The Bistro- Off topic and fun posts!

Host Dan

On 4/16/2021 at 11:58 AM, BWIVince said:

OMG, I had a similar moment this week...  My mother and I used to debate about cottage cheese, which I've NEVER been a fan of, and she had with/for breakfast several days a week.  Wednesday I bought cottage cheese for the first time in my life.  I could literally feel my late mother smack me up side the head as I put it in the cart -- TWICE.

Vince

You must REALLY be bored.

I suppose I could tolerate it with canned peaches. Heavy on the peaches.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, May B said:

You must REALLY be bored.

I suppose I could tolerate it with canned peaches. Heavy on the peaches.

May, remember that @BWIVincehas already admitted to  occasionally using Knorr to make Hollandaise, in what I can only assume to be moments of desperation.  When on Crystal, his dining choices are much more adventurous than mine(which I envy), but at home...hmmm.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, KenzSailing said:

May, remember that @BWIVincehas already admitted to  occasionally using Knorr to make Hollandaise, in what I can only assume to be moments of desperation.  When on Crystal, his dining choices are much more adventurous than mine(which I envy), but at home...hmmm.

It gets worse.  Much worse. 

I learned what he had for dinner last night. And can say with full confidence it’ll never make it onto the menu at the Chez....

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, BEAV said:

It gets worse.  Much worse. 

I learned what he had for dinner last night. And can say with full confidence it’ll never make it onto the menu at the Chez....

Okay, you CANNOT make a statement like that and NOT back it up with facts!!! What was it?? Eye of Newt? Monkey brains?? Or, God Forbid, Kraft Dinner??😁😁😁

• Like 1

Oh gosh, I've just discovered that two of the Chez's best customers are both sailing on December 3.  What fun to join in the frivolity, but the Chez's holiday income is too great to close the doors.  Maybe anther time.

OLoPP is equally despondent.

Bon voyage!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, KenzSailing said:

Oh gosh, I've just discovered that two of the Chez's best customers are both sailing on December 3.  What fun to join in the frivolity, but the Chez's holiday income is too great to close the doors.  Maybe anther time.

But still, bon voyage!

10 minutes ago, Roland4 said:

Okay, you CANNOT make a statement like that and NOT back it up with facts!!! What was it?? Eye of Newt? Monkey brains?? Or, God Forbid, Kraft Dinner??😁😁😁

I will let the gentleman answer for himself in his own, due time.

But suffice it to say you’re nearing home base with the Kraft stuff.....

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, KenzSailing said:

Bon voyage!

Edited by nancygp

6 minutes ago, KenzSailing said:

I only wish there was a sad button option added to the “like” feature.

Was hoping you could drag your fancy air fryer along for the sail and dazzle dazzle the folks in the galley. 😢

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

OK, sorry, but time for another of my periodic cri de coeur's: the recent influx to the board of amateur epidemiologists/safe travel advisors is not helpful, tiresome, and dispiriting.

Relatedly, does CC have a limit on the number of posters on one's "ignore user" list? I don't know but, as they say in Texas, I'm fixin' to find out.

Also: long live the Oxford comma.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, KenzSailing said:

Bon voyage!

Awwwwwwww!   I wish you both could join us!  Hopefully another time soon, it will be fun to compare notes aboard ship in real time.

My home dining is all over the map.  For lunch today I had poke, but last night I had a frozen TV dinner.  Brian’s comment came from a Lean Cuisine I was going to have, but At the last minute I ended up saving that for lunch tomorrow and had a Rao’s Chicken Parm instead.

Those are generally my backup rations for when I’m too busy to go out or too tired to make anything, but that hadn’t been much of an issue for the past few months of “unpaid vacation”.  Yesterday I started a new job though, and the world of being trapped online all day without a lunch break came crashing back — and so did the nasty backup meals.  Haha. I’m not complaining though, this is how to pay for the good meals in December!

Vince

• Like 9

On 4/20/2021 at 8:52 PM, KenzSailing said:

Bon voyage!

I must confess I missed the post (if there was one) where you explained OLoPP. I’ll guess Our Lady if Perpetual ... ? Surely not POUTING?

It's a glorious day here in Maryland.  The sun is shining, the birds are singing and...

OLoPP got her second "Fauci Ouchie!"

It was interesting, both times we used a mass vax site run by the state (Six Flags).  It's very well run. Three weeks ago from first wait to shot was one hour 21 minutes.  Today is was 10 minutes.  All the articles I'm seeing about the supply/demand tipping point, well they're accurate, at least around here. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KenzSailing said:

It's a glorious day here in Maryland.  The sun is shining, the birds are singing and...

It was interesting, both times we used a mass vax site run by the state (Six Flags).  It's very well run. Three weeks ago from first wait to shot was one hour 21 minutes.  Today is was 10 minutes.  All the articles I'm seeing about the supply/demand tipping point, well they're accurate, at least around here. 

Congrats to OLoPP.

Remind her to stay well hydrated, and pop a couple of Tylenol. That did the trick for me on my second Fauci Ouchie last week. I was fortunate to sail through symptom free.

Some comfort food from the Chez will help, too. You’d better get busy.....

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, BEAV said:

Got that covered.  Making her favorite meal tonight.  The cookbook calls it "braised chicken thighs with white beans, pancetta, and rosemary."  We feature it on the menu as "Chicken and Beans." 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, BEAV said:

Congrats to OLoPP.

Remind her to stay well hydrated, and pop a couple of Tylenol. That did the trick for me on my second Fauci Ouchie last week. I was fortunate to sail through symptom free.

Thanks to OLoPP.  The more we get vaccinated the sooner we'll get out of this mess.

Roy

• Like 5

2 hours ago, KenzSailing said:

Im on the flip schedule of her, and got my first one today.  I got mine at my county’s mass vax site.  The wait was about 20 minutes up here, but we’re in one of the areas where there is still a waitlist for scheduling appointments.  

Next county over they can’t give it away (literally)...  They were doing J&J at their mass vax, they pulled all the vaccine, and they STILL have such little business that they are still accepting walk-ins for the limited amount of Pfizer they had for other uses.  😮

If we’re going to top out at 40% getting the shot in this state, we’re in for a world of hurt for years to come.

Vince

• Like 1