If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???

If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It So You Can Cruise Again?

• YES
    • NO

14 minutes ago, UnorigionalName said:

Theres a big difference between this and skipping the second dose of pfizer vaccine.

They are thinking of staying with the 2 vaccine schedule, but decreasing both by 50%.  The current pfizer vaccine is 30 micrograms, and the current Moderna vaccine is 100 micrograms.  There is some data suggesting that 100 micrograms is overkill and may contribute to the higher side effect profile, and there is some evidence from their phase 2 data that 50 micrograms may be enough.  Moderna gambled when they started their phase 3 before phase 2 data was finalized, and went with a conservative 100 mcg dosing, to probably ensure good efficacy, but now are hampered by the fact that it takes longer to manufacture more drug.

Moderna has given their dosages based on their trials. Any change of their recommendations could very well effect the outcome of it’s effectiveness.  If that happens the 90%+ effective rate might drop to who knows what percentage.🤷‍♂️

IMO the FDA appears to me to be the one hampered, because they didn’t purchase enough of the Moderna vaccine in advance. They are the ones wanting to change the levels without any testing that I am aware of. I highly doubt they are going to waste doses on a study and I doubt Moderna would do the same. A news graphic I saw only a handful of states anywhere near giving out their proper level of doses to have the second dose remaining. 

This isn’t as simple as putting low octane in a car that is only required to run on  high octane gas as noted by the manufacturer. Unfortunately it looks like the FDA is hoping to run mid grade and wants to seek permission to do it. If it fails what good will that do?  There is no warranty.  It could work, but is the time to take that chance. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

So 50 mcg MAY be enough or MAY NOT be enough but 100 mcg seems to be pretty effective. If production was faster would it even be questioned right now? It is all just make people wonder if any of these "experts" has a clue what they are doing. This hardly seems like the time to feed the skepticism.

If doesn’t work at a lower dose level will anyone ever take another vaccine. This is not the time to mess around in any form or fashion. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

If doesn’t work at a lower dose level will anyone ever take another vaccine. This is not the time to mess around in any form or fashion. 

Exactly, with so much still to learn the last thing that can be afforded is bad outcomes because of deviation from the trials. How do you possibly justify that? If I deviate from the prescribed use of a medication and end up harming a patient by that willful act I would have plenty of answering to do. I guess government agencies are simply absolved of liability.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

So 50 mcg MAY be enough or MAY NOT be enough but 100 mcg seems to be pretty effective and got them to around 95%. If production was faster would it even be questioned right now? It is all just going make people wonder if any of these "experts" has a clue what they are doing. This hardly seems like the time to feed the skepticism. Just change the dosing strength and interval to fit whatever the political need may be. Forget the trials and just experiment on the world population according to how much vaccine is available at any particular point in time.

Yes, take the sarcasm for all it is meant to be.😏

Yeah, the science people are willing to ditch the science almost immediately.  That is why when I watch TV and someone says you have to follow the science. I flip the bird at the TV set. Which makes my DW think I am nuts.

The people who say that have no clue about science or much of anything.  They say it because it is what they have been taught to regurgitate.

We truly are at a super dumb level of the population.  Too much spoon feeding and devices to answer all of our questions.

praying for a better future 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, Formula280SS said:

Other than recent USA headlines regarding the potential use of half doses for those aged 18-55, is this something that is being considered elsewhere?  The articles indicate that it is purported that half doses for this age group produces the same protection or efficacy (terms vary per articles).  It would be useful if the developers would submit such demonstrable support data to the FDA, IMO.

That’s just nuts. They need to do it the way it was tested. We have been this long without a vaccine so what’s a few more months to get enough to vaccinate people correctly? If they are that concerned then they should put us in a lockdown like the UK if the idiots can’t do it themselves. It’s obvious that many people aren’t doing that by just reading about the vacations on here that people are taking. So selfish. 

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 3

I heard on the news this morning that the FDA is now backing down, for the time being, from the dosing deviations that is was considering. Maybe some real doctors managed to apply enough pressure to get them to see the light.... or.... Maybe whatever chemicals they were ingesting on News Years eve have finally worn off and their senses returned.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

That’s just nuts. They need to do it the way it was tested. We have been this long without a vaccine so what’s a few more months to get enough to vaccinate people correctly? If they are that concerned then they should put us in a lockdown like the UK if the idiots can’t do it themselves. It’s obvious that many people aren’t doing that by just reading about the vacations on here that people are taking. So selfish. 

What I don't understand is how people can even enjoy those vacations with their associated risks. I was supposed to be on Oasis in a little over two weeks from now. Even if that ship was going to sail I could not imagine leaving the comfort of my home to go and spend a week stressed out over the risks. And I am far from an alarmist when it comes to infectious diseases.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Agree with the first part that I underlined.  Totally. 

