Carnival just sold 6 ships is Holland next??

Carnival just sold 6 ships is Holland next?
Carnival Fantasy (built in 1990), Ecstasy (1991), Sensation (1993), Fascination (1994), Imagination (1995), Inspiration (1996), Elation (1998) and Paradise
Are all these 8 ships already sold or expected to be sold soon

2 hours ago, Himself said:

This move is by Carnival is bound to affect HAL.  I can defiantly see the Maasdam and Veendam go.  They were built in 1993 and 1996 respectively. 

I will not be surprised if HAL is blended into Princess or vice versa if needed.  Eliminating ships will allow less salaries and a chance to get lean and in essence actually start over.

The longer this drags on the more Companies with Zero revenue will have to do drastic things. 

11 minutes ago, Nymich said:

I will not be surprised if HAL is blended into Princess or vice versa if needed.  Eliminating ships will allow less salaries and a chance to get lean and in essence actually start over.

The longer this drags on the more Companies with Zero revenue will have to do drastic things. 

I f that happen I would hope Princess would be blended into Holland America!

• Like 2

I agree with you the Holland America product is better.
We have sailed a lot on both. And can tell the difference.
What's the difference please, between Princess and Holland America?
I have read everywhere that Princess has better shows, activities and entertainment

Hi Drsel,

Of course it is all subjective.  We sail both lines, but mainly HAL.  For us, the staff are better, meaning the MDR, Lido and stateroom attendants are much more attentive on HAL lines, they all know your name by end of day one.  The shows itself I would say are the same.  The entertainment from the Crew Staff i.e. trivia, games, etc there is more on Princess, Princess usually has way more staff than HAL, Princess can have 5 staff in entertainment department, and we are lucky to get two entertainment staff on a HAL ship.  We usually sail longer voyages on HAL 28 plus days.  The itinerary's are better in my opinion on HAL.  Princess has the International Cafe and the Piazza which are both great, many times nice music in the piazza, great place to sit for coffee.  I am going to get flamed for this from some people, but I think the fellow cruisers on HAL are nicer than Princess.  Of course just my opinion again.  We have a great time on any cruise, but I do prefer the HAL product.  

• Like 4

5 hours ago, drsel said:

Its only six ships being sold, not 14

6 for now, and more on the way. 

https://cruiseradio.net/carnival-sells-six-cruise-ships-more-to-come/

In addition to the six ships which already are definitely leaving various Carnival Corporation brands, Donald has indicated that there are negotiations in place which could see more vessels exiting as well.”

some of these are slated to be flat out scrapped and not repurposed. 

Edited by UPNYGuy

1 hour ago, drsel said:

What's the difference please, between Princess and Holland America?
I have read everywhere that Princess has better shows, activities and entertainment

we find that Princess is fun with music & activities for everyone.

HAL is stuffy and for old people - like a nursing home - assisted living. HAL has a nite club for classical music but very little rock & roll. we did the  2017 world cruise on the amsterdam LA to FTL. we died.

each to his own. no more HAL for us.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, jrblach said:

HAL is stuffy and for old people - like a nursing home - assisted living. HAL has a nite club for classical music but very little rock & roll. we did the  2017 world cruise on the amsterdam LA to FTL. we died.

You have not been to a ship that has Billboard and Rolling Stone.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

You have not been to a ship that has Billboard and Rolling Stone.

You've got that right.

Our last cruise on Holland was in late January.  Went to BB King every single night.  Standing room only, lots of dancing, etc. Busy days on shore, and so much to do after dinner that we had to prioritize every night.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Sir PMP said:

And more to come according to Mr. (Round-up) Donald. This may be the end of the S.(Maasdam, Veendam) and R. Class ships (Rotterdam, Amsterdam, Volendam, Zaandam)..

But I only sail on the S and R class ships!  OK, I did do the Noordam's maiden voyage and didn't like the bigger ship.  My cruise days may be over - Waaaaaaa.

• Like 1

Nowhere in the article does it state that those specific ships are being sold. It lists them because the writer of the article wanted to identify the oldest class of Carnival ships as selling them would be the most obvious choice.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

Carnival just sold 6 ships is Holland next?

Carnival Fantasy (built in 1990), Ecstasy (1991), Sensation (1993), Fascination (1994), Imagination (1995), Inspiration (1996), Elation (1998) and Paradise

In the two articles I've read, the six ships are not specified. In one of them in particular, Donald says this class of ships (cited by you above) continues to be popular and book well. 

Did you find something else out there about this?

14 hours ago, jrblach said:

Come on Rich, tell us how you really feel!  😎😄