Mediterranean Weather

weather is unpredictable

We did  a R/T cruise from Athens one year  left last week of April  temps were mid 50's  2 wks later  Athens was 90+  high humidity

You could check average weather  patterns for previous years   then decide  when to travel

May 2019

https://www.accuweather.com/en/gr/athens/182536/may-weather/182536?year=2019

May 2020

https://www.accuweather.com/en/gr/athens/182536/may-weather/182536?year=2020

The end of May is more than likely going to be hot. But somehow it seems less oppressive than the August heat and things are still a bit fresher.

Honestly I prefer the more "shoulder season" months when weather is more pleasant for sightseeing -- mid-April or mid-October (although in the fall you do face more chance of rain in some of the more northern areas...)

30 minutes ago, Callie4Gracie said:

Is the end of May going to be to hot for a cruise from Athens to Barcelona?

Should I try to go earlier?

Thanks for any input.

I would go earlier we did September a few years ago and Heat was terrible, our main issue was visiting Vatican and church’s that do not allow shorts etc. a long time ago we did early March and weather was perfect for walking around.

We don't know what "too hot" means to you...it means different things to different people. I like hot weather, DW not so much.

If you Google search a couple of your ports (for example, try "Athens May weather") you will get an idea of the temperature range at that time of the year in the area.

And we have a Eastern Med cruise booked for late next May.

May to September is too hot for me in the Med, but not for my husband, nor the millions of Brits who flock there in the half term school holiday in May. It depends on your tolerance for heat- mine is extremely low, and red hair/pale skin is a burden.

Actually end of May is a good time to go to the Med. The temperatures are not that hot, still from 17 to 25 Celsius. June is more rainy and humid and July and August scorching hot. Also end of May is not yet summer season which means ports may not be as crowded.