March Refunds Only - is there a "big black hole"

cellfree

19 hours ago, drsel said:

I am still willing to give them a second chance, based on former fabulous experiences on all my past MSc Cruises

MSc has just paid in full and taking delivery of their brand new ship Virtuosa.

One of  the world's largest shipping companies with over 250 ships and the Cruise business is only a small part of their overall business

Edited by drsel
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, drsel said:

MSc has just paid in full and taking delivery of their brand new ship Virtuosa.

One of  the world's largest shipping companies with over 250 ships and the Cruise business is only a small part of their overall business

Then they have even less excuse for delaying refunds.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mamaneedsavacay said:

I'm seeing on social media that March 2020 cruisers have been getting refunds this week. Maybe it's a "batch" getting sent out. Good luck everyone, maybe we'll be in it...

Hopefully you are right.  I'll believe it when I see the credit on Visa account.

• Like 1

On 2/3/2021 at 2:05 AM, drsel said:

Thank you for posting article, did not see it, gives me hope.

• Haha 1

Lest anyone, reading this thread, think that no one has had a good experience with MSC, let me state that our CC refund came in the summer, as well as our TA's notification of our FCC.  No phone calls, no disputes.

I suspect that those of us who are satisfied with the process are just not bothering to contribute to the topic.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, drsel said:

Has anyone filed a dispute on their credit card?

if so, what is the outcome?

Yes, I have...

It was for the Nov 8, 2020 cruise on the Seaside from Port Canaveral.

It was canceled on Oct 8.

I called, as requested in the MSC email and requested a refund on Nov 20.

I called again on Nov 23 to double check and was advised that the port charges and taxes were refunded, (they were) and it would be one/two billing cycles for the rest to be issued.

A call on Dec 23 and was made and was still advised it would be one/two billing cycles .

I called my credit card company on Jan 25, (Bank of America) and explained the situation and filed a dispute.

On Feb 3, I was issued a credit.

Ironically, the Bank of America card was a Royal Caribbean rewards card.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Our cruise was for November 2020 we got our taxes refunded in November and we just got the rest of our refund last week! We do not plan on booking any cruises until cruising has officially been underway for a few months. Had three cruises cancel on us and I do not want to get excited about cruising until I know it is really going to happen. I will be back hopefully in the not too distant future.

• Like 2

On 2/6/2021 at 9:28 AM, drsel said:

Has anyone filed a dispute on their credit card?

if so, what is the outcome?

I did for my back to back cruises in May that were cancelled in March.

Credit card gave full refund, details were outlined earlier in this thread.

• Like 1

On 2/6/2021 at 9:51 AM, shipgeeks said:

Lest anyone, reading this thread, think that no one has had a good experience with MSC, let me state that our CC refund came in the summer, as well as our TA's notification of our FCC.  No phone calls, no disputes.

I suspect that those of us who are satisfied with the process are just not bothering to contribute to the topic.

I would suggest that you are the minority in being happy with MSC's refund process. There are thousands who have not received refunds and/or FCC for cruises that were to sail 6+ months ago.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, notme2012 said:

I would suggest that you are the minority in being happy with MSC's refund process. There are thousands who have not received refunds and/or FCC for cruises that were to sail 6+ months ago.

Hard to say but I'd agree.  Why, I don't FB, but on this thread someone talked about Florida BBB.  I checked it out last fall and many many identical stories about escalated refunds not being delivered.

I'd also think many MSC  cruisers don't use this site. Even with reports of MSC up in ranks of largest operator over next couple of years, traffic here not moving much.

• Like 1

Update - Feb 11th. I called MSC after they issued me a FCC instead of a refund. Spoke to TA who spoke with MSC. Was told refund will take 30 to 90 days. Good news.... So almost to the 1 year mark 1 of 2 cabins have been refunded. I was shocked. Refunded parents cabin in full.

Now here's the kicker, because this is MSC and there is always something. I spoke with my TA today to let them know the refund was posted on my credit card. I then asked about my cabin refund. So she called MSC to once again ask for it to be expedited (that's a joke by the way) and to see if it has been cleared and approved for a refund (they did say when I called regarding the unwanted FCC last month that once one cabin has already been approved for a refund the 2nd cabin should follow shortly after. So today, almost 11 months I was told my cabin was never canceled. Yes. I was shocked. I even have an email dating March 20th from MSC saying my refund request has been received and payment will follow in 30 days. When I asked if they would like me to email a copy of that message, they declined. They said it shows I never requested a cancelation for a refund. So after 11 months and 27 calls to MSC, they finally put my cabin on the list for a refund. So I should receive the refund within 90 days but was told it might take much longer since I just "filed the request today." This is inexcusable.  

