If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???

If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It So You Can Cruise Again?

• YES
    • NO

3 minutes ago, LB_NJ said:

I would only go on a cruise that required 100% vaccination of crew and passengers.

Without this almost every cruise will experience a lockdown.  Why bother going on a cruise with almost 100% certainty of a lockdown at some point during the cruise.

All this means probably no good cruises until 4Q21.  Hopefully the cruise lines don't go bankrupt.

How about with or without the 2nd dose?  You think 50% effective is enough for cruising?  I don’t. Look for the delay soon. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, molly361 said:

If they do require a vaccine in order to cruise curious how this timing will work.  If they should start cruising in May/June I don't think even those that want a vaccine will be able to get one at the rate we are going now

It will be a small crowd. I hope you get a chance before they start rolling out to more people. 

M8

• Like 1

Just got my first dose of Moderna vaccine!  In 4 weeks, will get the second dose.  Was in the process of retiring as a physician but have offered to become reactivated during these continued surges to help out (certainly once my vaccination is considered effective).  Our very large medical group has a well planned rollout  for the vaccines and most of our HCWs who want them will likely get them by another week or two.  Then further vaccines to the next tiers.

I foresee that RCL will require vaccination prior to sailing and also likely pre-embarkation testing (albeit the vaccine does not prevent exposure or all infection) for all passengers and staff.

The important missing factors are well thought out protocols for managing exposure and illness during a cruise.  Have not really heard much on those matters.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bmblob said:

Just got my first dose of Moderna vaccine!  In 4 weeks, will get the second dose.  Was in the process of retiring as a physician but have offered to become reactivated during these continued surges to help out (certainly once my vaccination is considered effective).  Our very large medical group has a well planned rollout  for the vaccines and most of our HCWs who want them will likely get them by another week or two.  Then further vaccines to the next tiers.

I foresee that RCL will require vaccination prior to sailing and also likely pre-embarkation testing (albeit the vaccine does not prevent exposure or all infection) for all passengers and staff.

The important missing factors are well thought out protocols for managing exposure and illness during a cruise.  Have not really heard much on those matters.

Glad to see another Doctor participating here. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I just watched the President Elect take his second dose. Just hope he doesn’t ask us to delay our 2nd dose. 

Tell that to the 50% that might get sick and worse yet die. 

And, will cruise lines sail with only 50% protection?

If they start delaying the second dose and my time comes I going to wait until there are plenty of doses. If the delay is still in place I’ll be asking my doctor to see if she can get it moved up to the time recommended by the company. I don’t want them screwing around with it. 🤬

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

If 100 people are running around with 1 dose at 50%, then only about 50% of them are protected.  

If 50 people are running around with 2 doses at 95%, and 50 others have no vaccine, only about 50% are protected.

That isn't how it works. But I'm just tired of talking about it. If 100 people are running around with one dose then 100 people are running around suboptimally protected.

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

If they start delaying the second dose and my time comes I going to wait until there are plenty of doses. If the delay is still in place I’ll be asking my doctor to see if she can get it moved up to the time recommended by the company. I don’t want them screwing around with it. 🤬

Why didn’t he delay his second dose & let it be used for someone as a first dose. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

My hospital, which is a pretty well known major medical system in New England, has refused to consider deviating from the dosing interval used the trials in taking care of the medical staff, nurses, and employees.

Btw, Jan 22... piece that together with a question that you asked me somewhere else.😉 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

My hospital, which is a pretty well known major medical system in New England, has refused to consider deviating from the dosing interval used the trials in taking care of the medical staff, nurses, and employees.

Btw, Jan 22... piece that together with a question that you asked me somewhere else.😉 

Agreed.  My very large health care system in CA has clearly adhered to the 2 dose vaccination protocol.  No sooner than 3 weeks between 1st and 2nd dose for Pfizer and 4 weeks for Moderna.   Usually if the interval gets a little delayed in most vaccines, it does not seem to make much difference.  But you cannot shortened the interval for the immune response to work as intended or proven.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

That isn't how it works. But I'm just tired of talking about it. If 100 people are running around with one dose then 100 people are running around suboptimally protected.

