Aug & Sept

English-Greg

Carnival has remove from there website cruises in October because they are going to sail at a lower capacity. I was booked on Horizon Oct 3rd but hastily canceled but then reconsidered I jump the gun so hour later called carnival to have cruise reinstated. Carnival no way would even though ship is not full they stated they will be sailing at lower capacity. That's if they sail at all depends on CDC. Because how can u social distance in diningroom or theater's if at full capacity? And they don't want one person to have Covid-19 because then no port will allow them to dock for 14 days.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Forums mobile app

Speaking to my friend at Carnival ...  today’s information is “most all of the ships set for August and September are at or near our self imposed capacity “,  and that they “are accessing the situation “.   She is not very positive today .   She will never speak negatively about Carnival, very loyal after 35 years, but is pretty frustrated today.  So that’s the info I have so far.  I’ll post if I get any more.  

Edited by cruisin from vegas
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, skridge said:

I think they have canceled because there is still a pandemic going on and it is getting much worse now that all of these states have opened back up.  It would probably be best to try and get as much of your money back as you can and rent a beach house, or a lake house.  It is a little bit more expensive and you do have to cook for yourself and clean, but seems like a better option than giving an interest free loan to a Corporation that may or may not be here  a year from now.  

Is there a land critic site that you can now move your post too.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

So reminiscent of what happened with my May cruise. Disappeared from the site, with the official word being closed to limit capacity. It would be incredibly difficult to go through with another cancellation (I booked both on January 1). Especially since we just received the refund for the Taxes & Fun Shop after all this time. Then they decided to apply my future cruise credit to my November 2021 cruise without asking (my PVP said that is is impossible, but it is definitely what happened).  Because of what happened with that, we actually decided to book a November cruise with NCL to replace the May cruise.

I'm afraid to book my return flight (already booked getting there) because I expect the cancellation.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

As you know Jean, these are unprecedented times.  You booked a cruise in April and another in May a mere 30 and 60 days into the national lock down.  You had to know you were rolling the dice and that your fall cruises were not 100% locked down.  You also had the option to choose refunds for your cruises and you decided to take the 600 OBC option. 

You mentioned that you're going to be relocating in 2021.  Hopefully it's to a country that is not controlled by the inconsistency and fear that you 

no, we will still be in the USA. And hopefully by 2021, this will all be past us. We are just relocating to a different section of the country. I made decisions regarding my cruises based on what I was able to do at the time. We can't take off during the holidays and the summers. I do hold the cruise companies especially NCL for taking money for bookings for August and September then the following week making the announcement. It's just not right.  But I do take all responsibility for my bookings for May, August, September and October. April 27th and May 2 were the initial 2 bookings that started this. I had a b2b planned for the inspiration and the panorama preceeded by a trip overnight in the grand canyon. 

Edited by jean87510
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Lee Cruiser said:

I agree.  The question now is, what do you think will be the offer after it is made official?  Do they still offer the $600 OBC or a lesser amount?  Not sure how they can offer that much indefinitely.  While many say it costs them very little, it does eat into profits that they normally make on these areas.

I'm getting concerned about the OBC. My third rebook is for Aug 1. They told me I had too much OBC $1600 last time we booked so if they cancel again and offer more, I wonder if I will get anything from it?

If they do have to cancel August and (possibly) September, it'd be a terrible thing. Unfortunately, there are some who are diehard negative who will probably be happy to see it happen. I hope their voices don't drown out voices of reason and optimism. In the last few weeks, this forum was finally turning a corner from all the negativity and doom & gloom. It's been refreshing. I hope we can keep that ball rolling, even if they do have to cancel more cruises. I feel for those who have had to go through that process multiple times, but hang in there.

For those who now keep pushing the increase in cases in certain parts of the country, know that a big driving factor for that is an increase in the number of tests being done. I, for one, believe wholeheartedly that we have no other choice but to face this head on. We cannot withstand more lockdowns, economically and mentally. That is no longer a viable option. We locked down for 2+ months and continue to do it in many places, but it's still out there. It's not going away for the time being. I have refused to live in fear since this all began and I won't change now.

Edited by Organized Chaos
  • Like 11

7 minutes ago, oldracer said:

I'm getting concerned about the OBC. My third rebook is for Aug 1. They told me I had too much OBC $1600 last time we booked so if they cancel again and offer more, I wonder if I will get anything from it?

Wow!  I'm guessing they will only let you use that on one cruise and not spread out to several?  I don't think there is any way I would use that much.  Sure would be a bummer to lose it.

3 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

If they do have to cancel August and (possibly) September, it'd be a terrible thing. Unfortunately, there are some who are diehard negative who will probably be happy to see it happen. I hope their voices don't drown out voices of reason and optimism. In the last few weeks, this forum was finally turning a corner from all the negativity and doom & gloom. It's been refreshing. I hope we can keep that ball rolling, even if they do have to cancel more cruises. I feel for those who have had to go through that process multiple times, but hang in there.

