L&S to Odyssey Sailings

4 minutes ago, irishgal432 said:

That may be the issue since there is no corresponding cabin to be cut and dry. Good luck!  Hopefully you will get a sc 

I’m sure you’re right. I’ll know soon I guess. Thanks for the luck !

4 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

We did an Empress to Symphony shift that was upside down 7 grand.

Ditto! 

58 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I had our TA handle it from the get go.

Smart TA's make it simple.

Which Symphony cruise? We are March '22.

1 hour ago, irishgal432 said:

That may be the issue since there is no corresponding cabin to be cut and dry. Good luck!  Hopefully you will get a sc 

A friend of ours had an Empress RS and he ended up with a GS on Harmony.  SC would be a massive switch

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, OACAggie said:

If I looked at your signature, I guess I wouldn't have had to ask.😔

We are 12th.

I need to update it now😉

We get off on Laura's birthday

Edited by John&LaLa

30 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

A friend of ours had an Empress RS and he ended up with a GS on Harmony.  SC would be a massive switch

Good to know. I was curious as to how it would work from Empress. Glad I didn’t take the chance and stick with the Os. 

6 minutes ago, irishgal432 said:

Good to know. I was curious as to how it would work from Empress. Glad I didn’t take the chance and stick with the Os. 

That really doesn't make any sense but that would be typical of Royal.

I've told them that I will accept an OS but nothing lower.  My TA got a "good" agent and apparently he's willing to help figure this out for us.  I noticed that the RLS is no longer in inventory on the cruise we are looking to move to....not that that really means anything.  Fingers crossed, though

• Like 1

7 hours ago, swoopy2110 said:

What is the problem you are having ?

Original booking was a guarantee  double ocean view balcony on Allure for a single passenger (me).  

I L&S this to Odyssey for August 2021.

Problem is there were no single occupancy balcony guarantees  available  - so RC have added a 2nd passenger to the new L&S booking. I am now sharing a room with myself.   

The new invoice is a scary amount of money and much higher than the original. It is also more than double the price of the other 2 identical guarantee cabins I have booked for the rest of my family. Those 2 bookings have been repriced correctly because there were 2 passengers in those.

They won't issue me with a new correct invoice until a guarantee solo cabin becomes available.  I was also told by the same operator that there are unlikely to be any solo guarantees until close to sail date and there possibly won't be any at all if the ship is sold out.  Eh?  I really am scratching my head at that one.  So why did they accept the L&S?

In the unlikely event a solo balcony guarantee were to become available there is a possibility that it could happen after final payment. 

There is a very real chance that I won't have a correct invoice to make payment against. 

How does that work?

I have been doing a dummy booking online every day looking for solo guarantees because I have no faith that  RC's  IT system has the automatic capability if doing it by itself. 

RC's  plan is to remove my imaginary doppelganger once I have been assigned a cabin. They will not assign me a cabin early.

Every operator/supervisor/manager I have spoken to has put me on hold, often  for hours and then fobbed me off and not resolved anything or called back when they assured me they would.  

Sorry if I've  repeated myself - I'm on my phone and it's not easy to edit.

All I want is a correct invoice.

I don't think think that my request is unreasonable. 

Thank you to little britain for the free phone number. I will try once more. 

9 hours ago, RFerrington said:

I am currently trying to L&S an Empress RS to Odyssey and they are denying.  I have a friend who L&S OS to OS from Empress to Odyssey just last week.  Very frustrating.  What's really interesting is that the online tool shows the Odyssey sailing as an option but the CSR aren't allowing it.  Next step is to have my TA do the online L&S.  If I'm not happy with the cabin category assignment I will just CWC and get an FCC.

The RS on Empress is the equivalent of an OS on the Odyssey, the problem is that there are only 2 OS’s on Odyssey that may be already taken.  

it shows up as the itinerary is acceptable for the shift.  It does not take into account the cabin category.

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

They have denied the L&S to Odyssey even though the website shows it as a legitimate option. There is an OS in inventory.  I have asked my TA to try the online L&S.  If that fails I will just CWC for an FCC.

That’s now typical if you try to do it over the phone.  They have the agents working off a smaller list of acceptable sailings (the less expensive ones)

I always use the on line tool and then where I was in a similar position as you are I had to wait 8-10 day’s for someone from Royal to call me to find an acceptable cabin to switch the RS to.  

8 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

They have denied the L&S to Odyssey even though the website shows it as a legitimate option. There is an OS in inventory.  I have asked my TA to try the online L&S.  If that fails I will just CWC for an FCC.

Is there an OS on your current empress sailing?  Switch to that then do the L&S online.

Did one today (OS Empress to OS Odyssey) submitted on line at 6:30 am and had an e mail confirmation by 10am.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

March 5, I tend to have one around the first week of every month starting Nov '21

Hey, I'm on that March 5th on Symphony as well.  I'm on the Harmony cruise just prior to yours, so I'll be getting off the ship as you're getting on.  

• Like 1

Ken, thank you for your helpful discussion.  I do appreciate it.  I hope it doesn’t take 8-10 days for them to get back in touch.  Final payment is in 4 days and I would like not NOT have to make final payment if I can help it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

Ken, thank you for your helpful discussion.  I do appreciate it.  I hope it doesn’t take 8-10 days for them to get back in touch.  Final payment is in 4 days and I would like not NOT have to make final payment if I can help it.

I would do the shift on line and then call them the second day after you request the shift.    Hope you can get it resolved.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1