IMO, the vaccination issue is a problem from two perspectives; both based in our states' rights powers being authoritative at each state (and territory) level under CDC, NAID and FDA guidance.  In providing the vaccination roadmap in August, too many states poo-poo'ed the entire idea of vaccine and its availability in 2020 for, lets just say, not a really good reason.  Now the Piper is here, and "he/she/it" is calling payment.

So, first, since the specifics of the virus became "learned" by the appropriate medical and research communities, it became clear (crystal) who was specifically "at risk of death" from infection from the virus.  Unfortunately, protecting "that specific population and subgroup" wasn't as newsworthy, got a lot of clicks, or supported another pretense purpose in the Fall of 2020.  So, the virus, like everything else, became weaponized in a supplemental manner.  As a result, financial, medical and economic resources were misapplied to a entire broad swath of the population, and those "at risk of death" continued to get infected and die.

Then, second, with the availability of the vaccine, but in limited initial supply, the "line jumping" has begun starting right at the top.  I thank the first responders with 100% appreciation day in and day out; but if not front line with virus patients in medical settings, rather in law enforcement, fire protection, mass transportation, etc., without the "known at risk of death" conditions, it is a continued misapplication of what the "real science" has data provided.  The nursing homes are paramount, then the elderly (oldest at most risk, clearly by age tiers) and those with serious underlying conditions.  These subgroups are clearly being line jumped for the same egregious reasons as in the first instance above.  For example, prisoner that high high infection rates but low death rates (1,600 deaths on federal and state 2.3 million incarceration population), in some states, are moved to the front of the line.  Make sense?  No.  Not to use such disparagingly, consider School Nurses, in our summer (and now virus) residence, are considered first responders?  NONE have died, many are at schools without students?  Without the underlying "risk of death" conditions, equally appropriate to identify as misapplication of the vaccine resource.  BOTH mean others continue to die because of what best can be described as buffoonery.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Formula280SS said:

Agree with the first part that I underlined.  Totally. 

IMO, the vaccination issue is a problem from two perspectives; both based in our states' rights powers being authoritative at each state (and territory) level under CDC, NAID and FDA guidance.  In providing the vaccination roadmap in August, too many states poo-poo'ed the entire idea of vaccine and its availability in 2020 for, lets just say, not a really good reason.  Now the Piper is here, and "he/she/it" is calling payment.

So, first, since the specifics of the virus became "learned" by the appropriate medical and research communities, it became clear (crystal) who was specifically "at risk of death" from infection from the virus.  Unfortunately, protecting "that specific population and subgroup" wasn't as newsworthy, got a lot of clicks, or supported another pretense purpose in the Fall of 2020.  So, the virus, like everything else, became weaponized in a supplemental manner.  As a result, financial, medical and economic resources were misapplied to a entire broad swath of the population, and those "at risk of death" continued to get infected and die.

Then, second, with the availability of the vaccine, but in limited initial supply, the "line jumping" has begun starting right at the top.  I thank the first responders with 100% appreciation day in and day out; but if not front line with virus patients in medical settings, rather in law enforcement, fire protection, mass transportation, etc., without the "known at risk of death" conditions, it is a continued misapplication of what the "real science" has data provided.  The nursing homes are paramount, then the elderly (oldest at most risk, clearly by age tiers) and those with serious underlying conditions.  These subgroups are clearly being line jumped for the same egregious reasons as in the first instance above.  For example, prisoner that high high infection rates but low death rates (1,600 deaths on federal and state 2.3 million incarceration population), in some states, are moved to the front of the line.  Make sense?  No.  Not to use such disparagingly, consider School Nurses, in our summer (and now virus) residence, are considered first responders?  NONE have died, many are at schools without students?  Without the underlying "risk of death" conditions, equally appropriate to identify as misapplication of the vaccine resource.  BOTH mean others continue to die because of what best can be described as buffoonery.

Well said. Here in my county (Riverside) CA we're still waiting to hear when nursing homes and then over 75 will be able to get the vaccine yet in FL they were vaccinating over 65 last week and nursing homes hadn't all had it. Chart below is as of 12/3/20. I'm in Tier1a and DH is Tier 1b. 

County Vaccine schedule.JPG

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

14 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Well said. Here in my county (Riverside) CA we're still waiting to hear when nursing homes and then over 75 will be able to get the vaccine yet in FL they were vaccinating over 65 last week and nursing homes hadn't all had it. Chart below is as of 12/3/20. I'm in Tier1a and DH is Tier 1b. 

County Vaccine schedule.JPG

WOW!!!

That's awful.

