Coco Cay - still free for beach access?

I am booked for 2/14/21 on Harmony OTS.  One of the stops is Coco Cay, which shows up in my excursions list.  Does the entire experience at Coco Cay now come with a price tag?  Or can I still go by the beach area and kick back in a lounge chair for a bit?  I'm not into water parks, so I can always stay on the ship - but I was wondering how it works now.

Edited by DaisyGirl55

3 hours ago, DaisyGirl55 said:

I am booked for 2/14/21 on Harmony OTS.  One of the stops is Coco Cay, which shows up in my excursions list.  Does the entire experience at Coco Cay now come with a price tag?  Or can I still go by the beach area and kick back in a lounge chair for a bit?  I'm not into water parks, so I can always stay on the ship - but I was wondering how it works now.

There is no need to spend a penny during your day at CocoCay.  Lots of loungers and umbrellas, all over.  At the pool, at the beach.  

And the new food offerings are EXCELLENT.  Much better than the old CocoCay.  But the seagulls are still there - beware!  😉 

• Like 2

The definition of free is to pay no money, but you did pay for it already.  It is a day on a ship, with 3 meals and entertainment.  Just like on the ship, you do not need to pay extra for food (included in your price) or pay to swim on the beach (just like the swimming pool).    

Just like any port, there are items that you can do extra.  Water park, jet ski, zip line, etc.  Just like other ports, you can have a private beach excursion, which the island has.  Want an upgraded food experience?  Sure you can do that also and specialty restaurants on the beach.  

So it is no different than any other port, pay for extra things you want, and if you just want to walk around, and lounge on a beach, than do so

11 minutes ago, Joseph2017China said:

The definition of free is to pay no money, but you did pay for it already.  It is a day on a ship, with 3 meals and entertainment.  Just like on the ship, you do not need to pay extra for food (included in your price) or pay to swim on the beach (just like the swimming pool).    

Just like any port, there are items that you can do extra.  Water park, jet ski, zip line, etc.  Just like other ports, you can have a private beach excursion, which the island has.  Want an upgraded food experience?  Sure you can do that also and specialty restaurants on the beach.  

So it is no different than any other port, pay for extra things you want, and if you just want to walk around, and lounge on a beach, than do so

Well, if you want to get some extras, say visit some restaurant on board or order some fancy drink (or alcohol) - you will still have to pay. Usually your on board ticket includes only basic stuff - basic buffet, water and like some general entertainment. I heard that cruisers that have casions - often ask to purchase some additional pass for it 

On 8/20/2020 at 3:58 PM, DaisyGirl55 said:

We spend next to nothing at CocoCay.  We go to Chill Beach, grab our "included" loungers/umbrella, and chill for the day.  We already have a bev pkg, so the only thing we spend money on is tips.  Lunch is included - 2 buffets and the Snack Shack.  Pool is free.  You don't have to spend a dime out there unless you want to.

Edited by karena1

23 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

And the new food offerings are EXCELLENT.  Much better than the old CocoCay.  But the seagulls are still there - beware!  😉 

Absolutely true on both points.  The lunch barbecue is vastly improved.

But, as you say, beware the seagulls!

23 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

There is no need to spend a penny during your day at CocoCay.  Lots of loungers and umbrellas, all over.  At the pool, at the beach.  

I agree. Cococay was the best. Also the DJ played the best music. And the food is free & great. Went to snack shop & had large excellent burgers. They also have delish big choc chip cookies, & funnel cakes!!(all unlimited) Stay away from the waterslide park area-that costs extra & is noisy. Didnt see seagulls, but saw chickens walking around.

Edited by EZ1
  • Like 1

On 8/20/2020 at 7:06 PM, Merion_Mom said:

Beware the chickens

• Haha 1

At the current time, the Bahamas are not letting cruise ships into their ports.  RCCL islands are in the Bahamas. 

Depending what stage the pandemic is at in the future when sailings start, there might be a possibility that these private islands might not be open.

I just hope you sail on 2/14/21

Beach access is free, the huge pool is free, loungers are free, umbrellas are free, most food is free  a children’s waterpark. Is free. 

You can pay for a large waterpark, helium balloon ride, Cabanas (some over the water some on sand) Beach beds, restricted beach club with a private pool and separate lunch area, 

Cruise drink or Internet packages that you have purchased are usable on Coco Cay. 

Items that have a charge will be listed in the planner. Plus, there is one additional bar that has food for a fee  

enjoy. 

On 8/21/2020 at 8:23 AM, Joseph2017China said:

LOL   I think the same thing when people call items that are included in the cruise fare as "free".      You already PAID for it folks, so it's complimentary.