Remembering Fun Times on Royal Ships

So much family fun in iFly on Anthem and then there are the bumper cars.  After our first Anthem curise, at the airport, people were coming up to my granddaughter and asking if she was pink #1 in the bumper car.  What fun  watching people comment on how much fun she was having and how they were some of the poor people who were hit by her.  Each cruise has memories, here's hoping more memories will be had when cruising resumes.

• Like 1

I loved the horse races! Highlight of my 1st couple of RCCL cruises.  I was so sad when I returned from a cruising hiatus to find out they no longer offered the horse races.  I had talked it up big and we were going to get a horse, decorate it, etc. Boy was that a let down. 

Voyager OTS was my first cruise and I've been sailing every since and I have managed to get my BFF, hubbie and sister addicted. But I did warn them it was addicting before I took them on their 1st cruise.

I love pizza - any kind of pizza and I'm not picky. I'll never forget finding the pizza place on Voyager. OMG! I was in hog heaven. I just sat there and would eat a couple of slices and then go back for more, REPEAT. My first midnight buffet - I thought it was the coolest thing ever. Remember when everyone was able to walk through and view the whole buffet display?  Then the 2nd time around you were able to select the treats and eat them. 

Does anyone remember the first time you dressed up to go to your 1st formal night? I was sailing solo so I had all day to take my time and get ready. This was back when everyone dressed up for formal night. I had brought a bridesmaid dress to wear. I was so excited. At that time in my life, everyone was getting married so I had a plethora of bridesmaid dresses. 😀  I arrived in the MDR and I felt like a million bucks. Everyone looked spectacular. The service was kicked up a notch and we enjoyed an incredible lobster tail meal. I'll never forget it. 

I too have a cabinet full of Labodoozie and fountain drink cups. But I just can't seem to part with them. And I don't know why because they're just sitting under the cabinet. As we accumulate more, we just toss them in that bottom cabinet. SMH!! Now I'm glad I kept them so I can use them when I'm feeling down and blue because God only knows when we'll be able to cruise again. 

OP thanks for starting this thread. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Thanks for posting this thread!  Soooo nice to see something upbeat and positive for a change.  

I miss our balcony for happy hour!  

20200118_162240.jpg

Sauvignon Blanc and Cab (Cabernet Sauvignon)? 🍷 We need a white wine emoji.

Edited by davekathy

We have loads of great memories, won many trinkets playing trivia , a backpack filled with prizes after picking the murderer in the murder mystery , only thing we use now is pool towel we bought with rccl logo for make a wish. Our first cruise on rccl was the fantastic Sovereign of the seas in late 1980’s , also got engaged on Sovereign.

Edited by George C

Let's keep the good memories going....

By far, the best meal we've had on any ship in the nearly 30 years we've been sailing was the Chef's Table on Oasis in 2012.  We still talk about it.  What a wonderful evening!

Chef's Table (2)_original.jpg

Chef's Table (3)_original.jpg

Chef's Table (4)_original.jpg

Chef's Table (10)_original.jpg

Chef's Table (12)_original.jpg

5 hours ago, island lady said:

Thanks for posting this thread!  Soooo nice to see something upbeat and positive for a change.  

I miss our balcony for happy hour!  

20200118_162240.jpg

Did it come with that gentleman? LOL! 😁

Great balcony! Looks like San Juan?

• Like 1

I remember those “loving cup” drinks offered in the MDR.  You could keep the cup.  I had quite a collection of them at one time. It was a great way end to a meal with new friends made at dinner. One cruise I remember each couple took turns buying a round of them for our table.

i wish I had the recipe for those.

Edited by cruiselvr04

15 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Did it come with that gentleman? LOL! 😁

Great balcony! Looks like San Juan?

Yes it did.  He is the bartender.  😄  🍷

And very good eye!  We were enjoying our turnaround day in San Juan...Vision favorite aft wrap balcony.  Perfect place for a glass of wine and watch the boats and planes come in.  

• Haha 1