CDC Loosens restrictions on travel.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) on Friday dropped its recommendation for travelers to quarantine for 14 days upon returning from trips overseas or out of state during the coronavirus pandemic.

Though the two-week recommendation was changed, the federal agency did caution travelers that they can still contract the novel coronavirus while traveling.

The CDC continues to recommend travelers wear masks indoors, wash hands, maintain social distancing guidelines, and monitor themselves for symptoms of COVID-19.

43 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

Hopefully the people who thought they could go back to business as usual when states began opening back up don't assume the same with this news.

Unfortunately "recommendations" don't mean anything to some.

I am totally with you on this.  Was in a Wal-Mart today and perhaps 10 to 20% wore no mask!  Another man came into a medical clinic in the same town and got belligerent about wearing a mask.  He was very nasty to the elderly woman at the entrance and rudely claimed his doctor said he didn't have to wear one.  He then proceeded to try to run people over in his electric chair to head inside.  Poor lady was flabbergasted.  This is what we must deal with in this country before we can all safely travel...need to think about others and not just ourselves.

Edited by arby70
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Some states and cities are still mandating quarantines.

Yes they are  Actually quite a few states are.  I don't see that changing anytime soon as they're basing it on numbers, not what the CDC says.

7 hours ago, arby70 said:

I am totally with you on this.  Was in a Wal-Mart today and perhaps 10 to 20% wore no mask!  Another man came into a medical clinic in the same town and got belligerent about wearing a mask.  He was very nasty to the elderly woman at the entrance and rudely claimed his doctor said he didn't have to wear one.  He then proceeded to try to run people over in his electric chair to head inside.  Poor lady was flabbergasted.  This is what we must deal with in this country before we can all safely travel...need to think about others and not just ourselves.

Hopefully he was tossed out along with his chair.  something similar happened at our local clinic, A lady on a scooter tried to barge her way in without a mask.  Somebody simply turned her scooter off and walked away with the key. Left her screaming in the parking lot. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, arby70 said:

I totally agree.

The same should apply here in the UK and the rest of the world too.

Graham.

11 hours ago, arby70 said:

I'm embarrassed for that guy. 

Saw a guy walking through Lowes with no mask.  Chest puffed out, smirk on his face, almost daring someone to challenge him for not wearing a mask.  Certainly possible that he had a medical issue that makes mask wearing difficult (daughter's BF has asthma and this is a very real issue for him), but he was putting off the "you can't make me wear a mask" vibe.  I feel bad for employees who need to confront people for not wearing a mask, although no one in Lowes seemed to be doing that.

7 hours ago, crazyank said:

Hopefully he was tossed out along with his chair.  something similar happened at our local clinic, A lady on a scooter tried to barge her way in without a mask.  Somebody simply turned her scooter off and walked away with the key. Left her screaming in the parking lot. 

That is brilliant.   Oracle status to that individual.

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Saw a guy walking through Lowes with no mask.  Chest puffed out, smirk on his face, almost daring someone to challenge him for not wearing a mask.  Certainly possible that he had a medical issue that makes mask wearing difficult (daughter's BF has asthma and this is a very real issue for him), but he was putting off the "you can't make me wear a mask" vibe.  I feel bad for employees who need to confront people for not wearing a mask, although no one in Lowes seemed to be doing that.

I also feel bad for those employee's that have to do that.  It's not fair to them to be mask police - fortunately for this country we do a pretty good job of policing/vigilance ourselves.  Perfect example is the following story -

1.)  Routine Tuesday in southwest Ohio back in early summer when our Covid19 #'s were rising up - DeWine wanted us all to wear masks

2.) Friend needed help hanging a BIG tv and running speaker wire etc etc

3.) Accompanied him to Costco to select his TV and help him load/unload.  Costco is the greatest place on earth (maybe except for private suite sundeck on Oasis ships)

4.) We parked across from a gal in a nice Escalade nearly at the same time.  I like cars and admired her nice SUV.  We happened to follow her into Costco just by shear chance.  

5.) Upon entering Costco she was asked to wear a mask by the nice guy checking Costco cards - she threw a complete tantrum about it (didn't hear her say anything about a medical issue) holding us all up from entering.

6.) My friend says he'll be right back because he "forgot his wallet" and RUNS out to his vehicle.

7.) Comes back in due time and the gal is still throwing a hissy to employees.  They finally get her to leave with pressure from employees and citizens.

8.) We get his TV and return to his vehicle.

