Empress of The Seas

Everything I said is EXACTLY CORRECT!

58 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

No, that is incorrect.  You can lift and shift any cruise that has a deposit made on it.  It is NOT just for cruises that you have made final payment on.

In addition to being able to do a LL&S following the guidelines you can also as you mentioned move it to any other cruise at current rates.

Quit being so quick to tell someone they are wrong when what I said is right.  Of course you CAN use L&S (with all its LIMITATIONS), but I was saying what you can do if there is no cruise that will match.

2 hours ago, keyboardjunkie said:

I am still having an issue figuring out which cruises I can Lift and Shift an upcoming Empress sailing to (I know that not all potential future 'qualify' - that it has to be the same length and to the same location and for the same category cabin).  If anyone can explain how to discover what the sailing options being offered are for a particular L&S sailing, your help would be appreciated.

to find out what you can lift and shift your current sailing to - go to this link 

https://cancellation.royalcaribbean.com/?brand=R&_ga=2.145822388.1093913332.1600289795-1711763424.1589578353

select Lift and Shift program and fill in the information at the bottom.   It will provide you with some options, if available.    Don't worry it not cancel your existing booking unless you select to proceed with one of the given options. 

or like others have said you can simply move your deposit to any other sailing at current rates if there are no options you like under the L & S program.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Here is what you said.  It is incorrect.

i agreed with the rest of what you posted. 

I don't think he understands the potential benefit of L&S vs moving a deposit😉

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

to find out what you can lift and shift your current sailing to - go to this link 

https://cancellation.royalcaribbean.com/?brand=R&_ga=2.145822388.1093913332.1600289795-1711763424.1589578353

select Lift and Shift program and fill in the information at the bottom.   It will provide you with some options, if available.    Don't worry it not cancel your existing booking unless you select to proceed with one of the given options. 

or like others have said you can simply move your deposit to any other sailing at current rates if there are no options you like under the L & S program.

Second thanks....the link is now bookmarked!  Your help is greatly appreciated!

14 minutes ago, AussieVisi2r said:

Hummmm.    To strip out more gear?  Or just to confuse us more?

Hate this!!!

Hard to strip equipment in Malta when you sail 180° in the wrong direction.  Both ships are sailing Easterly away from their stated destination.  

They've both turned.

1999483618_NE-MJ9-19-2020.jpg.cbdd447224af5d4981bd0c8461fb00eb.jpg

📷: myshiptracking.com

This move out of port may be due to a strong low pressure system passing through the area currently below Crete and moving South.  

490630864_AegeanWeather19-19-2020.jpg.347879946bc9756c126efe2c9ae816cf.jpg

📷: windy.com

Wave heights up to 10' so this might be related to moving to smoother waters.

17864618_AegeanWeather29-19-2020.jpg.63e3e9aba1cf6c21855e5250da67fd88.jpg

📷: windy.com

We'll have to see where the ships track over the next day or so.  

Edited by twangster
  • Thanks 1