Mitsugirly just returned from 2 week stay in St Thomas

mitsugirly

Kim I thought of you when I read this recent post on snorkeling STJ...seems we had a discussion on this somewhere...?

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147409-i432-k13435200-Maho_or_Cinnamon_Bay_beach_for_the_day-St_John_U_S_Virgin_Islands.html

Edited by blue_water

• 1 month later...

Not sure how many people are still following this thread, but since we didn't get our passports back in time for another "out of the US vacation", we decided to spend 10 days in Florida and hit up most of the Disney theme parks. If you are interested, I am starting a review on it on my website. 

• Like 5

Kim, nice to hear from you.  Was beginning to wonder if something happened with your leg or corona since been 2 months from last post but glad your back and look forward to another land review.

The Ump

John

15 hours ago, mitsugirly said:

Not sure how many people are still following this thread, but since we didn't get our passports back in time for another "out of the US vacation", we decided to spend 10 days in Florida and hit up most of the Disney theme parks. If you are interested, I am starting a review on it on my website. 

Clicked on the link in your sig, can't find a Disney vacation.

28 minutes ago, broberts said:

Clicked on the link in your sig, can't find a Disney vacation.

I think we need to "stay tuned" on this one.  She is just beginning to put it together. 

Kim,  sorry to hear about the stressful times you and your family have been going through.  I was happy to stumble across your thread and look forward to reading about STT and Florida.

Just stumbled on this today of STT. I read all the comments. I will read your review later tonight. We spent 7 days at Sapphire Beach last March before covid got really bad & you had to wear mask. We haven't been anywhere since & I'm so bored sitting home.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/2/2021 at 7:35 PM, mitsugirly said:

I've clicked on the link to your website to read the review of Disney because I love to read your reviews.

However, your website is incredibly difficult to navigate.  When I finally find Disney there's just a bunch of pics. 

I've been reading the Disney review as well.  I think I was able to read pages 1-7 but nothing loads for day 8 besides the title.  I'm assuming that's how far you've gotten, Kim.  I've been to Disney many times but it's great to get a current perspective for our upcoming trip.  Thanks so much for sharing all of the details! I enjoyed the St. Thomas review as well and hope to visit there on a cruise in 2022. 🤞

On 1/3/2021 at 8:39 PM, CruisinMama2003 said:

Loving the Disney review so far! You crack me up the way you tell stories of things like the passport 🤣

But.....oh my goodness THIS HOUSE!! What in the world went on in there 😲

Aww thanks for the compliments. I appreciate it. Yea, the house...oh em gee!

On 1/9/2021 at 2:17 PM, bettyboop16 said:

Just stumbled on this today of STT. I read all the comments. I will read your review later tonight. We spent 7 days at Sapphire Beach last March before covid got really bad & you had to wear mask. We haven't been anywhere since & I'm so bored sitting home.

St Thomas was AMAZING as always. I hope to get back there again for another land vacation once things calm down.

12 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

I've clicked on the link to your website to read the review of Disney because I love to read your reviews.

However, your website is incredibly difficult to navigate.  When I finally find Disney there's just a bunch of pics. 

Aww, I'm so sorry you are having difficulty with the website. I tried to make it as user friendly as possible. Are you on a computer or phone? I know the phone doesn't work right and you need to use a computer. 

At the top you will find listings and just go over to the one marked "LAND" and hover over it and a drop down box appears and you go down to the last one that says "WALT DISNEY" and that will drop you off at the first page. Each page is pretty much listed as a new day (other than day 1). At the end of each day you can click the link at the bottom and will take you to the next page. Or you can always come back and at the top of each page you will see the days listed and you can just click them. 

I'm not sure why you are seeing just a bunch of pictures. There's an entire review with the pictures. I haven't had anyone else tell me they are having this problem. Maybe it's taking a long time for you internet to download everything? Or, like I said, you are trying to view it on your phone and in if that's the case, then that's probably the problem. 

I hope you're able to figure it out. 

3 hours ago, 1stTIMECRUZER said:

I've been reading the Disney review as well.  I think I was able to read pages 1-7 but nothing loads for day 8 besides the title.  I'm assuming that's how far you've gotten, Kim.  I've been to Disney many times but it's great to get a current perspective for our upcoming trip.  Thanks so much for sharing all of the details! I enjoyed the St. Thomas review as well and hope to visit there on a cruise in 2022. 🤞

Yea, after I finish a day, I just create a new page until I'm done with it and then I post it live. So if you see a page that just has the heading, that's why. 

I hope to return and do the other theme parks we missed real soon. We had such a good time. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mitsugirly said:

Just an FYI...the entire review is complete now. 

I hope everyone enjoys it. 

I finished reading the entire review and enjoyed it as usual. Thanks for sharing with us. Without ruining the ending for anyone who hasn’t read it, I can’t believe how that situation turned out!! What are the chances that those people lived 15 minutes from you!! I always say that I believe most people are good, honest people and your situation really proved that.....thank goodness!! Thanks again for the review.

