile, I have a game closet in my basement with a bunch of them in it.  My new daughter in law gave me a beach scene one for Christmas and it was the one I did when our May cruises were cancelled.  

We received puzzles as a gift when the virus started.I only do the last piece.

• Haha 1

On 6/16/2020 at 3:21 AM, FSHLOT said:

Oh the Horror!!

Seems like lots of selfish complaining going on in here. There are some who cant even phathom what its like to have to cancel a cruise, let alone worry about 6 cruises...imo

They take your money in 60 seconds, but can't reverse the process via computer in less than 3 months.  Don't drink the Cruise line koolaid.

• Like 4

Did you get the latest "news" from CruiseCritic about the wonderful changes coming in cruising?
1. No more shooting off the ship (trap or golf).  Translation: less stuff to do.

2. Having More Than One Place to Eat.  Translation: Sit down, you can't serve yourself.  Let's play Where is the Waiter.

3. No More Midnight Buffet  Translation: less stuff to do.

4. Less Fire  Translation: Less fun

5. No More Dressing Up  Translation: Everyone can dress like bums, no thank you

6. Vastly Improved Wi-Fi  Translation:  We've doubled the price

7. Free and Unreserved Deckchairs  Translation:  You think you had to get up early before, now with 1/2 the chairs gone, bring your track shoes!

Sounds like No Fun to me!  Let me know if classic service returns.  What, I can't hear you through that mask...

Edited by Specialktou

1 hour ago, Specialktou said:

Did you get the latest "news" from CruiseCritic about the wonderful changes coming in cruising?
1. No more shooting off the ship (trap or golf).  Translation: less stuff to do.

2. Having More Than One Place to Eat.  Translation: Sit down, you can't serve yourself.  Let's play Where is the Waiter.

7. Free and Unreserved Deckchairs  Translation:  You think you had to get up early before, now with 1/2 the chairs gone, bring your track shoes!

Sounds like No Fun to me!  Let me know if classic service returns.  What, I can't hear you through that mask...

Midnight buffet? 🤨

On 6/16/2020 at 6:21 AM, FSHLOT said:

Oh the Horror!!

Seems like lots of selfish complaining going on in here. There are some who cant even phathom what its like to have to cancel a cruise, let alone worry about 6 cruises...imo

People that don't have as much as others shouldn't begrudge the ones that do. If they do then that's on them. Most people have worked hard for what they have and have every right as the next person to complain/vent when something goes wrong. Personally I think it's jealousy when someone calls others selfish.

On 6/16/2020 at 10:49 AM, FSHLOT said:

Not entirely true. How about 1st timers? How about the people that registered to this site just to see what is being said about the cruise industry in general during these times? 

It's all good, just thought it sounded selfish,  no biggie.

That's their problem if they can't afford to cruise and come on here to complain about others being selfish. There's always going to be someone richer and someone poorer than each of us, not unless you are Jeff Bezos. 🥂🍾

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

People that don't have as much as others shouldn't begrudge the ones that do. If they do then that's on them. Most people have worked hard for what they have and have every right as the next person to complain/vent when something goes wrong. Personally I think it's jealousy when someone calls others selfish.

That's their problem if they can't afford to cruise and come on here to complain about others being selfish. There's always going to be someone richer and someone poorer than each of us, not unless you are Jeff Bezos. 🥂🍾

Was i begrudging? Or just stating an opinion?  If you think i'm jealous of anything or anyone, you should really get to know me first...😀   

6 minutes ago, BND said:

Is that because you don't know what that was?  Or because you miss it?  

The OP insinuated it was still a thing, and that it was going away. To my knowledge, there’s been no midnight buffet in at least the past 15 years.

13 hours ago, Specialktou said:

Enjoy Sandals.😄

1 hour ago, CruisingNole said:

The OP insinuated it was still a thing, and that it was going away. To my knowledge, there’s been no midnight buffet in at least the past 15 years.

There hasn't been one for about 10-12 years.  We've been cruising 15 years and when we first started there was still a midnight buffet. That was why I questioned it.  They also mentioned shooting off ships and golfing off ships.  Neither have been around for more like 20+ years.    The post was obviously very tongue in cheek, in that things are always changing.

