Where was I?

We were there in 2006. We'd been staying in Kyoto for a few days then took the train to Hiroshima, spent a few hours looking around then went over to Miyajima for the night. Next day we caught the train back to Tokyo and on to the airport to fly home. It was a very quick trip to Hiroshima. We had an okonomiyaki lunch in Hiroshima - I tried the one with local oysters in it, very nice.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

1 hour ago, Bowm54 said:

Thats the place. We were there last year and took a very interesting tour of the mazda factory. Was astounded to learn oysters are being farmed in the local river.

Had a very spacious apartment in Kyoto and took day trips by bullet train most days using JR pass. Every day provided new experiences..

Interestin Japan, I liked it, wife did not like the food

Edited by NSWP

42 minutes ago, vada_9 said:

Correct, outside the Railway station - supposed to be in the top 10 most beautiful stations in the world.

on the list i found ...yes number 10   and good old dunedin railway station  is 16th  the only one in top 20 close to home..

Cheers Don

Edited by getting older slowly

51 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Correct.

Do you know which island?

Conflict Island Group is part of Papua New Guinea, I think it is one of the nicest islands I have ever visited for the day.

Panasesa? (Not sure if the spelling is correct.)

Edited by Aus Traveller
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Correct.

Do you know which island?

Conflict Island Group is part of Papua New Guinea, I think it is one of the nicest islands I have ever visited for the day.

Just out of bed to see I've finally scored. I don't recall the name of the actual island but I experienced the best ever snorkelling I've ever done. Will have to go to my photo files now. Back soon.

Edited by lyndarra