Mitsugirly, I just wanted to say thank you so much for all the time and effort you put into your reviews and trip reports.  I find myself excited when the next day of a report gets posted.  I've had 6 trips cancelled since this pandemic began, but at least i get to travel vicariously through you and your family.  Maybe one day, we will actually get to cruise together in person.  Keep up the good work!

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/2/2021 at 7:35 PM, mitsugirly said:

Kim, 

Great review as always.  Thanks for taking the time.  

Kendra and family at Disney & Orlando would have added more drama and fun to this vacation review.  Her interaction with you is always so enjoyable to read.

Bruce...

On 1/19/2021 at 10:10 PM, blarko said:

I finished reading the entire review and enjoyed it as usual. Thanks for sharing with us. Without ruining the ending for anyone who hasn’t read it, I can’t believe how that situation turned out!! What are the chances that those people lived 15 minutes from you!! I always say that I believe most people are good, honest people and your situation really proved that.....thank goodness!! Thanks again for the review.

Wasn't that amazing? We got really lucky and so grateful that things turned out the way they did. 

On 1/20/2021 at 2:56 AM, o-state girl said:

Mitsugirly, I just wanted to say thank you so much for all the time and effort you put into your reviews and trip reports.  I find myself excited when the next day of a report gets posted.  I've had 6 trips cancelled since this pandemic began, but at least i get to travel vicariously through you and your family.  Maybe one day, we will actually get to cruise together in person.  Keep up the good work!

Thanks so much for your comments. 

I am seriously am having cruise withdrawal and can't wait until cruising is opened back up. I never realized just how much until recently and not cruising for over a year + now. 😞 

On 1/24/2021 at 7:14 PM, akba15 said:

Thank you for the reviews!  I am traveling "through you" and so enjoy the trip write ups!  Thank you!  I can't wait to cruise again!  Now I need to consider a land vacation!

You are welcome and glad you for enjoying them. Definitely consider a land vacation...well worth it to experience the entire island and take your time and see it all. 

On 2/8/2021 at 2:13 PM, my_crib_too said:

Kim, 

Great review as always.  Thanks for taking the time.  

Kendra and family at Disney & Orlando would have added more drama and fun to this vacation review.  Her interaction with you is always so enjoyable to read.

Bruce...

Thanks so much and I appreciate it. 

Yea, I shared that with Kendra and she laughed and agreed with you 😉 She's currently trying to plan a Florida vacation for us real soon...as in REAL soon, like less than 2 weeks soon and I'm not sure if it will happen, but if it does, you guys will be the first to know with a new review. 

On 2/14/2021 at 3:55 PM, mickeyhereicome said:

Can you tell me who you rented the van from?

Are you talking about for the St Thomas trip or Orlando?

On 2/16/2021 at 12:59 PM, mitsugirly said:

Wasn't that amazing? We got really lucky and so grateful that things turned out the way they did. 

Thanks so much for your comments. 

I am seriously am having cruise withdrawal and can't wait until cruising is opened back up. I never realized just how much until recently and not cruising for over a year + now. 😞 

You are welcome and glad you for enjoying them. Definitely consider a land vacation...well worth it to experience the entire island and take your time and see it all. 

Thanks so much and I appreciate it. 

Yea, I shared that with Kendra and she laughed and agreed with you 😉 She's currently trying to plan a Florida vacation for us real soon...as in REAL soon, like less than 2 weeks soon and I'm not sure if it will happen, but if it does, you guys will be the first to know with a new review. 

Are you talking about for the St Thomas trip or Orlando?

The St Thomas portion. 

On 2/17/2021 at 3:10 PM, CruisinMama2003 said:

Can't wait for the FL review! Sure hope ya'll are able to go 😃

I think I have decided not to go. These girls (Kendra and her friends) are just too "spur of the moment" for me. I'm a planner and they can't decide if they are going to Destin, Panama Beach or now it's changed to possibly Clearwater. They haven't even booked their room and they leave in 2 days! Nope, I can't handle that indecisiveness and last minute planning. I'm not a "driver of long distances" so I would be flying and booking a few days ahead of time = more expensive. 

On 2/23/2021 at 11:58 AM, mickeyhereicome said:

The St Thomas portion. 

We used My Car Rental VI (dot com) and they were absolutely amazing!

Totally understand the whole "spur of the moment" thing, I couldn't do that either! I'm a planner too, and I've got to have lots of time to look into hotels, things to do, etc etc 

IF something does work out, whether it is with Kendra n friends or not, let us here on this thread know, we LOVE your reviews 😁

Stay safe & healthy Kim and family!

On 2/26/2021 at 8:26 AM, CruisinMama2003 said:

Totally understand the whole "spur of the moment" thing, I couldn't do that either! I'm a planner too, and I've got to have lots of time to look into hotels, things to do, etc etc 

IF something does work out, whether it is with Kendra n friends or not, let us here on this thread know, we LOVE your reviews 😁

Stay safe & healthy Kim and family!

She left without me.  😭  She headed down friday night and is enjoying a really nice place with a water park right on the beach at Clearwater. 

However, I just booked my next vacation in 1 month! Cozumel Mexico here we come!