Boarding Times Delayed on Harmony

Did our on line checkin  last week for the Harmony on Nov. 15th. and all showed complete except arrival times which were not displayed. Unable to show boarding passes as normal . This morning and addition showed up and Boarding time appeared with the first starting at 230pm, every half hour until 530pm.  We have had 5 cruises cancelled already and don't plan on this sailing either but this shows it might still be a go. Normally sail  around 430 but looks like they plan on doing a extensive sanitize like they did on the gastro after Nov. 8th cruise.  We always book Jr. suites and  are Diamond Plus   and arrive around ten so will wait and see  when any  details come out. Will probably push back sail  time to around 700.  Wonder if any other Nov cruisers have gotten any boarding delay notices?   Bob

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If true it's going to be interesting to see how that works.  What happens to all the folks that have to check out of hotels at 11am?  Where do the ones that fly in the day of and arrive 8 or 9am go?  Do they sit at the airport for hours?  Guess time will tell

• Haha 1

I had the same experience for my Nov. Oasis cruise.  Finally was able to complete check-in a couple days ago with the same boarding times as yours.

I don't expect it to sail either, but I needed to remind myself what a set sail pass looked like!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Looking at Nov cruises and with responses on both Oasis & Harmony look forward to see time sloths on  3 & 4 day  out of eastern florida. Looks like they are planning their respond to   Federal  Shutdown considerations for a possible  startup .

Its nice to be optimistic. I was optimistic about our Thanksgiving cruise...being canceled. We rebooked in March. There has not been a single hint of meeting the CDC requirements (most of them financial) that there will be no cruises until they do. Either the cruise line will have to identify how they fund it or require the passengers to agree to fund it if it is necessary. Not a small feat when the cost of quarantining an entire ship for at least 14-days. That will be about $50M+

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

And what about loyalty? Can higher levels still board first? I'm sure when it starts people will have questions

I doubt loyalty will make much difference early on - the boarding times will be spread out enough that there won't be much of a crowd.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, bigrednole said:

Its nice to be optimistic. I was optimistic about our Thanksgiving cruise...being canceled. We rebooked in March. There has not been a single hint of meeting the CDC requirements (most of them financial) that there will be no cruises until they do. Either the cruise line will have to identify how they fund it or require the passengers to agree to fund it if it is necessary. Not a small feat when the cost of quarantining an entire ship for at least 14-days. That will be about $50M+

I saw where msc said another cruise of theirs was cancelled due to lack of demand and more restrictions by Greece. .. lack of demand. Cruises arent booking up enough. Wonder how rcl cruises are booking. 

Just now, Biker19 said:

I doubt loyalty will make much difference early on - the boarding times will be spread out enough that there won't be much of a crowd.

Lol if people post thread after thread about diamond lounge I'll bet the higher tier will complain they should board first. ... wait for it.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, newcruzer2 said:

As a person who enjoys flying in the morning OF , and dislikes having to get up at 3am to do so. I hope the delayed boarding with enhanced cleaning is permanent 😁

Yes no need for hotel the night before if boarding isn't until 5 pm. 

7 minutes ago, lovescats5 said:

Still doesn't help us if boarding is that late.  Flying across country we still would not arrive on east coast until after 5:30.  Maybe with a genie boarding can be at the front of the line.  Still hoping for our Allure in Feb.

For us it depends on the city, I grow up in South Florida so I think Meh, but Seattle we fly in several days before

4 hours ago, villager70 said:

Did our on line checkin  last week for the Harmony on Nov. 15th. and all showed complete except arrival times which were not displayed. Unable to show boarding passes as normal . This morning and addition showed up and Boarding time appeared with the first starting at 230pm, every half hour until 530pm.  We have had 5 cruises cancelled already and don't plan on this sailing either but this shows it might still be a go. Normally sail  around 430 but looks like they plan on doing a extensive sanitize like they did on the gastro after Nov. 8th cruise.  We always book Jr. suites and  are Diamond Plus   and arrive around ten so will wait and see  when any  details come out. Will probably push back sail  time to around 700.  Wonder if any other Nov cruisers have gotten any boarding delay notices?   Bob

After reading your post, I completed my online check-in for the November 1st sailing on Harmony. IF we sail, we will be one of the first from Royal to sail. 2:30 was the first boarding time I could sign up for.  

4 hours ago, villager70 said:

That's the most positive news I have read to date. At least they are putting a plan together which is a good sign. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, villager70 said:

Different ship. Later cruise. Observed the same half hour check in window, first starting at 2.30.