Here's the latest statement from Princess regarding refunds

CineGraphic

23 hours ago, CineGraphic said:
REFUND & FCC UPDATE: We understand the frustration over the delays in receiving a refund for your cancelled vacation. Since our last update on June 3, we continue to make progress and would like to provide the following updates on what to expect:
- Because we respect our guest’s money and time, processing refunds has remained one of our top priorities since our company paused operations. Despite significantly increasing people resources in this area, we needed to also ramp up our systems capabilities to be able to handle higher volume and significant complexity. With a global scope, our refund process is an involved one, dealing with 13 different currencies and various payment methods.
- Our teammates are making their way through the backlog more quickly now and have completed nearly 60% of refunds so far.
- Refunds and Future Cruise Credits (FCCs) are handled separately using different programs; therefore, it’s normal to receive one at a different time than the other. In many circumstances, your full Future Cruise Credit amount will be made up of two or three separate FCCs.
- Likewise, refunds may also come to you as a series of payments, rather than one lump sum. For example, your cruise fare, shore excursions and pre-cruise onboard purchases are processed separately, so you may not receive those amounts at the same time depending on the method of payment.
- Even if you requested an FCC, some transactions are automatically refunded unless you move them to a new reservation. These include flexible air fares, hotel packages, transfers, Princess Vacation Protection, and taxes, fees & port expenses.
Although we can’t give a specific date as to when the refund will be received, please know that we’re working as hard as we can to get it to you as quickly as possible. We appreciate your continued patience and understanding as we do our very best during this extraordinary time.

= no accountability

I know it’s frustrating for those in Pause 1 who see Pause 2 people getting their refunds. I do believe that they are learning more and getting more efficient with each Pause. We received our Pause 2 refund within the promised timeframe.  

As for the people fleeing to another cruise line, the same things are being said on the other cruise lines’ forums. Just go read, and you’ll see. 

Hoping those waiting will get their refunds soon! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cruisequeen4ever said:

I know it’s frustrating for those in Pause 1 who see Pause 2 people getting their refunds. I do believe that they are learning more and getting more efficient with each Pause. We received our Pause 2 refund within the promised timeframe.  

As for the people fleeing to another cruise line, the same things are being said on the other cruise lines’ forums. Just go read, and you’ll see. 

Hoping those waiting will get their refunds soon! 

I no longer view it as frustrating, just total incompetence. I got my pause 2 refund today, despite requesting FCC. I still have no refund for my pause 1 sailing. I have had 2 Princess cruises cancelled, along with a Carnival, NCL and RC. Carnival refunded in full in 30 days. NCL and RC within 45 days. My Princess outstanding cruise was the first sailing date and the first cancelled. I am a BIG fan of Princess, but the way they have handled this does make me question if I want to give them my future business or go with those lines that were more efficient with my money (just my experience, I'm sure others have had issues with other lines). I have 2 future Princess bookings for 21 and 22 that are big money for them as they are group/family bookings in full suites. I am not sure if we will keep those bookings moving forward. One thing I know for sure is that I will change the way I have always booked/paid for cruises with Princess. I always book very far in advance and then pay small amounts monthly so that it is paid in full by final payment. I will never do this again. I will book last minute, after final payment, and only if the sailing will go ahead!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I found the last Princess msg frustrating as I'm only waiting for FCC on 2 of my 4 cancelations (1 transferred, 1 cash back waiting on FCC, 1 resolved in full & 1 too recent to even ask about). 

On 6/22/2020 at 6:13 PM, ceilidh1 said:

I also got that answer about 6 weeks ago - 104 days and still waiting. I was also told it was processed April 29th. I was also told a cheque for excursion refund was mailed March 15th. I was also told that the booking was incorrectly tagged but now that it was corrected it would be fast tracked. The list goes on. Every rep has a different response/reason. I no longer need to talk with Princess as I disputed with Paypal and my 2 credit cards used. Paypal has ruled in my favour (shore excursions) and I have temp credits on both cards so now the bank can negotiate with Princess until it gets sorted. Either way, I know I am getting my money.

For your excursion discussions with Princess were they separate or included with cruise cancellation. My sister booked cruise, I booked excursions. I have done nothing. I guess it is time to start follow up.

1 hour ago, Mary155 said:

For your excursion discussions with Princess were they separate or included with cruise cancellation. My sister booked cruise, I booked excursions. I have done nothing. I guess it is time to start follow up.

I had called about the refund and the rep brought up the excursion refund...I had pre paid but not cancelled them before the cruise was cancelled. Naively I had expected everything to be refunded together in a timely fashion...

Just found out today that we received the refund for our March 2021 South America/Antarctica cruise deposit that we cancelled on March 20th.  We took the patient approach and were happy that Princess came through for us.  Granted, we did not have as much money invested as most of the people that we’re hearing about so it was much easier to wait and give Princess a chance.  Wishing the best for those who are still waiting.

• Like 3

Total BS.  If you believe anything that any of the cruise lines tell you, I have some cruise ships to sell you.  The Brooklyn Bridge has already been sold several times over. 

I cancelled an August 2021 Oceania cruise in early February about a month before Covid exploded and it still took them almost 4 months for them to get my deposit money back and Oceania deposits aren't cheap.  My TA spent an hour on the phone arguing w them before I got my $3000 back.