Good luck, OB, defending the science.  When the mob says this is the way,,, you got no choice... whatever the mob says that is the right answer....  you don’t want to hang for the crime of denying science.  

It used to be science was .. well uh... science, now it is socially conscious.  So whatever the socially conscience millennial tells you is... well we can’t call those facts... umm..  lets just call them convenient truths.... and if you question a convenient truth Vinnie is going to set you straight... and knock you teeth out on a good day and do something unallowed on CC on a bad day.

just sayin

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, bmblob said:

Agreed.  My very large health care system in CA has clearly adhered to the 2 dose vaccination protocol.  No sooner than 3 weeks between 1st and 2nd dose for Pfizer and 4 weeks for Moderna.   Usually if the interval gets a little delayed in most vaccines, it does not seem to make much difference.  But you cannot shortened the interval for the immune response to work as intended or proven.

The boss got her second PZ dose today. It was two days early. It was convenient as she was oncall today. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Thanks for the info.

I'll have to see what my doctor at Cleveland Clinic says in case the state puts more time in between doses. 

15 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

There is no "big guy". Listen to the science!

What Dr. Fauci isn’t the “Big Guy”. I was pretty certain, that G*d is dead, based on the science, but I was certain that the science guys had installed him as the replacement.  I mean... who can’t listen to that gravelly voice and go... that is a big guy, even though he appears on TV as a skinny geek of an old man...  

I know. Listening to science.  Quitting typing now, do want to appear on the wrong list in the new age of science.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

The boss got her second PZ dose today. It was two days early. It was convenient as she was oncall today. 

It is hard to really know each individual's immune response and how well the vaccination will augment their immunity to this virus.  Getting the 2nd dose two days early or two days late likely makes little difference but we actually just don't know.  In our institutions, we have recommended scheduling the 2nd dose several days away from hospital duty as to not have any possible side effects impact one's clinical duties or activities.  We had also only vaccinated portions of each clinical unit at a time so that whole units or departments are not at risk for becoming incapacitated all at the same time.  Actually it is the community acquired Covid illnesses which are most impacting our hospital workforce.  Hopefully, the vaccines will help to mitigate this impact.

That said, I hope your boss has minimal side effects from this second dose and continues to stay healthy and maybe a little safer now.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, bmblob said:

That said, I hope your boss has minimal side effects from this second dose and continues to stay healthy and maybe a little safer now.

So far so good. No side effects. She sees quite a few CV19 patients so I’m glad she got both doses. My second dose is due on 02/04 as well as my 87yo Mom. I sure hope we receive ours and it’s not delayed. I believe our Governor won’t allow it but the Feds control the distribution. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I just watched the President Elect take his second dose. Just hope he doesn’t ask us to delay our 2nd dose. 

Whose fault might it be?  The President Elect is just that. No power to do anything at the present.  Who had the power?

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Whose fault might it be?  The President Elect is just that. No power to do anything at the present.  Who had the power?

He’ll have the power soon where he can attempt to avoid the science and established protocols by requesting a delay with second dose. Let’s hope he doesn’t try to do this. He had his within the protocols. I’ve read on several left leaning sites that he plans 100 Million vaccinations within a 100 days. It’s my understanding, the only way to do this is to delay the 2nd dose and use to to vaccinate people with only one dose. 

Didn’t we hear, follow the science?  Let’s hope he does what he said. 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, bmblob said:

The Healthy Sail Report lays out the protocols for managing illness on board.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

What will he do when the pandemic is over?

Continue cashing his nice paycheck with associated benefits.  Maybe he will even get an even cushier job with a bigger paycheck and more opportunities to do special activities like watching baseball games no one else gets to sit in the stands for.  

• Like 2