How about a "I'm looking forward to....." thread?

BermudaBound2014

There is quite a difference of opinion on when cruise lines will start to sail from the USA; however I believe that most here on CC agree that they will sail again, it's just a matter of time. Whether that time is 2020, 2021, 2022 no one knows, but let's leave those discussions for another thread.

How about we post here what we are most looking forward to once cruising resumes? I'm most looking forward to.....

1) The moment I step onboard. It's always a bit magical to feel the hum of the engines underfoot.

2) Cheering the moment muster ends. 

3) Feeling the ocean breeze with a cool drink in my hand.

4) Planning. That may sound weird to most, but I can't bring myself to plan another cruise just yet and I miss the research.

5) Watching the webcams when I'm not onboard.

I imagine we will all be quite excited to witness the first USA sailing!!! That will be a beautiful day.

• Like 3

We are looking forward to being onboard a ship again.

With 2 cruises cancelled and no planning to do until next year, it will be a long year.

Totally Agree- the best moment is finally boarding and getting a drink in hand.

After the planning and anticipation, the reality on finally getting onboard is the best feeling.

Here in Seattle, it is sad to see the piers downtown. No ships in port.

Normally, we can see 2-3 cruise ships in port each day.

We usually sail to Alaska each year, jumping on a last minute offers.  No travel to Alaska this year.  We are sad for our friends in Juneau, Skagway and Ketchikan.  Our visits with them will have to wait another year .

Makes us appreciate what we used to take for granted.

• Like 1

We will be thrilled to be on any ship, anywhere.  Pulling out of home port is just magical.

We're hoping our next cruise will be on Armonia, which is what we had booked for April and May.  But we won't be too fussy; if we get to sail out of Baltimore (no flights needed) on a last-minute cruise, we probably will.  And we will try to make up for lost time (and lost job, so no seasonal restrictions) and do some makeup cruises.

I just can't wait!

• Like 2

I too love the planning, looking up all of the destinations we're travelling to and deciding on our excursions. Our cruises are generally to new destinations for us. 

Watching the webcams and seeing where the ship is. Lots of ship YouTube tours if it's a new ship and generally being so excited for the trip. 

I love the moment you step onboard and the MSC fragrance is inhaled. Knowing the cruise is finally beginning. 

Then the discovery of the ship, I like to explore again if it's a ship we've sailed before.  Meeting all of the crew, checking out all of the lovely food and drinks. 

It'll be a long time I fear until we're able to experience the feeling again but it's a magical feeling. 

Edited by CruisingFox27
  • Like 3

I like the planning as well. I have a New Year's Eve cruise booked and I don't know if it will really sail, but I wish that MSC would show me excursion options, because that's the next thing I want to plan! I'm looking forward to that first sunrise at sea with some coffee on our balcony!

• Like 1

LOVE these so far! It's not surprising that those of us on CC like the planning part :). 

For awhile I was watching cruise mapper and looking at all the cruise ships sitting idle of the coast of Florida was really really sad. For the first time in months there was significant movement of cruise ships yesterday, unfortunately it was movement to avoid a hurricane and not movement to board passengers :(.

Please keep your "looking forward' ideas coming, it's helping me get back in the spirit of travel.

• Like 1

• That moment when you clear security and take you first step on the gangway to the ship. Such an awesome feeling. 
  • The first cocktail on board, generally looking over the railings at the port - always take a deep breath, and relax. My life is now, briefly, about me and my enjoyment. 

I'm doing so much planning, with contingency plans for contingency plans. When we can go, I'll be ready. 

• Like 2

All the planning, excitement and counting the days. First glance of the ship on the way to the port. Stepping on board. First glance of the atrium, first lunch, setting sail, ocean breeze....I'm looking forward to the time when all this will be a reality again. I am looking forward to finally visiting Ocean Cay. This could have been our reality in April. Then covid happened. But most of all I'm looking forward to the time when cc message board becomes a lively place again discussing staterooms, drinks, meals, excursions instead of refunds, cancellations and FCC's and this whole covid nightmare. 

• Like 4

Even though we live in Florida, we go to Miami a day early so we're relaxed when we board. We always stay beach side, so we can take the MacCarthur Causeway across and see the lineup of ships. It gives me a chill every time.

• Like 3

I'm still very new to cruising, having only 1 under my belt, September 2019 on the Seaview round-trip from Barcelona so I'm still very much in the research phase, YouTube videos of embarkation in different ports.

