If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???

If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It So You Can Cruise Again?

• YES
    • NO

27 minutes ago, ChuckRambo said:

I will not be getting an experimental “vaccine.” And I am not an anti-vaxxer person. I get a flu shot every year and my children were vaccinated for all normal childhood diseases just as I was. No, for me, what I have read about this medication is just a bit too disturbing. 

So, if that means that I cannot cruise then so be it. I will get my money back and use it somewhere else. I wouldn’t want to take a cruise with a multitude of health restrictions, anyway. For me, that ruins the whole point of a vacation. I just can’t imagine having to wear a mask on a cruise. Ugh. 

I understand other peoples’ point of view on the vaccine and other restrictions and if they are ok with that stuff that’s fine. It’s just not for me.

Welcome to Cruise Critic. Despite your denials you sound the same as the other antivaxxers who recently "joined"  out of nowhere. They mentioned flu shots, children being vaccinated etc.. 

• Like 4

Only in Florida can you hear on the news that 2 30/40 year old womean don wigs and glasses to look over 65 to get their vaccines- AND when they got caught it was their second dose.  I still can't get my first one

Edited by molly361
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Only in Florida can you hear on the news that 2 30/40 year old womean don wigs and glasses to look over 65 to get their vaccines- AND when they got caught it was their second dose.  I still can't get my first one

They must have had fake ids too.  When I got both my doses I had to show my driver's license.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, molly361 said:

MA opened appointments yesterday to 65+ and those with comorbidities, over one million people.  I was on the computer for over six hours trying to get appointments as the states system kept crashing.  I was able to get an appointment for my husband for Monday at a mass vaccination site twenty minutes from where he works.  I couldn't get one for me there though even though I tried immediately after I got his.  I was finally able to get one for me for Tuesday at Gillette Stadium, where the Patriots play.  It is much farther away but I got one.  He gets Pfizer and I get Moderna.

I hope you can get an appointment soon.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

MA opened appointments yesterday to 65+ and those with comorbidities, over one million people.  I was on the computer for over six hours trying to get appointments as the states system kept crashing.  I was able to get an appointment for my husband for Monday at a mass vaccination site twenty minutes from where he works.  I couldn't get one for me there though even though I tried immediately after I got his.  I was finally able to get one for me for Tuesday at Gillette Stadium, where the Patriots play.  It is much farther away but I got one.  He gets Pfizer and I get Moderna.

Congrats !!  My sister and BIL in NY got appt for April (they are in their early 60's)  I don't mind  waiting until April.  It would just be nice to have a date for sometime in the future.  Dan and I are not in that much of a rush

• Like 2

While I understand the restrictions (particularly "comorbitities"), EVERYONE thinks that they have some reason to jump to the front of the line. Nearly everyone, especially those over 65 have "something" else going on. It is just an excuse for people to think they are somehow entitled to the vaccine. It's all about ME, dontcha know!

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

I saw that tonight on the news.

6 minutes ago, Seville2Cabo said:

True, but i thought that was what her sister was allergic to.

Yes, it is the PEG in the vaccine that she is allergic to. She would get something if it didn't mean she would have to risk death/injury. She (I) are not anti-vaxxers (exemplified by the fact that I have had my first shot), but it just annoyed me when people blasted me for suggesting she was not going to get the vaccine. I was told she was selfish.....and was standing in THEIR way of cruising (which she doesn't do) and otherwise getting back to "normal". 

I heard from a lot of people that they’ll refuse the shot.  It’s based on what they heard of the ingredients used to make this concoction and the one they have an issue with is that they use aborted babies stem cells.  Now don’t shoot this messenger but word is that’s what you’ll be injected with.  

48 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

In my part of Texas, no appointments were used at our civic center. No lines for my two shots; multiple "stations" were set up. I did show driver's license. I think the no-appointment method is less stressful. People naturally chose different times of day to go.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CaroleSS said:

While I understand the restrictions (particularly "comorbitities"), EVERYONE thinks that they have some reason to jump to the front of the line. Nearly everyone, especially those over 65 have "something" else going on. It is just an excuse for people to think they are somehow entitled to the vaccine. It's all about ME, dontcha know!

