Who feels good about an oct start date?

seaman11

1 minute ago, teknoge3k said:

For our trip to the Dominican next week we have 2 excursions booked. The companies we are going to be with each day I have been conversing with, have both said the exact same thing to me. They thanked me so much for using them and talked about how much they need the business right now. 

I have been cruising for over 30 years and have seen the impact of tourism on these islands.  It has been extremely beneficial to the development of many of these islands.  I can't imagine what they are going through right now.  It must be extremely difficult.  Hopefully over the next year things will get better.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, SeaScout said:

15 minutes ago, SeaScout said:

We have a cruise scheduled in Oct. We've determined that we will not be sailing on the ship even if it does sail. 

Our reasons:

We do not want to catch Covid because one person on the cruise lied on their form that asks about medical history.

We don't want to end up with a cruise to nowhere because the cruise ports have decided they won't be accepting cruise passengers.

We don't want to face the risk of having to be quarantined either on the ship or after we get home. 

We would have to fly to /from the departure port. We don't have a lot of confidence on that aspect at this time.

Carnival Cruise lines has not to our satisfaction assured us that the intended cruise will actually even happen before they want us to make final payment. 

We love cruises. Been on over 25. Just can't justify the risks at this time.  My lovely love of my life and I often answered when asked by our friends, "why do you guys take so many cruises"? with, "We cruise now because we can. We don't want to wait until we're too old to enjoy the experience".  Little did we ever think that it wouldn't be old age, illness, or lack of funds to cruise, that would curtail our favorite vacation option.  

We would love to back on the ocean visiting our favorite places on Earth. Can't justify it at this time. 

I hear you.  DH and I both did extensive "land trips" before we got married.  Now, cruising is our favorite and only way to travel (Synopsis...a few minutes to the port by cab and we're on vacation; no other arrangements to make).

So now we're healthy, retired, financially secure....and frustrated.

Edited by MsTabbyKats

Well the guy I'm with all broken up. His daughter's fiancee was feeeling sick and started coughing yesterday. Sure enough positive. Hes a doctor and around it all day, so she will be quarantined I'm sure too, has to get tested., he just found out. I told him nothing he can do, he wouldnt be able to be around her even if he went to her in calif. 

They put off wedding because of covid so they could wait and have a ceremony and invite people. 

Just read key west has it on the ballot to bar mega cruise ships

3 hours ago, SeaScout said:

We have a cruise scheduled in Oct. We've determined that we will not be sailing on the ship even if it does sail. 

Our reasons:

We do not want to catch Covid because one person on the cruise lied on their form that asks about medical history.

We don't want to end up with a cruise to nowhere because the cruise ports have decided they won't be accepting cruise passengers.

We don't want to face the risk of having to be quarantined either on the ship or after we get home. 

We would have to fly to /from the departure port. We don't have a lot of confidence on that aspect at this time.

Carnival Cruise lines has not to our satisfaction assured us that the intended cruise will actually even happen before they want us to make final payment. 

We love cruises. Been on over 25. Just can't justify the risks at this time.  My lovely love of my life and I often answered when asked by our friends, "why do you guys take so many cruises"? with, "We cruise now because we can. We don't want to wait until we're too old to enjoy the experience".  Little did we ever think that it wouldn't be old age, illness, or lack of funds to cruise, that would curtail our favorite vacation option.  

We would love to back on the ocean visiting our favorite places on Earth. Can't justify it at this time. 

Us too, we're cancelling our Nov cruise for these reasons. 

Also:

American schools are going back in session the first week of September(and some even sooner), so it seems the virus will be out of control by October.  If they do cruise then, they will have to stop by November. 

41 minutes ago, craftykitty said:

I just want to know if they keep adding up my OBC everytime my cruise gets cancelled?

Yes, it will transfer, but won't double, triple or whatever.  It will stay at either $300 or $600 depending on the length of your cancelled cruise.  I have transferred/rebooked twice due to cancellations, and the OBC transferred each time.

Edited by NuisanceLuke
Typo

4 hours ago, MsTabbyKats said:

So now we're healthy, retired, financially secure....and frustrated.

I know exactly how you feel.  Had the COVID not messed with our retirement travels, we would have already been to Vietnam, Australia, Maritime Provinces, many other spur of the moment short trips and still looking forward to a cruise around South America.  This wasn't our plan for retirement.  😒  At least we live in beautiful Western NC and can still enjoy the mountain roads. . .

