What Is P&O’s Pacific Dawn’s Fate

1 hour ago, SinbadThePorter said:

I offer ten quid. 🤑

I have a model of her when she was Regal Princess as we were on her last cruise as Regal, in sept 2007, la to syd, I would  get more than ten quid  for the model, lol.

9 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

When Rod said  ,

Floating disease infested garbage cans 

He probably had Pacific Dawn in mind 

She was a great ship as Regal, until P and O Straya got her in 2007.

14 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

We have been on several cruises on the Pacific Dawn, the last one in January this year. We enjoyed every one. We prefer Princess, but when we were able to cruise on the Pacific Dawn for a great price, we took it.

Did they keep the bronze bengal tiger in one of the lounges from Regal?

11 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Did they keep the bronze bengal tiger in one of the lounges from Regal?

It used to be in one of the bars but was shifted a few years ago. The last time I saw the tiger it was on one side of the Dome on deck 14. The last couple of times we were on the ship I didn't go past that area so I can't be sure that it is still there.

Edited by Aus Traveller

55 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

When Rod said  ,

Floating disease infested garbage cans 

He probably had Pacific Dawn in mind 

The Pacific Dawn was our first cruise and looking back, she wasn't that bad at all. We will always have fond memories of her.

Leigh

• Like 1

11 hours ago, possum52 said:

The Pacific Dawn was our first cruise and looking back, she wasn't that bad at all. We will always have fond memories of her.

Leigh

I have to admit I’ve never been on the ship. 
Just from what I’ve been told the ship has had it’s day but then anything is better than nothing.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, possum52 said:

Leigh

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

I have to admit I’ve never been on the ship. 
Just from what I’ve been told the ship has had it’s day but then anything is better than nothing.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacific_Dawn_(ship)

Read the paragraph on Concept and Construction.

She was way ahead of her time when Sitmar started to  build her  . Designed to look like a dolphin .Designed with the comforts of passengers in mind rather than the generation of dollars per sq metre.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

It used to be in one of the bars but was shifted a few years ago. The last time I saw the tiger it was on one side of the Dome on deck 14. The last couple of times we were on the ship I didn't go past that area so I can't be sure that it is still there.

In 2007 when we were on ye olde Regal,  the tiger was in the Bengal Bar, here it is in all its glory.

574445380_0154_23.06BengalLoungedeck7P4230161.jpg.cc7665b6a6303a0ff957698a5db945f5.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NSWP said:

In 2007 when we were on ye olde Regal,  the tiger was in the Bengal Bar, here it is in all its glory.

574445380_0154_23.06BengalLoungedeck7P4230161.jpg.cc7665b6a6303a0ff957698a5db945f5.jpg

I wasn't ever on the ship when she was the Regal Princess, but the tiger stayed in that bar in the ship's first few years with P&O before being shifted 'upstairs'.

Just now, Aus Traveller said:

I wasn't ever on the ship when she was the Regal Princess, but the tiger stayed in that bar in the ship's first few years with P&O before being shifted 'upstairs'.

The dome area was great.

When first Pacific Aria started heading for the Suez a few days ago her destination was given as Suez-Cyprus.  Perhaps they will join the ships already there.  Limassol is advertised as a good/friendly place for a hot/warm layup.

The following was reported 2 months ago: 

Six Carnival cruise ships choose Limassol for lay-up

The six Carnival cruise ships will lay-up with crew on board until the cruise industry resumes, unlikely before October, according to leading operators.
The four-year-old Bahamas-flagged Seabourn Encore docked at Moni on May 29 and two days later the brand-new Sky Princess flying the Bermuda flag, offering passers-by an amazing sight.
A third Carnival cruise ship is imminent, with three more to follow.
“The vessels will be paying fees for anchorage, will be ordering goods and services from local suppliers to support the crews on board (there are no passengers) and will be utilising local companies to provide technical support and assistance,” the Deputy Ministry of Shipping announced.

From the Financial Mirror/June 3rd

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ondine said:

When first Pacific Aria started heading for the Suez a few days ago her destination was given as Suez-Cyprus.  Perhaps they will join the ships already there.  Limassol is advertised as a good/friendly place for a hot/warm layup.

The following was reported 2 months ago: 

Six Carnival cruise ships choose Limassol for lay-up

The six Carnival cruise ships will lay-up with crew on board until the cruise industry resumes, unlikely before October, according to leading operators.
The four-year-old Bahamas-flagged Seabourn Encore docked at Moni on May 29 and two days later the brand-new Sky Princess flying the Bermuda flag, offering passers-by an amazing sight.
A third Carnival cruise ship is imminent, with three more to follow.
“The vessels will be paying fees for anchorage, will be ordering goods and services from local suppliers to support the crews on board (there are no passengers) and will be utilising local companies to provide technical support and assistance,” the Deputy Ministry of Shipping announced.

From the Financial Mirror/June 3rd

Good that the cruise ships are supporting local suppliers when anchored awaiting the day of freedom.