I'm really excited for June 2021 on the Seaside from Genoa. We have a couple of friends coming with us; one of them thinks going on a cruise will be right up his street. About once a week I share details that I picked up, funny stories etc. to keep the excitement going. 10 months can be a long time.

For me, my holiday starts once I get to the airport to fly out to my destination. But once I see the ship in port, or any ship, I'll be like an over excited kid who's had too much money to spend in the sweet shop! The checking in, walking past those who are waiting (Aurea priority boarding), and finally getting on board.

One of my favourite things is people watching. Having a nice glass of champagne, watching people wonder by, the different languages, the wide variety in outfits. It's fantastic! Then there's the food... I'm a fan of MSC food, at least from my 1 trip experience. I like the nice slower European style service, really good variety of food in the buffet. 

I could go on and on and on...

• Like 4

Normally I love the day a cruise is booked and I can start to count down. It's a little boring when it's over 500! Much better with 100 or 10! Now we don't know when we will be able to cruise again so I miss that part! 

I'm also looking forward to when we arrive at Arlanda, our airport, the day before we shall fly to the town where we shall embark. Relax, print boarding cards and luggage tags and have a nice dinner. We also drink a bottle of Champagne in our room the night before we shall fly.

If we shall embark in Miami or Barcelona I'm looking forward to a glass of Champagne in Cathay Pacifics lounge on Heathrow.

I'm also looking forward to see our ship for the first time. That's often early in the morning on embarkation day. It's so wonderful to see that the ship has arrived to pick us up! 

I'm also looking forward to wait at the terminal for the Yacht Club check in to open.

• Like 3

I'm looking forward to booking my first Yacht club. I'm more than happy in aurea cabins, but I'd like to try YC for the experience and to have access to the whole ship. I'm a little way off doing this but its still very much there.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Kevin79 said:

I'm looking forward to booking my first Yacht club. I'm more than happy in aurea cabins, but I'd like to try YC for the experience and to have access to the whole ship. I'm a little way off doing this but its still very much there.

Don't worry YC is a little way off being available for anyway (sadly) 😉

On 8/5/2020 at 12:32 PM, Kevin79 said:

It's something to look forward to and I think that is what many, many of us truly need at this time!

• Like 1

On 7/30/2020 at 5:15 PM, BermudaBound2014 said:

There is quite a difference of opinion on when cruise lines will start to sail from the USA; however I believe that most here on CC agree that they will sail again, it's just a matter of time. Whether that time is 2020, 2021, 2022 no one knows, but let's leave those discussions for another thread.

How about we post here what we are most looking forward to once cruising resumes? I'm most looking forward to.....

1) The moment I step onboard. It's always a bit magical to feel the hum of the engines underfoot.

2) Cheering the moment muster ends. 

3) Feeling the ocean breeze with a cool drink in my hand.

4) Planning.

That may sound weird to most, but I can't bring myself

to plan another cruise just yet and I miss the research.

5) Watching the webcams when I'm not onboard.

I imagine we will all be quite excited to witness the first USA sailing!!!

That will be a beautiful day.

Thanks for your Post/Thread.

Catherine and I plan many months ahead .

After many cruises, we have missed our last two.

I believe, half the cruise is the research and looking forward.

We still have one planned/booked for Viking in November of 2021.

I am just hoping to live that long.  

Edited by $hip$hape
  • Like 1

I’m looking forward to MSC Seaside coming to Port Canaveral in 2021, and me sailing my first back to back cruises (Covid permitting).

The current offers (double discount,  double points, and onboard credit for Voyagers Club, kids sail free promotion, as well as the ability to cancel until 48 hours prior to departure) made the decision to book a no-brainer. 

With all of the discounts combined, we’ll be sailing for $23pppn in a Bella Balcony. 

• Like 1

We have B2B booked for YC in 2021 and fingers crossed we sail.

We enjoy the planning and ship experience...the MSC european flair. 

Looking fwd to seeing new YC menus/bar menu etc

Sail Away--I will be the one with the Kleenex...sniff...as I just love the sound of the horns and the sea breeze.

Watched part of the vid of Sail Away from Genova - MSC Grandiosa.  Looked lovely and I was surprised at how sentimental I felt.

Edited by Fogfog
  • Like 2