1 hour ago, craftykitty said:

I just want to know if they keep adding up my OBC everytime my cruise gets 

no. Ive had 5 canceled with carnival. When I rebooked, I called Carnival and they applied the OBC that was offered to the new booking.  I could not carry over Covid-19 OBC. For OBC unrelated to Covid-19 cancelations, I have no idea. 

Edited: just saw the answer for unrelated OBC to Covid-19 booking.

Edited by jean87510

"Theme parks have been doing great" - Gov DeSantis

Walt Disney World is open.  Universal Orlando is open.  SeaWorld, Busch Gardens and Legoland are open.

The cruise line are more prepared for this than the theme parks.  They are ready to go...tomorrow.

But Florida...but spiking...rrreeee!!!  And?  Number of cases doesn't tell us anything useful.  Most important, cases directly attributable to cruising will be utterly inconsequential to the greater population.

4 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Well the guy I'm with all broken up. His daughter's fiancee was feeeling sick and started coughing yesterday. Sure enough positive. Hes a doctor and around it all day, so she will be quarantined I'm sure too, has to get tested., he just found out. I told him nothing he can do, he wouldnt be able to be around her even if he went to her in calif. 

They put off wedding because of covid so they could wait and have a ceremony and invite people. 

Just read key west has it on the ballot to bar mega cruise ships

Someone I talk to I consider a friend said to tell my bf to suck it up, people dont die from covid. His daughter is crying on the phone to him, his only daughter and he thinks the guy needs to suck it up and quit being so upset that his only daughter might have covid and now getting tested up quarantine. Kinda cold to say suck it up. Then say well hes not cruising ..hypocrite!!!

I posted the link on rcl where key west is voting in Nov about allowing cruise ships. Obviously they dont expected ships before the vote on the ballot in nov. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Someone I talk to I consider a friend said to tell my bf to suck it up, people dont die from covid. His daughter is crying on the phone to him, his only daughter and he thinks the guy needs to suck it up and quit being so upset that his only daughter might have covid and now getting tested up quarantine. Kinda cold to say suck it up. Then say well hes not cruising ..hypocrite!!!

I posted the link on rcl where key west is voting in Nov about allowing cruise ships. Obviously they dont expected ships before the vote on the ballot in nov. 

It sounds like your friend is extremely insensitive. I am sure this is very stressful for everyone involved. I hope your guy's daughter's fiancé will recover quickly and that if his daughter ends up having it too, that she also recovers quickly.  

Hopefully, they will be able to have their wedding later this year.  I know three couples who had weddings this summer.  Two of them ended up getting married on their original dates, but the majority of friends drove by in cars.  The other wedding was yesterday.  Not very many people could attend, so they live streamed it.  It's a difficult year for celebrations.

Edited by TNcruising02

4 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

It sounds like your friend is extremely insensitive. I am sure this is very stressful for everyone involved. I hope your guy's daughter's fiancé will recover quickly and that if his daughter ends up having it too, that she also recovers quickly.  

Hopefully, they will be able to have their wedding later this year.  I know three couples who had weddings this summer.  Two of them ended up getting married on their original dates, but the majority of friends drove by in cars.  The other wedding was yesterday.  Not very many people could attend, so they live streamed it.  It's a difficult year for celebrations.

They are already thinking next year for wedding after vaccine so they can invite guests.

I'm just hurt someone would say tell him to suck it up, like it's nothing to get covid. I told him no sense going there if she is quarantined you cant go to her. 

Does carnival stop in key west or just rcl?

Here is the link I posted about key west to rcl boards., idk if it affects ccl or not.

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/23213-key-west-could-ban-big-cruise-ships.html

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

They are already thinking next year for wedding after vaccine so they can invite guests.

I'm just hurt someone would say tell him to suck it up, like it's nothing to get covid. I told him no sense going there if she is quarantined you cant go to her. 

Does carnival stop in key west or just rcl?

Here is the link I posted about key west to rcl boards., idk if it affects ccl or not.

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/23213-key-west-could-ban-big-cruise-ships.html

I think what your friend said is very hurtful and shows an extreme lack of empathy.  When I am worried about my kids, I do not want someone to tell me to suck it up like their life means nothing.  Anyway, sorry someone said that to you about your friend's daughter and fiancé. 

