Extending suspension of Cruising

Cruiseboy06

10 hours ago, bingomamma19 said:

Nobody knows....i live in Wisconsin.   We have been fully open since May 13th, and we are at our lowest point of cases and hospitalizations today.    We are doing great.

So, i have an idea....bring some ships up here and we can cruise on Lake Michigan  LOL

Bingomamma19, I am so happy that your numbers are down in Wisconsin. We are in AZ and at an all time high. over 1800 cases yesterday. (As in 1 day). Our hospitals are near capacity and so many people still don't get it. I am praying for the day that we can say our numbers our down. God Bless

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Cruiseboy06 said:

It looks like Carnival is going to cancel August/ September sailings.......... 

Yep.  More curious to me is that October is still showing 75 sailings available, which (I think) is most of their cruises on most of their ships.  Since it's been mentioned by official Carnival sources that they would start with only a few ships, that means they're going to have to get rid of some more.  I wonder where and with what ships they plan to start with?  Maybe they won't tell us this time??

Anyway, my October cruise on the Horizon is still showing as scheduled, but has not been available to book for at least three weeks now.  We'll see what happens.

In business you stay very close to your competition. All of these Cruise Lines are following each others lead and will continue to announce updates. Hopefully we will get back to our favorite vacation mode: The Big Cruise !!!  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, asalligo said:

Eventually someone has to pull the trigger and be first. Time to end this and get cruising restarted. 

Part of the issue is Carnival is already being sued over their handling of the virus. If they re-open while major competitors do not, then it increases their legal liability if there is an infection spread on board again. The plaintiff will argue NCL knew it wasn't safe to cruise, so Carnival should have known better. It sucks, because we know there is a risk, but are willing to assume it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jamesatgsu said:

Part of the issue is Carnival is already being sued over their handling of the virus. If they re-open while major competitors do not, then it increases their legal liability if there is an infection spread on board again. The plaintiff will argue NCL knew it wasn't safe to cruise, so Carnival should have known better. It sucks, because we know there is a risk, but are willing to assume it.

In my opinion the lawsuit is not a factor.

1. Lawsuits like these take years going through the legal process. We're not likely to see anything on that until at least 2022 or 2023

2. The basis of the lawsuit is weak

My prediction:

We get the bomb dropped on us tomorrow after the markets close. (although it is possible today too)

They are trying to get things figured out.

I'm expecting to have 3 of my cruises cancelled and I hate it. 😞

18 hours ago, Cruiseboy06 said:

It looks like Carnival is going to cancel August/ September sailings..........  image.thumb.png.daeb15fcaacbb4790199639f41385ad8.png

grayed out.png

Agree don't look good earlier today was showing up and now it don't for Miami also ....so thinking I may be lucky to get our Nov 14th cruise the way it keeps going.

No need for insurance. If cancelled you will get a refund or future cruise credit of some sort. Given all that is going on why book a cruise? Why not wait until things settle out.
Maybe she is getting some amazing bargains right now.
That would be the only reason to book a Cruise now

19 hours ago, Jamesatgsu said:

Only people who win in these are the ambulance chasers...pond scum

I am not optimistic about our August 30 Horizon cruise sailing. The same thing happened with my July 4 cruise on the Breeze. I think we will get the cancelation emails by Monday.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rwdtgb said:

I am not optimistic about our August 30 Horizon cruise sailing. The same thing happened with my July 4 cruise on the Breeze. I think we will get the cancelation emails by Monday.

CLIA just announced that all its members (including Carnival) would voluntarily delay all sailings from U.S. ports until September 15.  Source:  https://cruising.org/news-and-research/press-room/2020/june/clia-announces-voluntary-suspension-of-cruise-operations-from-us-ports .  So you should definitely get that cancellation notice soon.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hokiehog said:

So how does anyone know that announcement Monday will or will not be Carnival Corp severing ties with CLIA as obviously they have no power over the cruising industry at this point 

No one knows anything including the carnival agent I called and spoke with.

Sooner or later they have to tell us why you cant book anything august or sept.

CLIA just announced that all its members (including Carnival) would voluntarily delay all sailings from U.S. ports until September 15.  Source:  https://cruising.org/news-and-research/press-room/2020/june/clia-announces-voluntary-suspension-of-cruise-operations-from-us-ports .  So you should definitely get that cancellation notice soon.
Do you think this could be extended to 15th October also

4 minutes ago, drsel said:
8 hours ago, Honolulu Blue said:

It's really to soon to tell, but highly probable, in my opinion..my opinion only. We should find out more details(hopefully) on Monday when CCL makes their anticipated announcement. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, drsel said:
8 hours ago, Honolulu Blue said:

Actually I think they will wait a month to tell us thru oct 15. They dont want to have to refund money any sooner than they can get away with.

Imo we wouldnt know about october for another month.

• Like 1

Actually I think they will wait a month to tell us thru oct 15. They dont want to have to refund money any sooner than they can get away with.

Imo we wouldnt know about october for another month.
So is it safe to book a carnival cruise in April May 2021 and pay them now?