Fleet redeployment: Joy canceled next year 2021 (aug + sept)

fstuff1

I gotta say...all of this future planning by any of the cruise lines is so speculative at best.  We don't have a clue what the situation will be  for now and into the distant future.   A year from now?  Maybe...but who knows.   

30 minutes ago, Sand and Seas said:

Were these New York to Bermuda cruises?

Unless a recent change had been made that I did not see, my notes show that 8/27 and 9/1 were 5 day NY to Bermuda, and 9/6 and 9/11 were 5 day NY to Canada/NE.  On 9/16, several Bermuda cruises were to resume.

43 minutes ago, cruiservictor said:

Unless a recent change had been made that I did not see, my notes show that 8/27 and 9/1 were 5 day NY to Bermuda, and 9/6 and 9/11 were 5 day NY to Canada/NE.  On 9/16, several Bermuda cruises were to resume.

Hmm....🤔

Makes me think they are moving Joy out of New York earlier rather than just changing itineraries out of NY.  

I wonder what other ships may be affected by 'Fleet redeployment"

51 minutes ago, Sand and Seas said:

Hmm....🤔

Makes me think they are moving Joy out of New York earlier rather than just changing itineraries out of NY.  

I wonder what other ships may be affected by 'Fleet redeployment"

The thing about moving the Joy out early is that there are still I think 6 cruises planned for the Joy out of NY after these cancellations - 5 to Bermuda and 1 to Canada/NE.

They cancelled October 2021 also. I got the email this morning that my cruise to Bermuda is cancelled.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

1 hour ago, Crazy4Cruisin225 said:

They cancelled October 2021 also. I got the email this morning that my cruise to Bermuda is cancelled.

Can you tell us the date of your cancelled cruise?  

I'm starting to wonder what they are planning for The Joy

2 minutes ago, Crazy4Cruisin225 said:

Mine was October 11, 2021. 5 day Bermuda. The email stated they cancelled all cruises from Oct 2nd through 11th.

Confusing the way they have cancelled several cruises and yet expanded August 22nd from 5 days to 7.  

1 hour ago, Sand and Seas said:

Confusing the way they have cancelled several cruises and yet expanded August 22nd from 5 days to 7.  

They are likely changing many of the sailings to 7 days, but are only keeping reservations where the new sailing completely includes the original sailing dates.  It did seem like there were a lack of late summer/fall 7 day Bermuda sailings in 2021 (and 2022) compared to past years.

Edited by timf2001
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, roger001 said:

I gotta say...all of this future planning by any of the cruise lines is so speculative at best.  We don't have a clue what the situation will be  for now and into the distant future.   A year from now?  Maybe...but who knows.   

thats why im not booking any cruises till i see ships actually sailing.

save myself headache, heartache, and stress

• Like 2

12 hours ago, fstuff1 said:

thats why im not booking any cruises till i see ships actually sailing.

save myself headache, heartache, and stress

I am just using my already paid for Cruise Next certificates to hold cruises I'm hoping will sail in the future.    No more cash out of pocket until sailings start.

Just called and changed my October this year Joy cruise to January 2022.    I found it's easier to just move that deposit to a new cruise than wait for it to be (probably) cancelled.    I'll be watching my three 2021 cruises to see if I need to re-book those farther out.   

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

I am just using my already paid for Cruise Next certificates to hold cruises I'm hoping will sail in the future.    No more cash out of pocket until sailings start.

Just called and changed my October this year Joy cruise to January 2022.    I found it's easier to just move that deposit to a new cruise than wait for it to be (probably) cancelled.    I'll be watching my three 2021 cruises to see if I need to re-book those farther out.   

im waiting for the usual last minute $50/day pricing for solos till i book. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

On 7/2/2020 at 8:10 PM, shof515 said:

It looks they are changing the itinerary as part of their redeployment

image.png.a082ade1d3d3eef8ff0e235e77affd2e.png

OK...that makes sense.  I'm on the Joy out of Miami next year.  I wouldn't mind switching it up for the Bermuda itinerary since it's now 7 days.  

15 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

OK...that makes sense.  I'm on the Joy out of Miami next year.  I wouldn't mind switching it up for the Bermuda itinerary since it's now 7 days.  

Yes, Bermuda is definitely better with the 7 day itinerary.   More time on the island🌞

I've been watching, but haven't seen new cruises posted yet for the period they cancelled.

• Like 1

Still nothing scheduled for those dates that I can see.  What is this 'redeployment'? 

I can't see anything scheduled for Joy August 27 to Sept 11th, 2021.  Also nothing for October 11-19th 2021?

(October 19th Joy starts a Miami cruise.)