Yes, Carnival does have cruises that stop in Key West.  My first Carnival cruise out of Galveston stopped there and I have been on another Carnival cruise since then that did too.  My first cruise was on the Magic.  It's large, but not what I would consider a mega ship.  If they have to skip Key West, I guess they will add a day in the Bahamas.

Edited by TNcruising02

I know this thread is about October, but we are scheduled Nov. 7 out of Miami. Final due date is one month. We just aren't sure.... As much as we want to cruise, the number being reported from Florida today are concerning. We are at the point of hoping CCL cancels us. We used FCC from our spring sailing and hope they will let us use it next year.

On 7/10/2020 at 10:46 PM, seaman11 said:

I dont know, with the cases exploding , i have my doubts, unless they just come to a decision covis is here and we have to carry on amd allow ships to sail.

At the rate the virus is going right now it is scheduled to peak in NC in September.  That was before we reopened so realistically the peak could be October November.  I don't think the Cruise lines are going to open back up when the virus is peaking.  It's hard to fathom that we are 2-3 months away from the peak with the past 3 days being 63, 67, and 69K new cases.

On 7/10/2020 at 11:23 PM, xDisconnections said:

I feel pretty confident about an October 2 re-launch date. I was informed by Carnival via social media that Covid-19 will be gone by October and they look forward to bringing the fun back to you in October as they will (emphasis) sail.

Carnival said Covid will be gone by October.  Wow that is some breaking news.  Wonder what sources they are getting there information from.

5 hours ago, jean87510 said:

no. Ive had 5 canceled with carnival. When I rebooked, I called Carnival and they applied the OBC that was offered to the new booking.  I could not carry over Covid-19 OBC. For OBC unrelated to Covid-19 cancelations, I have no idea. 

Edited: just saw the answer for unrelated OBC to Covid-19 booking.

Hi,

Just for a bit of clarification.  IF my December B2B (7 Days Total)  Inspiration Cruise  is cancelled due to COVID-19, I WILL receive the $600 OBC.

Which would be totally separate from the $600 OBC I have, that HAS transferred, from a cancelled March to September and now to an April 2021 Panorama Cruise. 

Two un-related cruises .... but both Cancelled due to the COVID-19. IF December is a no go.

Am I correct in my reasoning?

🛳🛳

Bobbi 

On 7/11/2020 at 2:03 PM, pizzaman1343 said:

Carnival could say they want to return to cruising on Oct 15 but until the Governors and Mayors agree then there will be no cruising.  There is no way the Mayor of New Orleans s letting people cruise out of here anytime soon.

Miami covid cases are getting😪 worse everyday, I'm sad for all the people

I know that works at the Port of Miami and are unemployed. 

41 minutes ago, skridge said:

Carnival said Covid will be gone by October.  Wow that is some breaking news.  Wonder what sources they are getting there information from.

I was skeptical too but they assured me. I’m excited to start cruising again on Oct 2. The cruise directors are quitting their jobs at Margaritaville Resort at that time to return and Carnival is very excited to plan their re-launch on Oct 2. Maybe they know something we don’t to make such confident statements? 

6 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

I was skeptical too but they assured me. I’m excited to start cruising again on Oct 2. The cruise directors are quitting their jobs at Margaritaville Resort at that time to return and Carnival is very excited to plan their re-launch on Oct 2. Maybe they know something we don’t to make such confident statements? 

There is no way Carnival or any major cruise line is sailing in October. For starters, numbers in our country keep getting worse every day with no end in sight. Second, and more importantly, even if the outlook was better I don’t see any chance of the CDC not extending the no sail order. I think CDs on Carnival do a great job, but they are hired for their entertainment skills, not their intelligence. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

There is no way Carnival or any major cruise line is sailing in October. For starters, numbers in our country keep getting worse every day with no end in sight. Second, and more importantly, even if the outlook was better I don’t see any chance of the CDC not extending the no sail order. I think CDs on Carnival do a great job, but they are hired for their entertainment skills, not their intelligence. 

Wonder if you would have thought Disney would open this week a month ago.....

Edited by jimbo5544
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Wonder if you would have thought Disney would open this week a month ago.....

Disney opening doesn’t surprise me for two reasons. One, Disney executives wanted Disney opened, especially considering Universal opened last month. Two, DeSantis is pushing for our state to open as much as possible. Now if DeSantis had the authority to open ports completely on his own, my opinion would be very different. 

• Like 3