For those who now keep pushing the increase in cases in certain parts of the country, know that a big driving factor for that is an increase in the number of tests being done. I, for one, believe wholeheartedly that we have no other choice but to face this head on. We cannot withstand more lockdowns, economically and mentally. That is no longer a viable option. We locked down for 2+ months and continue to do it in many places, but it's still out there. It's not going away for the time being. I have refused to live in fear since this all began and I won't change now.

It is frustrating that this passive aggressive post gets left up.  If there were not die hard negative people about doing things to stop this virus we might be cruising in Aug or Sept.  Unfortunately, people that refuse to do simple things to stop the virus are screwing it up for everyone else.  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, crazy4themouse said:

I just don't see them sailing August 1st... Here in the Houston/Galveston area it's more than a "spike" in cases -- Galveston County alone has seen a very large, very rapid surge in both cases and hospitalizations in the past two weeks, and it's just getting worse. I really don't see cruises before maybe October.

Yea people act like it's nothing. I'm in dallas and hospitalizations up 400%. So dont say it's just more testing. Yea I'm getting worried about oct,  lol and got more booked on rcl after that. Probably move August to december, the rates in 2021 crazy high. All those $600 obc bookings driving prices higher.

Sure would be nice to have a crystal ball. 

36 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Yea people act like it's nothing. I'm in dallas and hospitalizations up 400%. So dont say it's just more testing. Yea I'm getting worried about oct,  lol and got more booked on rcl after that. Probably move August to december, the rates in 2021 crazy high. All those $600 obc bookings driving prices higher.

Sure would be nice to have a crystal ball. 

It would be nice to have a crystal ball, I work in Infectious Diseases at a hospital.  I don't have any concerns about cruising.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, skridge said:

It is frustrating that this passive aggressive post gets left up.  If there were not die hard negative people about doing things to stop this virus we might be cruising in Aug or Sept.  Unfortunately, people that refuse to do simple things to stop the virus are screwing it up for everyone else.  

Passive aggressive? I thought I was putting it out there clearly. Allowing the doom & gloom to take over is a detriment to this forum. It's cute that you think all your negative rhetoric somehow makes you our savior.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

Passive aggressive? I thought I was putting it out there clearly. Allowing the doom & gloom to take over is a detriment to this forum. It's cute that you think all your negative rhetoric somehow makes you our savior.

I don't know if you are but your come off as a angry negative person.  

Edited by wesorbeth
Did not mean to post

2 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

Nope.  Just means I have a different opinion that you can't tolerate, so you go calling people names and diagnosing them with depression.  That was a good one by the way.  I am not trying to be anyone's savior.   I would just like to be able to put my opinion out there without being shouted down by the likes of you.  You have been calling me doom and gloom since March.  What were you calling me that for, oh that's right because I didn't think there was a snowballs chance that cruises would be taking off in August or September.  Well guess what.  Things aren't looking to good for Aug and Sept.  Instead of saying oh skridge you were kind of right about that you are going to double down and call me more names.  I really hope cruising will be back by November, but with so many people out there flouting all the things that could make this thing better, my new prediction is March of next year.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, skridge said:

Nope.  Just means I have a different opinion that you can't tolerate, so you go calling people names and diagnosing them with depression.  That was a good one by the way.  I am not trying to be anyone's savior.   I would just like to be able to put my opinion out there without being shouted down by the likes of you.  You have been calling me doom and gloom since March.  What were you calling me that for, oh that's right because I didn't think there was a snowballs chance that cruises would be taking off in August or September.  Well guess what.  Things aren't looking to good for Aug and Sept.  Instead of saying oh skridge you were kind of right about that you are going to double down and call me more names.  I really hope cruising will be back by November, but with so many people out there flouting all the things that could make this thing better, my new prediction is March of next year.  

You seem like an angry negative person.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wesorbeth said:

You seem like an angry negative person.

Nope.  Just someone that wants his opinion to be heard without being ridiculed.  Most of the people that are on these boards are capable of that.  I don't have a problem with them.  Again, anytime you post a big ole dollop of realism, you get called names.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Whoa. I was looking at October cruises yesterday...and they're starting to disappear. Specifically Vista and Freedom.

and Panorama's cruises, They are just only showing 24th and 31st sailings..   Ya think the Halloween cruise "31st" would be sold out first.

Edited by Cruiseboy06

2 hours ago, skridge said:

We agree on the last line.  

12 minutes ago, Cruiseboy06 said:

and Panorama's cruises, They are just only showing 24th and 31st sailings..   Ya think the Halloween cruise "31st" would be sold out first.

On the upside for Panorama. I noticed they opened up the summer of 2022. Pretty sure those weren't there yesterday.