webinar????

2 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

I think first cruise mentioned was 31 May 2021 Grand Arctic Adventure; Regent seems to have given up on Winter 2021.

Marc

And mostly a waste of time......nothing new.

• Like 3

I was expecting them to discuss new onboard protocols due to Covid-19.  That was only very briefly mentioned (more like alluded to) in passing.  But there was a lot of marketing about why Regent is the best cruise line and how wonderful Splendor is.  Those may be true, but it did not cover the topic I was expecting.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

I think first cruise mentioned was 31 May 2021 Grand Arctic Adventure; Regent seems to have given up on Winter 2021.

Based on the itineraries mentioned on the other ships, I don't think that even that one is necessarily going to be the first to sail.  But I do agree that the fact they did not mention anything earlier is telling us they don't feel confident in an early restart this winter.

Edited by SusieQft
  • Like 1

So, is that nifty Woodford bourbon and Beluga vodka included in the fare or are they on the connoisseur list?  And I was actually able to tell my neighbor that Regent not only has included in the fare excursions, but excursions with an upcharge.  I felt kind of smart.

I felt for them - must be hard to portray and sell something when truly you cannot know what the experience will be, other than probably very 'different than the past'.  I think the chef touched on that briefly.  

They did say every suite would be fogged daily?  Did I catch that correctly? I was wondering about that - assuming that becomes part of protocol.  Just the logistics and such.

That said, the pictures were pretty and it was a nice fluffy way to move into the evening for me.  I was so sobered by the morning seminar that something light did not go amiss.

5 minutes ago, Travelcat2 said:

Well they did what they said they would do. It is as about the chef. As mentioned the protocols were an add-on due to requests. 

They said:

“Regent executives will discuss their new Health & Safety Protocol and Healthy Sail Panel both onboard and shoreside

• Like 2

As I had no timely notice of this, I missed the 1500 hours (Mountain time) schedule. I would liked to have seen and heard it, even though it was basically an ad pace from what I read here. I have a suspicion (nothing more) that Regent won’t sail until a vaccine is approved and becomes available to Regent’s rather mature clientele. My suspicion is based on a belief that sailing before that would require protocols so strict that few would book knowing them, and on mainstream news reports that vaccines will probably start being approved by November. That would mean that they would be available and in wide use by older people by sometime in the spring of 2021, considering that their priority would be after medical personnel and first responders. I do know of at least two pharma companies that are so confident in their vaccines that they already have an inventory of $1B each, to allow for quick distribution after approval. 

Though I did not see or hear the webinar, posts above that Regent continues to be evasive about cruising resumption, and really it has no choice. I suspect that it is really looking to start cruises in spring 2021, when a vaccine will likely be available and in use. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

Got there 6 minutes late. Missed the all important protocols information. What did they say?
The next 54 minutes were standard ad for Regent. Disappointed. 
sheila

Folks who were there please check me, but I believe it was just a very quick recounting of what's on this website - far less detailed during the webinar. I don't think they touched on HVAC that much, or the socially responsible check-in.  But I remember thinking that the webinar comments sounded just like something I had seen on Regent's website a month or so ago - but with the addition of the Health & Safety Panel members.

https://www.rssc.com/HealthSafetyProtocols#anchor-3

15 minutes ago, Dolebludger said:

…...Though I did not see or hear the webinar, posts above that Regent continues to be evasive about cruising resumption, and really it has no choice. I suspect that it is really looking to start cruises in spring 2021, when a vaccine will likely be available and in use. 

I think you are probably right....it is not looking good for our Feb 5 th Splendor cruise.

19 minutes ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

Got there 6 minutes late. Missed the all important protocols information. What did they say?
The next 54 minutes were standard ad for Regent. Disappointed. 

I did not hear anything new about the new protocols.  As greykitty said, there is significantly more information on the Regent website.  They were off that and on to marketing before I really even noticed.

• Like 1