Which Princess sailings, (if any) do you think will sail this year? (And why)

CineGraphic

If we need to wait until Air Travel gets back to normal before cruising can beginl, then cruising may not start for a very long time.  I have heard from the news that some airlines don't believe air travel will be back to normal for 2 to 3 years. Oh well, always have our back yard......calling this a staycation.......

9 minutes ago, Paula_MacFan said:

I hope it doesn't come to that, but living in denial and magical thinking won't make anything better.  

my glass always has been / still is / and will be half full thru all of this ...🥃 ... I refuse to wallow in pessimism 

no pollyanna here, but still remain optimistic that cruising will return - in fact it already has ... just not for us right now

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Paula_MacFan said:

I hope it doesn't come to that, but living in denial and magical thinking won't make anything better.  

Agree with your thinking and I do not see cruising returning anytime soon until there is the ability to provide for a very safe and fun cruising experience.  Who wants to get on a ship and risk getting Covid-19 and quarantined to boot.  The cruise to nowhere is something we will not spend money on just so we can be on a potential death trap.  

The Covid - 19 deniers WOULD not believe the news of how dangerous the disease was and how fast it was spreading but now all of a sudden they believe every little tidbit of news they hear that there is going to be a magical vaccine come September and they will be eating pizza on the Lido deck in December and all will be well.....

Edited by PrincessLuver
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Shaver John said:

If we need to wait until Air Travel gets back to normal before cruising can beginl, then cruising may not start for a very long time.  I have heard from the news that some airlines don't believe air travel will be back to normal for 2 to 3 years. Oh well, always have our back yard......calling this a staycation.......

That "back to normal" in two or three years means the same passenger volume as pre-pandemic.

Having flights available to all the same destinations as before, even if not on the same airline, will occur earlier.

• Like 1

Princess Cruises cancels sailings until mid-December because of the pandemic

Forrest Brown, CNN • Published 23rd July 2020

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/princess-cruises-cancels-sailings-december-pandemic/index.html

This will most likely be extended well into 2021

Every day that goes by with no national policy on shutting down the US until the falling transmission rate meets the 14 day CDC guidelines means this pandemic will continue out of control and no one will be cruising anytime soon.

No other country will allow Americans to visit until the pandemic is under control.

No need to start packing perhaps not until 2022?

Howard

Here is the basic question I have posed to some family and friends.  What do you think will change, regarding COVID-19, in the next 6 months, 1 year, 2 years, etc?   And I would further toss out a related thought.  What if there is no safe/effective vaccine for at least 3 years (this would actually be faster then any vaccine has been brought to market in history) and the virus does not go away?

I raise these basic issues having worked in the government healthcare industry for over 35 years.  Experience has taught me to discount promises, delivered by pharmaceutical companies, of soon to be available drugs and vaccines.  I would caution folks (Dr. Fauci has also expressed a similar caution) that just because a drug/vaccine is rushed into Phase 3 Trials (where they are tested on large cohorts of humans) does not mean there will be a safe/effective vaccine.  

Hank

2 hours ago, Hlitner said:

Here is the basic question I have posed to some family and friends.  What do you think will change, regarding COVID-19, in the next 6 months, 1 year, 2 years, etc?   And I would further toss out a related thought.  What if there is no safe/effective vaccine for at least 3 years (this would actually be faster then any vaccine has been brought to market in history) and the virus does not go away?

I raise these basic issues having worked in the government healthcare industry for over 35 years.  Experience has taught me to discount promises, delivered by pharmaceutical companies, of soon to be available drugs and vaccines.  I would caution folks (Dr. Fauci has also expressed a similar caution) that just because a drug/vaccine is rushed into Phase 3 Trials (where they are tested on large cohorts of humans) does not mean there will be a safe/effective vaccine.  

Hank

Think optimism is almost as rampant as Covid-19 is now in our country regarding a vaccine and for a number of reasons....we can see what is happening with MLB today and with all the precautions in the world they may have to still cancel the season again.....

1 hour ago, PrincessLuver said:

Think optimism is almost as rampant as Covid-19 is now in our country regarding a vaccine and for a number of reasons....we can see what is happening with MLB today and with all the precautions in the world they may have to still cancel the season again.....

We were just discussing same thing here -- if a MLB team with basically unlimited resources can't keep players safe for 4 days, what hope is there for schools to fully open, or for people to even consider cruising.