Cruise industry announces US sailing suspension extended until Sept. 15

shof515

2 minutes ago, Lee Cruiser said:

Yes, it would.  Our cruise is September 19 on the Breeze, but I will be cancelling today before the final payment is due on Sunday.  Really don't want to be on the first cruise back at this point.

Don't think they will be cruising this fall at all. Maybe not even in the winter.

• Like 4

Just saw this on another cruising board.  My October 4 Breeze cruise is now gone from the website.  In fact, all the October Breeze cruises are gone.  I am not sure if I should make final payment and wait for a cancellation or just take the ES hit and cancel myself??? I also don't want to be a guinea pig. I would rather the kinks worked out before going.

I hate this piece at a time stuff.  I say that understanding full well that the cruise lines want desperately to start cruising again.

Deleting cruises through October, but cancelling through September 15, muddies the waters.

I realize in my left brain I am asking for too much.  The frustration in my right brain just keeps growing.

• Like 8

I could see a week or 2 ago, that this might be the case. And this directive came from the CLIA this morning, so this is very  fresh news. Bummer. Our cruise was scheduled to sail Sept. 13. Missed it by 2 days. 😕

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Butterbean1000 said:

The web site still says they are assessing the situation.  It would be nice if Carnival would let it's booked passengers know before we have to hear it on the news. 

This way is the best way

A little bewildering why they would set the start up date right at the beginning of the fall Flu season.

Don't they know by now if the new virus is this active in the heat of summer it will be a supercharged hot mess come this Fall! Until there is a vaccine and we all have a chance to get it and let it work, it's risky to think about a cruise.

If I were holding a booking and being strung along by the cruise line, I'd be pretty mad right now!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Well that is most unfortunate.  My next cruise is Oct 10 on the Breeze.  One more 30 day extension of cancellations will make it go away.  I really had my heart set on this, was my shiny new DIL's first cruise, plus its doubtful I will live long enough to reschedule for next year.  But, nothing I can do about it.  

I'd go camping, but the national forests are closed as well, because, you know, all those wide open spaces are teeming with the virus.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Chief93 said:

Well that is most unfortunate.  My next cruise is Oct 10 on the Breeze.  One more 30 day extension of cancellations will make it go away.  I really had my heart set on this, was my shiny new DIL's first cruise, plus its doubtful I will live long enough to reschedule for next year.  But, nothing I can do about it.  

I'd go camping, but the national forests are closed as well, because, you know, all those wide open spaces are teeming with the virus.

Grand canyon is open if you haven't been there. We are researching it now just in case...and we will not be wearing masks!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Butterbean1000 said:

The web site still says they are assessing the situation.  It would be nice if Carnival would let it's booked passengers know before we have to hear it on the news. 

It would also be nice if they made the call before the final payment is due!!!!  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Chief93 said:

We’ve been camping in the Ocala National Forest in the last couple weeks and have just reserved the last site available for 3 days at Anastasia state park in St Augustine. Most of the parks I would like to go to are full for weeks! I’d say they are pretty busy,

im really disheartened at hearing further suspension of cruising. My August 15 on Breeze was the 3rd time changing that one. Guess I’ll keep trying. I have 19 days till Diamond, but may not live long enough at this rate! Have a b2b in November to Bahamas then January on Radiance (If it ever gets done), then March 1. Maybe one of those will go. Talked to my pvp yesterday and she said it’s been really dead, she sounded so disappointed.

11 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

Oh look, it’s another group of people about to wait 90+ days for their refunds.

i am currently waiting 92 days and counting for a refund for a cruise i canceled back in march

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, chengkp75 said:

Apples to oranges.

Maybe, but I think it’s possible to implement social distancing on ships if the capacity is reduced enough, although I don’t know what that reduced percentage would need to be and it would obviously vary between ship classes. What I do know first hand is there is no such thing as social distancing on an airplane, unless you are flying on a flight with a low passenger load. 

• Like 1

We are booked on the October 4 Glory out of New Orleans (originally was April 19) I'm pretty sure it will be cancelled at some point. I wish Carnival would just let us cancel it now without penalty so we can make other plans and try and salvage some sort of vacation  this year. 

• Like 4