DON

Edited by donaldsc
  • Like 1

I guess I have more patience than sense.  I let Princess handle things, and received our refunds for shore excursions and EZAir on 6/19 for a cruise scheduled to sail 7/8.  I hope you all see yours soon too. 

• Like 3

This past Monday marked 81 days waiting for our refunds for an April 11 Trans-Atlantic. Interestingly, I checked my Captain's Circle account last week - and, lo and behold, I had been given a cash credit of the value of the cruise fare and a 50% bonus credit on June 1. I never received the email Princess said they would send when it was posted to my account. The sad thing is that I elected Option 2 - which is cash refund and 25% credit! Then last night, a Princess sales agent cold-calls wanting to help me book that cruise credit. (patience - don't blow up). She looked at my account and said I had elected both options (!?) and would send a note to finance to look into it. I also told her I was not interested in looking at future cruises until I had received all my refunds (EZAir, Port Taxes and Fees, as well as Cruise fare). She said they all come from different departments and would occur at different times.  I also asked what happens to the 2 Future Cruise Certs I used - she tap danced but seemed to imply that I would get the $100 each I paid for them instead of having them reactivated (worth $100 onboard credit). We'll find out and hopefully that won't be too long!! Ugh.

• Like 1

We cancelled a November 2020 Sky Princess Cruise in May. We received a refund of a $200.00 deposit on our June Amex account statement.

This quick refund might have been because we cancelled before final payment and before Princess canceled the cruise. 

I guess we are among the lucky ones.

Good luck to those of you who have been waiting for a refund.

I just filed my dispute for the Sky Princess our of Copenhagen today.   After numerous calls to Princess I've decided to let AE deal with Princess.   They told me the money will be in my account shortly.   The operator also told me that they are handling countless disputes with Princess.   

• Like 3

Yep, this is a nightmare for everyone.   Our 21 day cruise was for 24May2020.  It was paid last year.  Cancelled in March 2020.  Not a word from Princess.  Not a small amount.  

It has been 111 days, today, since the cancellation.  Princess has been using my money long enough.  I am pretty sure that, going forward, I would not book with Princess.

• Like 3

I would file a dispute with American Express many people have done it and have been paid by American Express actually American Express gives you a credit for future purchases I just file d today they said that the credit will be in my count shortly. I am so happy.

2 hours ago, MJSailors said:

We cancelled a November 2020 Sky Princess Cruise in May. We received a refund of a $200.00 deposit on our June Amex account statement.

This quick refund might have been because we cancelled before final payment and before Princess canceled the cruise. 

I guess we are among the lucky ones.

Good luck to those of you who have been waiting for a refund.

We cancelled a July cruise with a refundable deposit in April before Princess cancelled it in May. No refund yet. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to their refunds except that they are extremely slow.

On 6/22/2020 at 4:12 PM, jsb1954 said:

Will wait  two more weeks ...Then i will be going to the BBB and ripoffreport.com ....

What a way to do business.  No more excuses!!!!!!

Small claims court.... although believe they are in Seattle.

I asked today which State to complain to as was going to file a complaint with Attorney General as person I spoke with told me we requested an fcc when we requested a refund. Then retracted statement and asked me to email customerrelations@princesscruises.com to see if I could resolve first before I report them!

1 hour ago, AncientMariner48 said:

...It has been 111 days, today, since the cancellation....I am pretty sure that, going forward, I would not book with Princess.

Not that it is going to make you feel better, but yours is the lengthiest delay I can recall being posted on these boards.  I sincerely hope your wait is not too much longer.  

I’m 10 days behind you...and despite 259 days on Princess I too am pretty sure I won’t be booking with them going forward either.  Not that any other cruise line is more attractive at the moment, but my preferred land tour companies have been stellar.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jsb1954 said:

I just filed my dispute for the Sky Princess our of Copenhagen today.   After numerous calls to Princess I've decided to let AE deal with Princess.   They told me the money will be in my account shortly.   The operator also told me that they are handling countless disputes with Princess.   

That is bothersome when they think "another Princess cruiser" and you don't need to explain your case.

On 6/22/2020 at 11:27 AM, osofish2 said:

We received our May 30 Alaska refund today.  What a great surprise.  We actually thought we might not get it back. Hope you'all will start seeing your refunds soon.

Thank you for sharing this.  I was booked on Royal May 15, 2 week Alaska rt from LA.  So maybe I'll see a refund soon.  BTW:  Were you two on a translantic to Copenhagen last April?  And Linda, did you hurt your foot on the stairs during the cruise?  I was on the TA and I stayed at the same hotel (cam't remember the name, maybe started with letter A ???)   Anyway, hope you are doing well.  Do you have any future cruise plans?  Patti from Oceanside, California

2 hours ago, pspatti said:

Thank you for sharing this.  I was booked on Royal May 15, 2 week Alaska rt from LA.  So maybe I'll see a refund soon.  BTW:  Were you two on a te usuay stay with west coast cruises, with no ranslantic to Copenhagen last April?  And Linda, did you hurt your foot on the stairs during the cruise?  I was on the TA and I stayed at the same hotel (cam't remember the name, maybe started with letter A ???)   Anyway, hope you are doing well.  Do you have any future cruise plans?  Patti from Oceanside, California

Good luck with your refund.  No, not on that cruise.  We have an Oct. 24 to Mexico, but think it will be a no go.  We have spent a lot of time in Oceanside over the years.  Our son was stationed at Pendleton. Our other son now lives in Poway.