• Haha 1

On 2/6/2021 at 4:59 AM, dexddd said:

Refunds or FCC?  Versuco, did you actually apply for a refund and still waiting for refund?  We applied for the FCC which is from March cancel.

I requested a refund 3/18 and on 1/24 received a FCC for 1 of the cabins. My original sailing was 3/13. Maybe this will give you a time-line? 

On 1/31/2021 at 10:07 AM, drsel said:

hi Orange,

you are really lucky to get full refunds for the drinks, Wi-Fi, show and dinner packages.

This is great news and shows that MSC has the funds to pay back.

please guide me how to get the 125% FCCs for 4 cancelled MSc Cruises.

I would really like to have them for 4 cancelled MSC Cruises, since there is almost zero chance of getting 4 refunds.

Seriously stay on top of them. I call them a minimum of once a month. Often every 2 weeks. Its not as busy as it was before so it takes 20 minutes of my day.  Each time my TA gets the same story but it let's them know I'm waiting. 

51 minutes ago, Orange Blossom said:

Seriously stay on top of them. I call them a minimum of once a month. Often every 2 weeks. Its not as busy as it was before so it takes 20 minutes of my day.  Each time my TA gets the same story but it let's them know I'm waiting. 

Thanks, so how much do they owe you now, after the refunds for the drinks Wi-Fi and dinner packages

Edited by drsel

On 2/6/2021 at 7:59 AM, dexddd said:

Refunds or FCC?  Versuco, did you actually apply for a refund and still waiting for refund?  We applied for the FCC which is from March cancel.

We originally filed for the FCC from a March cancelation.   After numerous calls, we finally got our FCC several months later but it was for the incorrect amount.   It was 150.00 short, almost 110% instead of 125%.  We called and they told us they could see the FCC was for the wrong amount and would refund the difference with our taxes and fees.  Long story short, after many calls and broken promises we decided to dispute the charges and get all our money back.  We did this on August 3.  A few days after filing the dispute, the taxes and fees were refunded but not the extra 150.00 we were shorted.  The FCC was also never corrected.  We are still in the process of trying to get our money back from the dispute.  Our credit card company is still working on it and keeps me posted on what is going on.  Worst case, we will wait them out and get our money returned per their policies after 12/31/2021.    We have no intention on sailing on one of their ships before 12/31 or ever again.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, versuco said:

We originally filed for the FCC from a March cancelation.   After numerous calls, we finally got our FCC several months later but it was for the incorrect amount.   It was 150.00 short, almost 110% instead of 125%.  We called and they told us they could see the FCC was for the wrong amount and would refund the difference with our taxes and fees.  Long story short, after many calls and broken promises we decided to dispute the charges and get all our money back.  We did this on August 3.  A few days after filing the dispute, the taxes and fees were refunded but not the extra 150.00 we were shorted.  The FCC was also never corrected.  We are still in the process of trying to get our money back from the dispute.  Our credit card company is still working on it and keeps me posted on what is going on.  Worst case, we will wait them out and get our money returned per their policies after 12/31/2021.    We have no intention on sailing on one of their ships before 12/31 or ever again.  

From the date of filing your credit card dispute on 3 August 2020, six and a half months have passed.

But you have still not received a credit/chargeback of the disputed amount.

Has anyone won a credit card dispute against MSC till now?

54 minutes ago, drsel said:

From the date of filing your credit card dispute on 3 August 2020, six and a half months have passed.

But you have still not received a credit/chargeback of the disputed amount.

MSC has denied the dispute several times.  My CC keeps filing trying to explain to them how they breached the contract by not giving us what they said they would give us.  Not sure if anyone else has had any luck with winning a CC dispute.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, drsel said:

US booking and banking.  I had several bookings that I cancelled throughout March and April, 2020 and they all went into the black hole so by May I ended up disputing through my bank who is the issuer of my Visa card.  I was given a temporary credit within a few days and after providing the booking confirmations showing the refund policy and dates it took Visa/bank about two months to decide in my favor and make the credits permanent.  MSC did respond to Visa.

4 minutes ago, versuco said:

MSC has denied the dispute several times.

Your situation is complex and I take it that in the end you have a FCC but it's $150 less than what it should be.  It sounds like you have a card issuer that you are actually working through.  Your trouble is likely because you first elected a FCC.  In the end MSC can only argue their case and it's the credit card company who decides and reports that decision back to the card issuer.  The success of the credit card dispute process seems to vary tremendously based on the card issuer.  I was lucky to have used a card issued by a small local bank who was willing to do a good bit of work to get Visa to settle my cases.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1