If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???

If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It So You Can Cruise Again?

• YES
    • NO

3 hours ago, boscobeans said:

I have only a question and am interested in people's opinion as to WHEN a vaccine drug or any new product is no longer considered to be "UNPROVEN" or "EXPERIMENTAL".

When the FDA says so?

https://www.fda.gov/drugs/special-features/frequently-asked-questions-about-fda-drug-approval-process

10 minutes ago, Pratique said:

There is a pretty good list of FDA approved drugs that were found to have very negative side effects and were pulled off the market.   But they were all daily or weekly drugs.  Can’t think of any one time (or 2 shot) drugs that were pulled.

3 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

This is what people are seeming to forget, which seems ironic as this is a forum about cruising. 

I only come here for the free medical and legal advice. If only there was a retirement investment thread(s), I'd be here everyday.😉

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

15 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

If someone knows they are allergic to the ingredients of a particular vaccine they should not take it and depend on an Epi-pen. That is common  sense. They should wait for the other vaccines that are on the way. Or not cruise if vaccination is a requirement. 

You're POV is correct too. For me, I prefer the higher efficacy of the mRNA vaccines and my decision is mine to make for myself. I know how Epi works so there is that. Of course, the only allergic reaction I have ever had to any drug is a rash on my chest which was not life threatening. I'm not allergic to the mRNA vaccines and I've had both shots of the Moderna vaccine.

Edited by coffeebean

23 hours ago, CaroleSS said:

so, “if it were you” and you had significant allergies and your doctor told you to NOT get the vaccine as it might kill you, you would do it anyway....just at the hospital where they could give you an Eli-pen when you have a reaction and hope you don’t die......just so someone else could cruise again.     mmmmm-k

I'll answer this one again........I've been vaccinated with the mRNA Moderna vaccine because I want my life back, not just to cruise. I want to all sorts of things that I did pre-pandemic and I want to do them with peace of mind that I won't be contracting what could be a deadly virus.

What this virus can do to older people and younger ones too, is a given. Many have died a horrible death from Covid. The allergic reaction to this vaccine is very treatable. The benefit of taking this vaccine, for me, far out weighs the risks and I include allergic reactions.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Seville2Cabo said:

There is a pretty good list of FDA approved drugs that were found to have very negative side effects and were pulled off the market.   But they were all daily or weekly drugs.  Can’t think of any one time (or 2 shot) drugs that were pulled.

Not sure I understand your point here. The FDA makes the determination of when a drug is approved.

22 hours ago, lizzius said:

Yep, which is why it would be unwise for someone to get one they are allergic to, against their doctor's suggestion. You'll probably have to go back a few pages to see that little gem.

There are folks who do not know that they are allergic to certain drugs, foods or vaccines. They find out the hard way. That is why at the vaccination sites here in Florida, there is an observation area and a certain amount of time that every person who has just been vaccinated has to wait. If you have never had an allergic reaction to a drug or vaccine, your wait time is 15 minutes. If you have had an allergic reaction to a drug or vaccine, your wait time is 30 minutes.

There are ambulances on site at these vaccination centers to handle any problems that may arise. Good old Epi-Pens come in handy to reverse an anaphylactic reaction, even if someone never ever experienced one before. Modern medicine is a wonderful thing.

27 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

There are ambulances on site at these vaccination centers to handle any problems that may arise.

Really?!?!

I've not seen an ambulance parked outside any of the local grocery stores which are giving shots.

28 minutes ago, CaroleSS said:

Really?!?!

I've not seen an ambulance parked outside any of the local grocery stores which are giving shots.

Yes, the site where I received my vaccines have three ambulances at the ready for adverse reactions to the vaccine. The site is run by Global Medical Response for Sumter County and is a drive up site. Very well run, IMHO.

34 minutes ago, CaroleSS said:

Really?!?!

I don't really know how the local grocery stores are handling the process. Do they have an area for observation? If they do that, then they are prepared to administer epinephrine to anyone who has an anaphylactic reaction to the vaccine.

