Value of Diamond Plus compare to Diamond?

Oxo

5 hours ago, PigsCanFly said:

It is the anticipation of reaching D+   We were planning on reaching D+ in March then May then June then July then August then September but those were each cancelled.  Now we are hoping for December'20 or January'21 or March '21.  Anticipation is the only benefit so far for us.

We are 5 points short of D+.  Canceled in  May, June, July, August, and September.  Just waiting to lose October.  I wasn’t  considering anticipation as a benefit, but I guess there is a tiny silver lining in the COVID cloud, after all.

3 hours ago, gkbiiii said:

Diamond Plus gets you Platinum Mlife status, at MGMMirage. 

And if you are n a location with Caesars properties you can apply Caesars tier matching offer to gain Diamond status every other year with them which has better perks vs Mlife

• Like 1

Additional day of interent, the 2 for 1 BOGO Speciality restaurant discount (on day 1 or 2 of the cruise) and laundry are probably the most valuable ones. As you gain more points you can choose from actually drinkable wines etc. Maybe it is a additional hedge should RCL do changes to C&A Program eventually, amongst other ideas discussed on the Forum that if they will keep the lounges maybe it will be as of Diamond +

1 hour ago, LXA350 said:

As you gain more points you can choose from actually drinkable wines etc. 

I find it hilarious that Beringer WZ doesn't show up until the 340 level choices

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, jalves said:

Pinnacle gets access to the suite lounge and Coastal Kitchen no matter what cabin they book

Not perks that would encourage me to try to reach pinnacle😂

Sherri🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

What is the current status match with MSC?

Does D+ get you a higher level than D

Pretty sure D+ doesn't get you anything more tha D on Celebrity. Both are Elite

You’re right, Elite is the highest level D,, D+, and Pinnacles can get to on their Royal points.

Sherri🙂

Edited by sjb317
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sjb317 said:

You’re right, Elite is the highest level D,, D+, and Pinnacles can get to on their Royal points.

Sherri🙂

It is  generous  that Celebrity  gives the Elite  level to a first time cruiser who is D or above on RCCL.  They don't have to give anything.   We sailed Celebrity   several times as a D+ passenger and were please that we had  all  Elite benefits.  

M

• Like 1

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I find it hilarious that Beringer WZ doesn't show up until the 340 level choices

All the Wines on the Happy Hour Menu are so cheap they might as well be on the below 340 level choices.

• Haha 1

Being D+, we liked the bridge, galley and backstage tours plus the little goodies left in our stateroom. Free laundry for undies and T-shirts was nice on longer cruises. We don't use much wifi when we are on vacation. The idea is to be 'out of touch' except for emergency numbers.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

It is  generous  that Celebrity  gives the Elite  level to a first time cruiser who is D or above on RCCL.  They don't have to give anything.   We sailed Celebrity   several times as a D+ passenger and were please that we had  all  Elite benefits.  

M

I agree with you, I find we are choosing Celebrity more often and appreciate getting Elite perks.  We also appreciate our D+ perks on Royal😀.

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

What is the current status match with MSC?

Does D+ get you a higher level than D

Pretty sure D+ doesn't get you anything more tha D on Celebrity. Both are Elite

We did a MSC status match 5 years ago when we were only D, and got Black match on MSC. I have read that MSC has now changed and you have to be Pinnacle to get their Diamond status (which was their original Black level).  However I think I read last month that someone did get MSC Diamond status match for their D+.

• Thanks 1

I was the new emerald possibly or platinum my first celebrity cruise and I think they gave me elite, said it was highest tier. I'm guessing 7 plus years ago. So now you have to be D or above, but I got it at a earlier loyalty than I'm reading above.

I guess a lot of things changed over the years. No way I was diamond back then.

Diamond - We used the lounge, a day's internet, but no other perks

Diamond Plus - We use the lounge, the BOGOF x 2, Two day's internet, and a free bottle wine in the cabin

So, for us, no real monetary value because we probably wouldn't pay the extra for them or miss them, but we are very grateful for the additional perks because it just adds to our enjoyment

• Like 1

The free laundry bag is great as well as the extra Internet time.  The 340 luncheon is also very nice.   As a sometimes solo the 340 150% solo supplement is appreciated and can save a few $s.  We are Pinnacle now but many of the perks are still the same.  I appreciate all that we are given.  Katherine

21 hours ago, mets123 said:

Don't forget the better discounts for balconies.

I took advantage of this the other day for the first time in a few years.  My rule of thumb is the price has to be very close to an ocean view to book the balcony.  With the D+ discount this one ended up being cheaper than the ocean view.

• Like 1

I can't keep up with the extra goodies they leave in the cabin. 

I get a kick out of "delivering" a covered plate of chocolate covered strawberries to a random group sitting in a lounge somewhere.  They are always so tickled to get them.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, pcur said:

I can't keep up with the extra goodies they leave in the cabin. 

I get a kick out of "delivering" a covered plate of chocolate covered strawberries to a random group sitting in a lounge somewhere.  They are always so tickled to get them.  

That's another element, the extra goodies in the cabin, they could rather enhance this away and provide something else with more quality. Like what I suggested with the premium drink vouchers etc. It's at the end also food waste, most people don't even eat those goodies delivered to the cabin.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sjb317 said:

Not perks that would encourage me to try to reach pinnacle😂

Sherri🙂

Actually, those are the two perks that got us to accelerate our quest to become Pinnacle. 

But then they dumbed down the menu😪

3 hours ago, compman9 said:

Diamond - We used the lounge, a day's internet, but no other perks

Diamond Plus - We use the lounge, the BOGOF x 2, Two day's internet, and a free bottle wine in the cabin

So, for us, no real monetary value because we probably wouldn't pay the extra for them or miss them, but we are very grateful for the additional perks because it just adds to our enjoyment

No perceived value for balcony discount