The Bistro- Off topic and fun posts!

Host Dan

6 hours ago, Stickman1990 said:

Looks like I’ve fallen off the list - again...

I give up

This one came from no-reply.r@email.crystalcruises.com, similar but different address to the other marketing emails. 

6 hours ago, BWIVince said:

🙁

This is a question for both you and Tracie (and maybe Patty?) since I know you've both done extensive troubleshooting with Crystal...  Has Crystal checked their email vendor's blocked list (and not just their own) to make sure your addresses aren't unsubscribed by mistake at the vendor-level for some reason?  My company's marketing team had that problem with two of the services that we've used.  The participant either never unsubscribed or unsubscribed from an unrelated sender account in the system, but somehow their addresses migrated into some blocked list the system uses at a higher level for each blast.  That would cause you to be on the distribution list for a blast but then the email tool would quietly filter you out of each blast when it queued up.

Just a thought...

Vince

Vince,

Thanks for the excellent idea. I bet that is it. I've just sent it off to Ask Crystal. Hopefully they can get someone to (eventually) look into it. Besides Terry, Patty and me, Coral posted over on the River board that she had not gotten the email either.

6 hours ago, TER777 said:

This one came from no-reply.r@email.crystalcruises.com, similar but different address to the other marketing emails. 

Vince,

Thanks for the excellent idea. I bet that is it. I've just sent it off to Ask Crystal. Hopefully they can get someone to (eventually) look into it. Besides Terry, Patty and me, Coral posted over on the River board that she had not gotten the email either.

It’s worth a try...  Every email system works differently, but since we had that issue with more than one of them I just thought it might be another step to check at least.

Vince

Today's sunrise will be a sequence of 2 photos,  taken about 15 minutes apart.  It is from my 2017 5-ship plus Iguazu combination.  On March 11 the Crystal Serenity visited Ihla Grande, Brazil.  It started with some nice early morning color:

dawn0311.jpg

The sun actually emerged about 15 minutes later:

sunup0311.jpg

Roy

• Like 8

It is March 15 in Australia.  Today's sunrise is my last from the deck of a ship.  One year ago today Queen Mary 2 was docked in Fremantle, Australia.  A couple hours after I took this photo the other shoe dropped and I started packing feverishly:

dawn0315.jpg

Roy

• Like 4

Today's sunrise is from my first combination of cruises, Crystal Symphony Los Angeles  to Sydney and then a Queen Victoria World Cruise segment Bangkok to Dubai.  I haven't posted from this segment for some time since Symphony had a long run of bad weather but on March 15 she was starting to break free while getting somewhat closer to Sydney:

IMG_1648.thumb.JPG.9e5bf95a7fd5fade1cd03

Roy

• Like 5

Today's sunrise is from one of my close to home cruises, in this case a B2B on Grandeur of the Seas out of Baltimore.  On St. Patrick's Day in 2015 we visited Nassau:

dawn0317.jpg

Perhaps we will see similar from Serenity in the not too distant future.

Roy

• Like 5

Today's sunrise is from my 2014 Crystal Symphony/Serenity/Amsterdam combination Bali to Singapore to Cape Town to Ft. Lauderdale.  On March 21 Crystal Serenity was at sea from Mauritius to Durban:

dawn0321.jpg

Roy

• Like 2

On 3/18/2021 at 9:56 AM, ctjon said:

Waiting to see sun rise / sunset pictures from the July cruises.

While that is still some time off, and I won't be traveling until my medical issues are sorted out, I did catch this today on the Paradise Island(Nassau) webcam.

Capture.thumb.JPG.2903c37886c3423a809b853677e5ac32.JPG

For both the Nassau webcams sunset is hidden behind a tall hotel.

Roy

• Like 3

Ok, this isn't exactly off topic, but I don't want to clutter up the threads of everyone being serious about vaccinations and all.

Just to point out: in the US Krispy Kreme has announced they will give a free doughnut every day, for the rest of the year, to everyone who has been vaccinated.

Yakov Smirnov voice: "is this a great country, or what?" 

• Like 2