9.) I notice the lady is standing outside her vehicle with a Costco cart ZIP-TIED to her door handle.  

That is all.

• Like 4
  • Haha 7

20 hours ago, boscobeans said:

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) on Friday dropped its recommendation for travelers to quarantine for 14 days upon returning from trips overseas or out of state during the coronavirus pandemic.

Though the two-week recommendation was changed, the federal agency did caution travelers that they can still contract the novel coronavirus while traveling.

The CDC continues to recommend travelers wear masks indoors, wash hands, maintain social distancing guidelines, and monitor themselves for symptoms of COVID-19.

The reason that this can be done is the rest of the world is in better condition than the US.   Quarantining overseas where the outbreak pales to our internal infection rate makes no sense.  We allow pretty much free travel of anyone and everyone with no real quarantine or restrictions, to allow a few people from areas with lower infection rate is NO risk at all to the larger FUBAR that is happening in the US.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

My freedom and liberty and individualism is more important than a small sacrifice for the great good of the country/community, isn't he a great American, sigh....

1 hour ago, chipmaster said:

The reason that this can be done is the rest of the world is in better condition than the US.   Quarantining overseas where the outbreak pales to our internal infection rate makes no sense.  We allow pretty much free travel of anyone and everyone with no real quarantine or restrictions, to allow a few people from areas with lower infection rate is NO risk at all to the larger FUBAR that is happening in the US.

How's it working in South Korea right now Chipper.  

41 minutes ago, TheMastodon said:

I have a colleague who's been in Korea since February. He says if someone tests positive they are forced into quarantine and tracked. It seems that they are not taking it lightly. Try doing that here in the U.S. and see what happens.

21 hours ago, DaisyGirl55 said:

I'm hoping this is a good sign that we will begin cruising again soon!

Not likely.   More likely that since covid is simply everywhere now those 14 day recommendations don't make much sense anymore.

Edited by bouhunter

3 minutes ago, Pratique said:

I have a colleague who's been in Korea since February. He says if someone tests positive they are forced into quarantine and tracked. It seems that they are not taking it lightly. Try doing that here in the U.S. and see what happens.

Is that right because their hospitals are at their “breaking point”

Stay in your home for a few years then and wait it out.  Rest of us are doing just fine.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TheMastodon said:

I also feel bad for those employee's that have to do that.  It's not fair to them to be mask police - fortunately for this country we do a pretty good job of policing/vigilance ourselves.  Perfect example is the following story -

1.)  Routine Tuesday in southwest Ohio back in early summer when our Covid19 #'s were rising up - DeWine wanted us all to wear masks

2.) Friend needed help hanging a BIG tv and running speaker wire etc etc

3.) Accompanied him to Costco to select his TV and help him load/unload.  Costco is the greatest place on earth (maybe except for private suite sundeck on Oasis ships)

4.) We parked across from a gal in a nice Escalade nearly at the same time.  I like cars and admired her nice SUV.  We happened to follow her into Costco just by shear chance.  

5.) Upon entering Costco she was asked to wear a mask by the nice guy checking Costco cards - she threw a complete tantrum about it (didn't hear her say anything about a medical issue) holding us all up from entering.

6.) My friend says he'll be right back because he "forgot his wallet" and RUNS out to his vehicle.

7.) Comes back in due time and the gal is still throwing a hissy to employees.  They finally get her to leave with pressure from employees and citizens.

8.) We get his TV and return to his vehicle.

9.) I notice the lady is standing outside her vehicle with a Costco cart ZIP-TIED to her door handle.  

That is all.

LOVE IT!!!!  🙂

7 minutes ago, TheMastodon said:

Is that right because their hospitals are at their “breaking point”

Stay in your home for a few years then and wait it out.  Rest of us are doing just fine.  

It's the non-believers who are at the center of the clusters.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Pratique said:

The Far Eastern cultures are well known for ability to follow rules, and will be enjoying dining, bar hopping and vacations and a economy that bounces back better than the sorry Freedom loving western cultures who prize freedom/individualism to infect others for my selfish good.... oh well.  

Won't be cruising anytime till 2022 I think

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheMastodon said:

Wish I was about anywhere but the Ame,ricas land of the free and selfish, sigh...

Since you asked that line hugging ZERO that is South Korea 😉, any questions?

91-DIVOC-countries-normalized-SouthKorea.png

91-DIVOC-countries-normalized-SouthKorea (1).png

Edited by chipmaster