What a mess.  Such aligns not with the science of those "at risk of death."

So sorry.  I realize now that my oldest son's in-laws in Hermosa area are going to waiting a really long time and they are old and have numerous, at risk underlying conditions.  Yikes, what a mess.

IMO, looking at the CDC, Johns Hopkins and WHO world data, these are those "at risk of death."

risk.thumb.JPG.43cd89e40502c11c5f87c6be05cbd875.JPG

On 1/5/2021 at 6:39 AM, Ocean Boy said:

I heard on the news this morning that the FDA is now backing down, for the time being, from the dosing deviations that is was considering. Maybe some real doctors managed to apply enough pressure to get them to see the light.... or.... Maybe whatever chemicals they were ingesting on News Years eve have finally worn off and their senses returned.

So glad to hear this!!

• Like 2

FDA has authorized an at home COVID19 test kit. $110 for 1, $1000 for 10 pack. Includes express shipping to a lab. 

DxTerity COVID-19 Saliva at-Home Collection Kit with Prepaid Express Return Shipping and Laboratory PCR Testing https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08Q1TMY7X/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glc_fabc_MJC9FbPVNRTSK

Edited by Milwaukee Eight

16 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

FDA has authorized an at home COVID19 test kit. $110 for 1, $1000 for 10 pack. Includes express shipping to a lab. 

DxTerity COVID-19 Saliva at-Home Collection Kit with Prepaid Express Return Shipping and Laboratory PCR Testing https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08Q1TMY7X/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glc_fabc_MJC9FbPVNRTSK

As slow as the post office is these days your 14 days could be up well before you get the results.  The one time I was exposed it was 7 days before I was notified so then I just had to hang out at home for another 7 days.  It would have taken that long to get the test results.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Here in the UK we have test centres in a lot of places, you can go to a drive through or a walk in centre (they are booked on line and you get a QR code for when you attend the centre).

There are two types of centres,

1. If you have symptoms

2. Without symptoms and they are both free!

You can also get a test mailed to you (my parent have done this).

You get your results emailed/text to you between 1 hour and 2 days depending on what one you go to. I went Saturday morning at 0900hrs and had a negative result text to me by 0700hrs the next morning. 

Now to answer the original question " would I get a vaccination" oh yes in a heartbeat, and am sure that in the future you will need to have had the vaccination before you will be able to travel to any country either by plane or on a cruise. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

One problem with testing and particularly self-testing.  If you are exposed today, and you get tested tomorrow you will mostly likely test as negative until about day 5.  

So, much for the science of testing.  

Also with the PCR tests used, you could be exposed today and still test positive 3 months from now

1 hour ago, xpcdoojk said:

One problem with testing and particularly self-testing.  If you are exposed today, and you get tested tomorrow you will mostly likely test as negative until about day 5.  

So, much for the science of testing.  

The science is fine. It is the ridiculous rules being dreamed up that have nothing to do with science that are the problem.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Have you thought of this....

I believe, in my opinion, RCG is hopeful and depending on the vaccine to begin cruising. The new administration is toying with delaying the 2nd dose outside of protocols.  We are hearing a 100 Million vaccines in 100 days. Only way to do this is hold off on the second dose. You think sailing will resume is only 52% ability to fight off the virus?  Two doses in tested timeframe are the protocol for 95%. 

Something to ponder. 

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Have you thought of this....

I believe, in my opinion, RCG is hopeful and depending on the vaccine to begin cruising. The new administration is toying with delaying the 2nd dose outside of protocols.  We are hearing a 100 Million vaccines in 100 days. Only way to do this is hold off on the second dose. You think sailing will resume is only 52% ability to fight off the virus?  Two doses in tested timeframe are the protocol for 95%. 

Something to ponder. 

The problem right now isn't lack of vaccines, it's lack of states actually administering he vaccines.

Plus giving say 100 people one dose at 50% efficacy and not the second is nearly as effective as giving 50 people both doses at 95% efficacy

3 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

The problem right now isn't lack of vaccines, it's lack of states actually administering he vaccines.

Plus giving say 100 people one dose at 50% efficacy and not the second is nearly as effective as giving 50 people both doses at 95% efficacy

I just watched the President Elect take his second dose. Just hope he doesn’t ask us to delay our 2nd dose. 

Tell that to the 50% that might get sick and worse yet die. 

And, will cruise lines sail with only 50% protection?

I would only go on a cruise that required 100% vaccination of crew and passengers.

Without this almost every cruise will experience a lockdown.  Why bother going on a cruise with almost 100% certainty of a lockdown at some point during the cruise.

All this means probably no good cruises until 4Q21.  Hopefully the cruise lines don't go bankrupt.

• Like 1