Ryndam status?

This afternoon when I was searching replacement cruises in case mine gets cancelled, I looked at northern Europe and it was all Rotterdam.  Tonight, however, it has reverted back to Ryndam.   So, who knows what is happening.

When I go under My Bookings ( we're booked for a 14 Day in June on the Ryndam ) the little picture that used to show the Ryndam as the ship still shows the ship but now has Rotterdam as the name.  Hmmm.

Edited by mattduke1
wasn't finished typing
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, mattduke1 said:

When I go under My Bookings ( we're booked for a 14 Day in June on the Ryndam ) the little picture that used to show the Ryndam as the ship still shows the ship but now has Rotterdam as the name.  Hmmm.

I just checked it and same for us for the TA.   

I just checked both the HAL consumer and travel agent websites and everything shows Ryndam uniformly and no trace of the Rotterdam anywhere. Perhaps its a function of server maintenance and/or some users not clearing their cache/cookies recently that it is displaying for some but not others. 

I think that when HAL announce their next ship new build that is when we will see the name Rotterdam reappear, but the currently under construction Ryndam will retain the name Ryndam. 

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72

1 hour ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

I just checked both the HAL consumer and travel agent websites and everything shows Ryndam uniformly and no trace of the Rotterdam anywhere. Perhaps its a function of server maintenance and/or some users not clearing their cache/cookies recently that it is displaying for some but not others. 

I think that when HAL announce their next ship new build that is when we will see the name Rotterdam reappear, but the currently under construction Ryndam will retain the name Ryndam. 

Ditto..

Update this morning from Europe website is that the reference to Rotterdam in the drop down 'Ship' menu has disappeared again and only Ryndam is listed.

I don't believe that the 'problem' related to cache/cookies as I cleared them last Saturday.  At that stage Rotterdam/Amsterdam etc had been removed from the website (having previously been greyed out).

5 minutes ago, ShipsAreTheBest said:

They just announced- Ryndam will be named Rotterdam instead - and be the flagship.  See here:

https://www.hollandamerica.com/blog/ships/ms-rotterdam/holland-america-line-changes-name-of-newbuild-to-iconic-rotterdam/

Thanks for sharing the link.  I just got off the phone with my PCC and she confirmed the new name.

12 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Thanks for sharing the link.  I just got off the phone with my PCC and she confirmed the new name.

Wow, here comes the new flagship, in that case I have to book it..

54 minutes ago, ShipsAreTheBest said:

They just announced- Ryndam will be named Rotterdam instead - and be the flagship.  See here:

https://www.hollandamerica.com/blog/ships/ms-rotterdam/holland-america-line-changes-name-of-newbuild-to-iconic-rotterdam/

Well I got this one wrong saying that I didn't think they were going to change Ryndam to Rotterdam .....

Regardless of the name on the hull she will be on DAMfine ship I am sure!

28 minutes ago, puppycanducruise said:

Delivery date is not July 30, 2021.  Wonder what will happen to everyone booked on the Ryndam from May 15 to July 30?

HAL's blog says that you will be rescheduled to another cruise later in the summer. 

7 minutes ago, puppycanducruise said:

Okay, just got the e-mail from HAL.

Our May Ryndam cruise is now August on the Rotterdam.  Similar itinerary, and $100 OBC.

Sorry for a bit off topic. Puppy CANDU Cruise. Must be a high energy pup? 😉😂

2 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

I don't think I would do the Med in August - if it is delayed again, to September, say, I would like to go on the premier voyage!

August is definitely too hot and too busy in any area of the Med.  We might look at September in the Baltics.  

7 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

August is definitely too hot and too busy in any area of the Med.  We might look at September in the Baltics.  

I totally agree with that statement!  WHEW! 

I always prefer Northern Europe anyway due to the cooler temps.  

My June 1st Jewels of the Baltic on Rotterdam (Ryndam)was rescheduled for May, which is actually too early, I would have preferred it get pushed back a bit.  When the dust settles I hope to rebook for the Sept/Oct Jewels of the Baltic.  Hopefully that's not too late in the season for a Baltic's cruise.  HAL has the latest sailings, with most lines pulling the gangway in August.  Either way, it's nice to have some clarity on what was bound to happen in the new build being delayed.

Edited by akke29