November 30th dilemma

jxtgreek

Hoping someone could offer some advice.  We were originally on Radiance out of Port Canaveral on 11/30, then got switched to the Breeze.  I have a final payment due on 8/30 for $500.  My wife already said she isn't going on this cruise and wants me to cancel it.  Should I wait, pay the final balance and see if Carnival cancels for me or should I just cancel now.  I liked the extra $200 they gave us when we were moved to the Breeze plus I had another $200 from a promotion that I know I will lose if I did the canceling.  By waiting and seeing if Carnival does the canceling there is the prospect of that additional $600 OBC for a future cruise.  I know in the end it's just money.  Any suggestions?

I would go ahead and make the final payment. It is 100 percent likely they will cancel November, probably on 8/31 or a few days into September. LOL. Assess the Covid situation when they do cancel and then make a decision to rebook or just get a refund and call it a day. If Covid is still a problem with cases similar to now take the refund. If cases are falling and some small cruise lines are sailing without problems then take the FCC/OBC and rebook.

I’d do what your wife has asked you to do.  Cancel and forget about all the potential deals you may get in the future.  Preserve marital harmony and think about another cruise in the future when planning is more certain.

• Like 9

9 hours ago, d9704011 said:

I’d do what your wife has asked you to do.  Cancel and forget about all the potential deals you may get in the future.  Preserve marital harmony and think about another cruise in the future when planning is more certain.

Or find a new wife. 😉

• Haha 2

It doesn't matter what I would do.

If she wants you to cancel, cancel.  It would just be a stupid cruise anyway (if it sails which is .00000001% chance) with masks and distancing and all kinds of crazy rules....very unenjoyable.

She sounds smart!

• Like 2

If you know you aren't going, why not make final payment and let Carnival camcel. With the FCC, you can reschedule and have a paid off cruise and extra OBC waiting for your for 2021 or 2022. Of course, if this would be a financial hardship, then don't do it.

13 hours ago, jxtgreek said:

Hoping someone could offer some advice.  We were originally on Radiance out of Port Canaveral on 11/30, then got switched to the Breeze.  I have a final payment due on 8/30 for $500. 

My wife already said she isn't going on this cruise and wants me to cancel it. 

Should I wait, pay the final balance and see if Carnival cancels for me or should I just cancel now.  I liked the extra $200 they gave us when we were moved to the Breeze plus I had another $200 from a promotion that I know I will lose if I did the canceling.  By waiting and seeing if Carnival does the canceling there is the prospect of that additional $600 OBC for a future cruise.  I know in the end it's just money.  Any suggestions?

20200806-112318.jpg

✌️

• Like 2

I am with those who say to cancel.  If your wife has already said no, then there is no reason to tie up more money in hopes that they cancel.  I was in a similar situation for our September cruise.  I waited until the day before our final payment was due and then called and cancelled.  I had the deposit transferred to a cruise we already had booked for next year.  That was on a Friday.  On that following Monday, Carnival cancelled all September cruises.  I was surprised when I received an email from Carnival about the offers I could take, but then I noticed this little note:  "Carnival will honor this offer for any guests who were previously booked on these voyages and cancelled their booking on or after March 6, 2020."  Not sure this will continue to be the case, but it was for us.  I didn't know this prior to cancelling, but I was not going to tie up another $1,400 in a cruise that my wife had no intention of taking.

Just checked the information on the website about the most recent cancellations.  The clause is included again. "Carnival will honor this offer for any guests who were previously booked on voyages departing October 31, 2020 or prior and canceled their booking on or after March 6, 2020."  Again, that's no guarantee they will continue to do that with future cancellations, but they did again for this round.

• Like 1

We were facing the same issue for our October sailing. Some people in our part HAD to cancel due to work. We all went ahead and canceled before the final payment, so we would only be out of $67 each IF Carnival did not cancel. Of course they canceled the next week. But the refund form said that they honor a full refund for anyone who canceled on or after March 6th. So filled out the form and assumed I will get the entire deposit refunded now.

But IF, Carnival does not cancel for whatever reason, then you are out of it.

My Nov. 30 sailing on the Liberty has gone up over $200 in price since I booked. Could this be an indication of the cruise sailing? I was hoping it would be cancelled to receive the refund since i'm still hesitant to cruise. I booked back in May with the hope that the current situation would be over by then. (I know, silly me lol)

Does the jump in price mean nothing and chances still high that it will cancel? 

13 hours ago, kitten816 said:

Cruise is November 1st, 14 day out of Galveston. Is the $600 OBC for the future, only if they cancel?

That cruise is not happening. Itinerary too long and visits too many countries.