Who feels good about an oct start date?

seaman11

5 hours ago, K&RCurt said:

Carnival may say they are confident that my October cruise will sail.  BUT my final payment date is this coming Sunday.  They want me to pay them $2K+ for this cruise, that anyone who looks at the state of this virus can deduce will not sail.

I will donate the $100 deposit to Carnival's bottom line, rather than loan them the $2K+ for however long it would take them to refund it once they deign to admit the cruise isn't going to happen.

If I "don't stress" until they say something, my funds will be tied up unecessarily.

You can try calling Carnival to see if they will let you move your deposit to a cruise next year.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Cruiseboy06 said:

I'm booked on Panorama on Oct 24th, booked it last December. I have a feeling it'd be canceled.

I wouldn't worry about it. In fact, I'm thinking about booking the same cruise. Maybe I'll see you onboard?

Edited by xDisconnections

15 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

You can try calling Carnival to see if they will let you move your deposit to a cruise next year.

Thanks for the great idea!

It was no problem.  Actually got an itinerary we like better (HMC in place of Princess Cays.)

If this virus is still bad and there is no cruising in Oct. 2021, I think I may be in a mental institutioin, so it being cancelled then will be the least of my worries!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, watermelonqueen99 said:

We have no expectations that we will cruise any time in the foreseeable future. Maybe fall 2021 for us. I'm planning a bucket list trip to Salem to replace our October cruise.

I assume you mean Salem, MA.   If you have never been, you will love it.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/21/2020 at 9:28 AM, K&RCurt said:

I assume you mean Salem, MA.   If you have never been, you will love it.

Yep, Salem, MA. I have wanted to visit there since I was a little Wednesday. LOL Heard nothing but good things, thanks for reiterating. Open to any suggestions. 🙂

1 hour ago, evandbob said:

So today Carnival and the CLIA announced cruising will be further extended through October 31, 2020.

I don't think that will be the end of the cancellations though.  More will be revealed.

worth noting that the other line that Carnival owns. Princess, is shut down through mid December so wouldn’t be shocking if Carnival delayed longer

Sad to say, but I don't think we'll see cruising from US ports until mid 2022. There are too many variables.  So happy DH and I enjoyed many cruises, and so disappointed that people continue to do whatever they want during this pandemic.

Sadly, mandates don't mean a thing when they are not followed. Also, quarantining for a certain number of days after going from one state to another is a joke, unless it's enforced. Employers insist that an employee stay home from work for X number of days before returning to work after out of town travel, but that doesn't mean the employee doesn't slip out to buy groceries, etc.

So, I don't see cruising returning anytime soon. Our PVP contacted us recently to see if we wanted to book something for the future. We told her to call back in 2021, just in case things change.

I don't have a crystal ball but I will be pleasantly surprised if anyone is cruising before 2021 and it wouldn't surprise me at all if its not until spring of 2021. I pray I'm wrong.   A lot has to happen to get us all back out on the water. 

But while we Americans are simply inconvenienced by missing vacations, many crew members have livelihoods completely stripped away from them.  Hoping they can get back to work sooner rather than later.

7 hours ago, fair-winds39 said:

Sad to say, but I don't think we'll see cruising from US ports until mid 2022. There are too many variables.  So happy DH and I enjoyed many cruises, and so disappointed that people continue to do whatever they want during this pandemic.

Sadly, mandates don't mean a thing when they are not followed. Also, quarantining for a certain number of days after going from one state to another is a joke, unless it's enforced. Employers insist that an employee stay home from work for X number of days before returning to work after out of town travel, but that doesn't mean the employee doesn't slip out to buy groceries, etc.

So, I don't see cruising returning anytime soon. Our PVP contacted us recently to see if we wanted to book something for the future. We told her to call back in 2021, just in case things change.

I personally don't see how the cruise lines will survive if cruising doesn't start back up until mid 2022 and unless there isn't a vaccine I expect some sort of cruising will start back up by mid 2021.