Empress of The Seas

8 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

I take your rolling eyes to mean no, she isn't coming back.  

No one knows if she isn't.

However,  every single shred of logic points to her heading to Aliaga or equivalent, yes ... in my humble non-scientific and ignorant opinion.

1 minute ago, Hoopster95 said:

No one knows if she isn't.

However,  every single shred of logic points to her heading to Aliaga or equivalent, yes ... in my humble non-scientific and ignorant opinion.

It makes sense.  What I don't get is why she is putzing around Europe.  Isn't that an unnecessary expense if the plan is to have her scrapped?  

RCG investors call today - no mention of additional scrapings.

I think certain ships could have a future in sister brands, even one that might be re-organized depending how the next six months work out.  There is more than just one ship breaking yard but I think they are waiting to see how the future plays out before making that decision.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

It makes sense.  What I don't get is why she is putzing around Europe.  Isn't that an unnecessary expense if the plan is to have her scrapped?  

Malta to Crete is about 550 nautical miles... as a perspective it's only about 200 between Port Everglades to Port Canaveral.

Guess what country Empress is registered? Yes, Malta. So they have much more freedom with regard to movement of equipment, supplies, staff, etc in Malta ( I think, and from what I've read here on CC and elsewhere on line)

Just now, Hoopster95 said:

Malta to Crete is about 550 nautical miles... as a perspective it's only about 200 between Port Everglades to Port Canaveral.

Guess what country Empress is registered? Yes, Malta. So they have much more freedom with regard to movement of equipment, supplies, staff, etc in Malta ( I think, and from what I've read here on CC and elsewhere on line)

She was registered in Malta when she went to Pullmantur the first time.  When she came back to Royal they flagged her in the Bahamas. Been that way since 2016.   

1 minute ago, twangster said:

She was registered in Malta when she went to Pullmantur the first time.  When she came back to Royal they flagged her in the Bahamas. Been that way since 2016.   

Thx twangster... now I remember.

There was already a post on her registry in this thread I think on an earlier page I forgot about.

11 hours ago, CruisingFA said:

Thought I remember reading somewhere monarch/sovereign met up with constellation to transfer the crew before heading to Aliaga...anyone else see that or know if it’s true?

I think it may have been Infinity, but yes, both ships met with an X ship and unloaded crew just before their Aliaga arrival.

5 minutes ago, CruisingFA said:

Infinity is slowly making its way towards Malta now

True, and it is her first meaningful move away from Greek waters in a long time, but not sure how that relates to Empress.

Edited by Biker19

26 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Has anyone seen any recent pictures from the beach in Turkey?  Maybe they've made enough progress there's room for more ships.

All 5 ships are still beached (Looks like they are actively working on two)  and I believe that there is another 3-4 anchored offshore waiting. 

2 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Can you share any recent pictures or supply a link?

Here are the 5 ships on the beach at Aliaga:

123048909_1060547084382082_2645289688032582421_o.jpg?_nc_cat=111&ccb=2&_nc_sid=b9115d&_nc_ohc=NIg8tXnPeDQAX9JKaQm&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=de5c172a33ff3f1ea82ac2fa8fdd6429&oe=5FC564B4

The next cruise ships due for scrapping (Horizon, Marella Dream and Celebration) are not off Aliaga but tied up just south Elefsina, Greece (about a day sailing away from Aliaga):

123064723_10221055475809978_8358211046574441976_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&ccb=2&_nc_sid=b9115d&_nc_ohc=eSCbkyvZjhAAX-TcWuT&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=7989f1add33b6ae204959d24ad87ab21&oe=5FC674B8

• Like 1