I Know we want to cruise but think how bad some of the Ports want to see us .

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

But they don't mind being the epicenter of the crew repatriations.

Off topic: Your location changed to EST + 8.5??  It's 11:07 am (EST) as I write this. According to World Clock, it's 7:37 pm in Kabul and Tehran.

On topic: How are the ports in those cities? Any Little Switzerland or Diamond International shops?

On 7/16/2020 at 12:20 AM, Missusdubbya said:

I am trying not to be offensive, but I don’t think Florida’s plan ‘to get through this’ is going very well. 

Surely you must be aware, the rest of the world sees that most of the US (including Florida) doesn’t seem to have a plan and is in a terrible predicament brought about by mismanagement of the virus response. 

Also, it is my opinion that the ships will not be sailing soon, most especially from Florida.

Again, I am not trying to be offensive, and I am very saddened to see the devastation in the US.

It's true what you are saying. All countries that don't have a plan in place, which includes health protocols after getting out of lockdown are going tosuffer from the virus the longest. If things are not drastically changing in the USA about it, things don't look good unfortunately. Even for cruising to be able to begin at some point during the first half of 2021 in the USA a lot will need to be changed from the current measures / strategies implemented.

I am not saying that here in Europe everything goes well, but most countries have some clear concepts in place that enables the economy to reopen and to react on outbreaks. If the measures are good enough will likely be seen in some months for now, but at least things are currently under control in most countries in the Shengen Area.

• Like 1

On 7/15/2020 at 4:37 PM, cured said:

The CDC has said that if everyone wore masks for 6 weeks, we would have this pandemic tamed.

Yep, I read this too.  Maybe if they had said this back in February things would be different now.  I distinctly remember the exact opposite being said about masks in the early days.  Hard for people to know what to believe/do.

• Like 1

until the folks in this country follow the plan that new zealand implemented, it's gonna be tough. We are not a disciplined country. I saw thousands of our precious young people down here in florida not bothering to wear masks, or follow social distancing because they dont want to be told what to do ....They are the chosen lot and know everything.....hope they stay healty and dont pass the illness to mom, dad, or grandparents....selfies in icu are not cool at all....wise up, grow up and be adults instead of pampered idiots....boy that felt good to say all this.

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, retired dude said:

until the folks in this country follow the plan that new zealand implemented, it's gonna be tough. We are not a disciplined country. I saw thousands of our precious young people down here in florida not bothering to wear masks, or follow social distancing because they dont want to be told what to do ....They are the chosen lot and know everything.....hope they stay healty and dont pass the illness to mom, dad, or grandparents....selfies in icu are not cool at all....wise up, grow up and be adults instead of pampered idiots....boy that felt good to say all this.

The "Me...me...me and the heck with you...you..you" generation.  

• Like 3