Beverage Packages - Current Pricing

A change in topic.  We have booked again for next year.  Our last RCI cruise was 2018, went with P+O last year.  I'm therefore out of touch with beverage pricing on RCI.  I now the package price goes up and down like something that goes up and down a lot and there will be a point at which I take it.  However I'm not too sure of the recent low prices on it.  I also know it can be ship specific and that the best price will be before we sail.

The current price shown is £43.32 thats in UK £'s.   What price have people seen recently?

1 hour ago, Dinglebert said:

What price have people seen recently?

It doesn't really matter what others see - buy when you feel it has value to you and keep watching for price drops when you can cancel and re-buy.

The price changes almost daily in Cruise Planner.   Identify what rate you feel is reasonable  $69 a day for example), and buy at that price.  Check Cruise Planner frequently, and if the price drops, buy it at the new price and cancel your previous purchase.  Hope this helps. 

22 hours ago, Biker19 said:

It doesn't really matter what others see - buy when you feel it has value to you and keep watching for price drops when you can cancel and re-buy.

I have bought and sold package in the past.  Not wanting to jump in at £43 a day as just gave RCI £600 yesterday for deposits.  I check and last time I paid £31 and pennies a day around 9 months before trip.  Will keep a eye out.

The price for DBP on our Christmas Ovation sailing dropped to AUD 63.02 yesterday.

This is the lowest I've seen it on the three sailing I have been tracking for the last two years.

That equates to USD 43.75 or GBP 34.94

We had previously bought it at AUD 72.61 thinking that for a cruise from Australia over Christmas and New Year that may be the lowest it went. Obviously have cancelled and repurchased.

Now we wait to see how long the refund takes, and then if the cruise actually happens...

5 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Our Jan 2021 Harmony cruise is at 53 USD right now.  That doesn't include gratuity.  Our Freedom cruise in May 2019 was $47.  I believe that Oasis Class is typically more.

Our Oasis cruise in January is also at $53 usd right now.  Our Freedom cruise in March 2021 is at $46 with the current sale.  

We donated to RCI today for a Harmony Holiday cruise in December with Deluxe at 49/day and refreshment at 19/day. I felt great about the price and am prepared for the long haul on the refund should our cruise cancel. It did feel good to have a major line item on our cruise budget paid off today so it was a little win. Original prices on the deluxe were $65 a day!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

On 6/22/2020 at 3:48 PM, Dinglebert said:

A change in topic.  We have booked again for next year.  Our last RCI cruise was 2018, went with P+O last year.  I'm therefore out of touch with beverage pricing on RCI.  I now the package price goes up and down like something that goes up and down a lot and there will be a point at which I take it.  However I'm not too sure of the recent low prices on it.  I also know it can be ship specific and that the best price will be before we sail.

The current price shown is £43.32 thats in UK £'s.   What price have people seen recently?

Currently  £37.24 for our October cruise as part of a pre cruise savings promotion.

1 hour ago, Gracie115 said:

Does Royal offer a water package?  Princess has a good one, I know Celebrity does not.  Planning a trip out of Barcelona so would be nice to have it on board waiting rather than having to bring along.  Thanks

Yes.  A case of large (liter, I believe) of Evian.  Should be in your Cruise Planner.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gracie115 said:

Does Royal offer a water package?  Princess has a good one, I know Celebrity does not.  Planning a trip out of Barcelona so would be nice to have it on board waiting rather than having to bring along.  Thanks

22 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Yes.  A case of large (liter, I believe) of Evian.  Should be in your Cruise Planner.

We got the Evian bottles, they were very large, last year on Ovation in Alaska.  Next year, my cruise planner shows only cans of Dasani available, 12 or 24 pk of 16 oz cans, $15 for the 12 pk and $23 for the 24 pk... not a fan of Dasani so not thrilled with this change.

Just now, erinsmom03 said:

We got the Evian bottles, they were very large, last year on Ovation in Alaska.  Next year, my cruise planner shows only cans of Dasani available, 12 or 24 pk of 16 oz cans, $15 for the 12 pk and $23 for the 24 pk... not a fan of Dasani so not thrilled with this change.

I looked and the cruise planner mentions the Dasani but has no pricing for it.... not much of a fan of that either so may just "bring my own"

2 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

I looked and the cruise planner mentions the Dasani but has no pricing for it.... not much of a fan of that either so may just "bring my own"

To see the price, you need to go through the first couple of steps of adding it to your cart... I might stick to ice water from the Freestyle machine...

4 minutes ago, erinsmom03 said:

To see the price, you need to go through the first couple of steps of adding it to your cart... I might stick to ice water from the Freestyle machine...

Maybe because it's so far out there is no option for adding it to the cart with the water package, there is for the other beverage packages....will keep checking.

• Like 1

Ew.  Yes.  It has now turned into CANS of Dasani.  24 cans for $17 or 12 cans for $11.  (16 ounce/475 ml cans)

Your price for the water is much better than mine! But I don’t want Dasani anyway so I’ll drink the free Freestyle water.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On 6/25/2020 at 10:04 AM, wsbond said:

We donated to RCI today for a Harmony Holiday cruise in December with Deluxe at 49/day and refreshment at 19/day. I felt great about the price and am prepared for the long haul on the refund should our cruise cancel. It did feel good to have a major line item on our cruise budget paid off today so it was a little win. Original prices on the deluxe were $65 a day!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Curious, I haven’t sailed Royal in a few years. I tried to book the alcohol package just for DH and refreshment for me, but it looks like both have to have the alcohol package to book. Were you able to book just one alcohol package? I understand both people in the room must be on a package, but wondering if this is what you did? Or are you just giving prices for each package. Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

52 minutes ago, son3cruisers said:

Curious, I haven’t sailed Royal in a few years. I tried to book the alcohol package just for DH and refreshment for me, but it looks like both have to have the alcohol package to book. Were you able to book just one alcohol package? I understand both people in the room must be on a package, but wondering if this is what you did? Or are you just giving prices for each package. Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

They permit you to do that only by calling them, not online.

• Like 1