5 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

I don't really know how the local grocery stores are handling the process. Do they have an area for observation? If they do that, then they are prepared to administer epinephrine to anyone who has an anaphylactic reaction to the vaccine.

I don't know but I know our Publix doesn't have ambulances as I have a friend that has allergic reactions sometimes and she said they can't use Publix for the vaccine

20 minutes ago, Seville2Cabo said:

My point is that just because it is approved, does not mean it is safe.  And just because it is not approved, does not mean it is not safe

OK, but we all know that there are no guarantees in life, except death and taxes. I'm not sure how your argument is going to ease anyone's mind about the vaccines, if they are concerned about it.

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

I don't know but I know our Publix doesn't have ambulances as I have a friend that has allergic reactions sometimes and she said they can't use Publix for the vaccine

Smart move. Vaccination sites that have mandatory observation time and treatment available is a better option.

Edited by coffeebean

3 hours ago, coffeebean said:

My 91 year old father just received his second vaccine today at Publix (a Florida grocery store with pharmacy).  (1) There was no ambulance seen in the parking area.  (2) He signed in at a desk near the pharmacy.  They confirmed his appointment.  They looked at the paperwork that was given to him to complete after he had received the first shot.  A key question was if there had been any allergic reaction to shot #1 (he did not have any reaction at all).  (3) We went to the pharmacy counter.  They re-asked about reaction.  We were told to go around the corner to the exit door of the pharmacy (inside  the store).  (4) The pharmacist came out and verified his personal info.  She asked once again about any previous reaction. (5) The shot was administered.  We were told to sit by the pharmacy for 15 minutes.  After 15 minutes the person at the desk said we could go.

In all, very well run.

• Like 4

On 2/20/2021 at 7:19 AM, Mapleleafforever said:

That settlement is mind boggling to me. Just to be clear, are we talking a large group of individuals on scooters or a group of large individuals on scooters? 

Edited: Pardon my error.  Mixed up two different suits. 

The ADA.gov page is interesting to me because of the financial penalties.  $5000 to a person with PTSD who showed up to a hotel late at night and the night shift worker refused the dog.  To me, that seems punitive; can't imagine the person had $5k in actual damages.  

Edited by Incognito1

On 2/20/2021 at 5:32 AM, Milwaukee Eight said:

Doesn’t matter. If Cruise ships require vaccine, their rules. Getting a vaccine is your choice. If required, don’t get the vaccine, don’t cruise. No shame. 

The shame is in painting those that disagree with a point of view in a demeaning way.

I completely agree with you that it's up to the cruise lines.  For us, we won't be cruising on Crystal.  It's their choice, and it's our choice.  As long as both parties have the choice, there is no problem.  I hope that our scheduled cruises for this year and next will go on as planned; if not, we'll take our vacation funds elsewhere.  Their choice; our choice.  

• Like 4

On 7/22/2020 at 9:41 AM, Mapleleafforever said:

Hell to the NO, I will gladly take a full refund for our next cruise though as this stipulation wasn't in place at time of our booking. 

I am nowhere near an anti vaxxer and in fact both our kids as well as my wife and I are fully vaccinated. We never get flu shots though as we prefer to keep ourselves healthy and let our immune systems do what they're supposed to do. 

Vaccines generally take quite some time to develop and our family refuses to be guinea pigs for a rushed vaccine. For those wanting to be first in line for said rushed vaccine you might want to look up what happened in 1976 with the swine flu vaccine. 

Oh, and in case you get the rushed vaccine and god forbid something bad does happen you have no right for any legal recourse against the vaccine maker. 

Your best defense is to do your best to maintain a healthy weight, eat right, and exercise. 

My thoughts on this have changed so much since last July. Myself and my family will be getting the vaccine when it's our turn. It has nothing to do with cruising and everything to do with things going back to normal and learning a bit about the vaccines. 

I still maintain that your best defense is to maintain a healthy weight, eat right, and exercise. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Mapleleafforever said:

I still maintain that your best defense is to maintain a healthy weight, eat right, and exercise. 

Bingo!  Obesity kills; now even moreso.

Not fat-shaming; people are obese for different reasons.  But simply looking at the statistics.

• Like 2