On 6/16/2020 at 4:00 AM, bigrednole said:

I found a solution to this one...don't turn it on. Because it is slanted in so many ways, you can never know if you are getting the truth or someone's narrative. Now, this link is just for informational purposes and what the news people say comes from people much higher. But watching this makes you really think about what you are hearing is real or mind control.

what you are saying is so true, I have to research numerous sources to figure out the truth, it is getting harder and harder. 

There are  multiple organizations (multiple, multiple) that  call themselves - like "water is important to live" and they seek out support and they get support, vast support but when you look at their web pages, you see their goal has little to do with water, instead it is political objectives and they are well funded (tens of millions) ad hoc policital organizations doing anything to get your vote.  Incredibly Organized even to the degree of an innocent looking bystander that just happens to be the person on the street next to news media is actually a paid member of the political organization just waiting to talk on tv.

We are also having a hard time dealing with continued pandemic restrictions, canceled cruises, social unrest. We spent many years saving money, doing without extras so we could enjoy the lifestyle we now have. I am aware how very lucky we are. But it’s still hard dealing with so much change and restrictions. I’m retired and DH works from home. You would think we see enough of each other, but he actually works 10+ hrs a day, 6 days a week. When we are on a cruise we are totally focused on each other. This is important time for us. Yes, we may need to find an alternative; but we don’t want to. 

I agree with you. Hang in there I don’t think you’ll have to find another alternative. I love cruising too and I think it’s just a matter of time before we’re back on a boat. People say that you can do some of the same things at a resort. My answer is that I would be out on the beach and once I saw a boat I’d want to be on it. We are the blessed few who really LOVE cruising!!!! This too will pass💐

Enjoy sandals, you say.  At lease Sandals has an idea what luxury might be.  The Caribbean was mostly untouched by the Chinese virus.  Aruba has 10 cases total.  I was responding to a Cruise Critic article.  Midnight buffet...was one of THEIR bullet points.

NO we are not regular cruisers.  2X in 2019 after decades of avoiding them because of so-so experiences.  Flying is no fun either.  I have no intention of paying big bucks to sit around wearing a mask.  Probably no trips until after Trump derangement syndrome dies off.  (yes, 4 more year, please).  Now who is pissed.  

• Like 3

Our alternatives right now are a week at the beach next month.  And, even if our Nov cruises don't happen, we're still going to FL.  We have Auto Train tickets that we will use and just find a couple of places to stay at.  On the Auto Train, we have a bedroom in the sleeper car. It has it's own bathroom and is roomy enough to just stay in.  We'll just have dinner delivered instead of going to the dining car, mainly due to my knee and train motion, and it's nice to have the isolated space.  Since we're on the AT, we'll have our own car.  We'll be gone three weeks and the last 5 nights we have a room at Disney at Shades of Green (military/DOD resort).  Even if we can't go to the parks, or decide not to, there's other things to do in Orlando as well as the resort is just a relaxing spot.  I can sit under palm trees all day long and read :-).  We may all just have to find something different to do until cruises open back up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Specialktou said:

Enjoy sandals, you say.  At lease Sandals has an idea what luxury might be.  The Caribbean was mostly untouched by the Chinese virus.  Aruba has 10 cases total.  I was responding to a Cruise Critic article.  Midnight buffet...was one of THEIR bullet points.

NO we are not regular cruisers.  2X in 2019 after decades of avoiding them because of so-so experiences.  Flying is no fun either.  I have no intention of paying big bucks to sit around wearing a mask.  Probably no trips until after Trump derangement syndrome dies off.  (yes, 4 more year, please).  Now who is pissed.  

My concern about the Caribbean is that while lightly touched now, that could turn around quickly once they let tourists return.  

Was shooting and golfing off ships also one of their bullet points?  Please post link or the article itself.  As I said above, no shooting or golfing off ships for 20+ years.

Edited by BND

Well, some good and bad news from my original post. We finally got our RCI refund...after 3 months. The bad news. My wife's favorite cat died suddenly of liver failure. Then she got clipped by a hit and run driver turning into the subdivision. Only the car was damaged, the wife is fine. The other driver crossed over a double yellow line at a high rate of speed. We do know the other vehicle was blue from the paint left behind. I think we will buy 10 lottery tickets and hope for the best.

We need a cruise!

• Like 1