If this was hurled at my post, I do not think we should be at the front of the line at all.  We would have waited for our invite from the hospital our PCPs practice from but our Governor has decided to pull the vaccine from the hospitals that have been operating clinics for months and reallocating it to mass vaccine sites.  Our state is only doing one week of appointments at a time and I was lucky to get appointments for two of the three people who needed them.

22 minutes ago, CaroleSS said:

Don't assume. Here over 65 and cormorbidies are in the same 1C tier but over 65 has priority over comorbidities. 

Priority Group 1C, Tier 1

Preregister

Adults age 65 to 74

U.S. Census estimate: 91,000 residents

Priority Group 1C, Tier 2

Preregister

Populations with high-risk medical conditions have a significantly increased risk of hospitalization and death from COVID-19. Nearly 90% of persons hospitalized for COVID-19 have an underlying medical condition.

• Adults 16(18)-64 years old with medical conditions

High-risk medical condition details

High-risk medical conditions include:

• Cancer
  • Chronic Kidney Disease
  • Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
  • Heart conditions
  • Immunocompromised state
  • Obesity/Severe obesity
  • Pregnancy
  • Sickle Cell Disease
  • Smoking
  • Type 2 Diabetes, Type 1 Diabetes
  • Asthma (moderate-severe)
  • Cerebrovascular disease
  • Cystic fibrosis
  • Hypertension or High Blood pressure
  • Immunocompromised conditions (from blood or bone marrow transplant, immune deficiencies, HIV, prolonged use of corticosteroids or other immunosuppressive medication)
  • Dementia, ALS, other neurologic issues
  • Liver disease
  • Pulmonary disease
  • Thalassemia

Priority Group 1C, Tier 3

Preregister

Other attributes that put people at significantly higher risk for severe COVID-19 illness include living and working in congregate settings, experiencing homelessness, living in an area with a high rate of transmission, and working in an industry with a high rate of transmission.

Edited by Charles4515

19 minutes ago, James4me said:

I heard from a lot of people that they’ll refuse the shot.  It’s based on what they heard of the ingredients used to make this concoction and the one they have an issue with is that they use aborted babies stem cells.  Now don’t shoot this messenger but word is that’s what you’ll be injected with.  

Not true for either of the mRNA vaccines

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

If this was hurled at my post, I do not think we should be at the front of the line at all.  

No, not hurled at you......but a frustration of mine.

I work in a major grocery chain in Florida. We have recently started providing the vaccine to Florida residents over 65. I cannot tell you how many people who are here on vacation who DEMAND that they get the vaccine (even though they are not Florida residents). The other group demands the vaccine since they are "at risk". Everyone thinks they are special and should go to the front of the line. I apologize if I implied that it was you that thought so.😢

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, James4me said:

Social media is not always your friend. Those people have not done any due diligence and rely upon ignoramuses for their news. 

7 hours ago, CaroleSS said:

so, “if it were you” and you had significant allergies and your doctor told you to NOT get the vaccine as it might kill you, you would do it anyway....just at the hospital where they could give you an Eli-pen when you have a reaction and hope you don’t die......just so someone else could cruise again.     mmmmm-k

That is correct. The treatment to reverse anaphylaxis is an Epi-Pen, AKA epinephrine.

Edited by coffeebean

12 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

That is correct. The treatment to reverse anaphylaxis is an Epi-Pen, AKA epinephrine.

If someone knows they are allergic to the ingredients of a particular vaccine they should not take it and depend on an Epi-pen. That is common  sense. They should wait for the other vaccines that are on the way. Or not cruise if vaccination is a requirement. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, James4me said:

I heard from a lot of people that they’ll refuse the shot. 

What you posted is garbage and should not be perpetuated. And here in CA in the SF Bay Area, about 90% of the people polled are eager to get vaccinated. Californians have had a bad time of it during this pandemic (as have other states). But most people here can't wait to be eligible. :classic_smile:

• Like 1