The Bistro- Off topic and fun posts!

Host Dan

I have a sunset today rather than a sunrise and it isn't one I took.  I was on MS Ryndam on a New Years cruise in 2014 and we visited Key West on December 29.  As we left Cruise Critic member @Scrapnana took this shot of the sunset with my ship leaving the harbor:

kwscrapnana.jpg

Roy

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I have a sunrise today from my Sierra Madre Express Copper Canyon trip.  We  celebrated the millennium in an isolated scenic clifftop hotel away from electronics and all the trappings of modern life.  Not really much of a view of the sun but I loved the view looking down on the hotel roof.

img5005.JPG.5a4506f9e83611d59f5908df004f1ec2.JPG

Roy

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

My appetizer from last evening at Waterside.

Keith

IMG_4022(1).jpeg.32aa82305725799604abd4d0fa944daf.jpeg

Loving following along with your posts Keith.  Brian and I will be on Symphony for a month during February.   Just wondering if this carpaccio was a special order as I can't see it on the menu. Can definitely see mushroom soup which is my favourite from Prego but the carpaccio is one of Brian's favourites and can't have one without the other 🙂 .  Best wishes to you and Anne Marie for a happy and healthy new year. Cheers, Judith

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jwh said:

Loving following along with your posts Keith.  Brian and I will be on Symphony for a month during February.   Just wondering if this carpaccio was a special order as I can't see it on the menu. Can definitely see mushroom soup which is my favourite from Prego but the carpaccio is one of Brian's favourites and can't have one without the other 🙂 .  Best wishes to you and Anne Marie for a happy and healthy new year. Cheers, Judith

Definitely on the menu.  If you look at my posts from yesterday you will find the Waterside Menu where it is listed.  They should have it one time per cruise on the menu. On a different night they will have the mushroom soup.  

I believe the carpaccio could be special ordered so Brian could have it on the night the soup is on the menu. I would just speak with the Head Waiter early on about all of this.

Keith

This is taken one year ago today from the start of my walk up the ramps of the parking structure and then inside the mall.  It was a day warm enough for walking outdoors:

dawn0102.thumb.jpg.de66bfc2c7fadda969b84391918ba05c.jpg

Roy

• Like 3