Another covid positive cruise

4 hours ago, crzndeb said:

My daughter had a friend, went to one clinic and tested positive and another clinic and tested negative (2 different labs). Went back a week later and same results from each clinic...things that make you go hmmmmmm.

Also a poster on Carnival board had 2 fellow employees who were supposed to go to Walgreens/CVS for testing and didn’t show up....both received a call they were positive.

I think I would definitely get 2 tests from different places, just to verify. 

Our friend’s (a nurse) dad recently went to the ER with chest issues and was diagnosed with Covid-19 without actually being tested.  Our friend, after hearing about the situation and due to her background, insisted that they actually test her dad and guess what?   The test came back negative.  It ended up that he actually had pneumonia and not Covid-19. 

There are definitely inaccuracies going on.  

1 minute ago, atgood said:

Our friend’s (a nurse) dad recently went to the ER with chest issues and was diagnosed with Covid-19 without actually being tested.  Our friend, after hearing about the situation and due to her background, insisted that they actually test her dad and guess what?   The test came back negative.  It ended up that he actually had pneumonia and not Covid-19. 

There are definitely inaccuracies going on.  

On the other side as well.  Many of those who died at home from COVID-19 were never reported.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, yogimax said:

Yes, that's  the question.   Other nations have more accurate tests than we do.  Why?   

The US at least prior to this Pandemic was viewed as the leader of the Western / Modern world in wealth, and technology capability 

The list of things that we dragged our feet, missmanged and wasted that is long and testing and accuracy of it is is one of many ( masks, consistent rules, etc. etc. etc. ) 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

No, but I know there is/was a poker player (Canada?) with the same name, also from Romania...

Dani is short from Daniela, Negreanu is my maiden name, and, since I was an only daughter, it's a way to keep [the name] it "alive"...

Both of my daughters are married.One chose to keep her maiden name because had she not I would have been the last of the .........

56 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

One chose to keep her maiden name because had she not I would have been the last of the .........

I planned to keep it.

But, turns out that it was automatically switched to my DH's.

[You can't marry in a civil ceremony here, only a religious one, and, therefore I'm my DH's "propriety".....]

In the end, we decided to "compromise" and choose ourselves a nice Hebrew family name (he also had a "maiden" German name).

Our son didn't want a religious ceremony, they took their wows in front the whole family and friends, and he's living "in sin" with our DIL 😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

I planned to keep it.

But, turns out that it was automatically switched to my DH's.

[You can't marry in a civil ceremony here, only a religious one, and, therefore I'm my DH's "propriety".....]

In the end, we decided to "compromise" and choose ourselves a nice Hebrew family name (he also had a "maiden" German name).

Our son didn't want a religious ceremony, they took their wows in front the whole family and friends, and he's living "in sin" with our DIL 😁

Did you have the opportunity to hyphenate?  Our oldest daughter added her maiden name to her husband's with a hyphen.  Interestingly, our youngest daughter choose to officially change her middle name to her maiden name.  Gotta keep those strange looking Czech names around!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Did you have the opportunity to hyphenate? 

Gotta keep those strange looking Czech names around - absolutely.

Yes, but the only possibility was to add my maiden name to DH's. Here people tend to "frown upon" hyphenated names... namely, "who do u think u r that u have to keep your maiden name"?😛

We're happy with our new, "neutral" family name.

• Like 1