Princess pause extended

43 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Just visiting the dark side Phil. I wont be getting on a RCI ship, probably not any cruise ship, the way things are going in cruiseland and the solo fares. 

If cruise lines have to reduce the number of passengers because of social distancing, maybe some will think outside the box and increase the number of cabins for solo passengers. 

• Like 2

Just now, MMDown Under said:

If cruise lines have to reduce the number of passengers because of social distancing, maybe some will think outside the box and increase the number of cabins for solo passengers. 

True, they could be desperate for any passenger and price accordingly.

2 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Pacific dawn is still advertised for October and a discount if you pay in full !

Now that’s a bargain.

P&O Aus announced this morning that sailings are cancelled until 2nd December so that agency should update its website.

1 minute ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

If it's not I'll try again in 22/23. 🤣

Meanwhile the longer this goes on, the older you get and the more you have to pay for travel insurance, trust me.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Meanwhile the longer this goes on, the older you get and the more you have to pay for travel insurance, trust me.

True but our annual travel insurance is on deferral at the moment. Once international travel is permitted again the time between mid-March and then gets added on to the end of our current policy extending the expiry date. With a bit of luck we'll get a cruise or two before we have to renew.

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

If it's not I'll try again in 22/23. 🤣

36 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

You’re depressing me ....

Cheer up, that's just the Cunard option. Hopefully there will be some Princess cruises I can do before then.

We haven't tried Cunard yet so after Celebrity shortened their one way NZ itineraries too much for next year we decided to try Cunard as Princess were only offering the itineraries we wanted on Royal class ships, which we don't like. As soon as Princess release some more itineraries we'll be doing some more bookings.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

We use the 'free' travel insurance attached to our credit card. It includes all that we need.

So did we with anz platinum, until i got declined because of pre existing, and aged over 70, thats Allianz for you, ruthless. Eg last year, Noordam, syd to honolulu ..14 day then 10 days in Wakikki and fly home, $2000 policy with nrma, most of the companies the same.

Edited by NSWP

12 hours ago, NSWP said:

So did we with anz platinum, until i got declined because of pre existing, and aged over 70, thats Allianz for you, ruthless. Eg last year, Noordam, syd to honolulu ..14 day then 10 days in Wakikki and fly home, $2000 policy with nrma, most of the companies the same.

Dd you have coverage exclusions with your policy?  The high cost of travel insurance in Australia is going to be the elephant in the room when seniors start cruising again.  

1 hour ago, MMDown Under said:

Dd you have coverage exclusions with your policy?  The high cost of travel insurance in Australia is going to be the elephant in the room when seniors start cruising again.  

No coverage exclusion and was unlimited for cancellation costs and medical. Did have A prexisting condition,  premium was included. Once you mention over 70, USA and preexisting up she goes. As you say premiums will rise now, with all the claims etc, will make it very expensive for seniors. I can even see the bank free travel insurance finishing or harder to pre qualify, time will tell.

I think so.... but on their Website the income last year was $20.8 billion with net profit of $3 billion...

and this year basically no income....   not many have that much small change lying round

Cheers Don
20.8 billion dollars extra in the pockets of all
Cruisers who have not contributed to the income of Carnival this year

25 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Reading the Princess CC pages, some North Americans think they are going to be cruising in this region, this October, I think they mean 2022.

I have read some posts by people in USA who think they will doing an Australian cruise over the coming Southern summer. In the words of Darryl Kerrigan in The Castle, "Tell 'em he's dreaming".

• Like 1

Latest pause update on Princess Cruises site:

August 26, 2020 1:30PM PT

SANTA CLARITA, Calif. – Due to the continued progression of COVID-19 and related decisions of various governments, health authorities, and airlines regarding travel restrictions, Princess Cruises is extending its pause in cruise operations in Australia through December 12, 2020 which includes cruises throughout Australia and New Zealand.

Guests who have paid in full on these cancelled voyages will receive a refundable Future Cruise Credit (FCC) equivalent to 100% of the cruise fare paid plus an additional non-refundable bonus FCC equal to 25% of the cruise fare paid. To receive the above FCCs, no action is required by the guest or their travel advisor.

For guests who have not paid in full, Princess will Double the Deposit, providing a refundable FCC for the money currently on deposit plus a matching bonus FCC that can be used on any voyage through May 1, 2022. The matching bonus FCC is non-refundable, will not exceed the base cruise fare amount of the currently booked cruise, and will have a minimum value of $100 per person.

Alternatively, guests can forfeit the bonus FCC offer and request a refund for all money paid on their booking by using this online form. Guests have until September 30, 2020 to elect a refund, or they will automatically receive the default offer listed above.

Princess will protect travel advisor commissions on bookings for cancelled cruises that were paid in full, in recognition of the critical role they play in the cruise line’s business and success. 

Latest pause update from Celebrity Cruises site:

Wednesday, August 26th, 2020 

The health and safety of our guests, crew, and the communities we visit is our top priority. In alignment with the Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA) recent decision to extend the voluntary suspension of global cruise operations for all members, Royal Caribbean International and Celebrity Cruises will be suspending all sailings departing from Australia and New Zealand on or before October 31, 2020. We will be reaching out to our guests and travel partners to share further details and address any questions or concerns they may have.

Princess Pause Extension
Due to the continued progression of COVID-19 and related decisions of governments, health authorities, and airlines regarding travel restrictions, we are extending our pause in cruise operations in Australia through December 12, including various cruises throughout Australia, New Zealand and South Pacific. More details can be found here

41 minutes ago, VK3DQ said:
Princess Pause Extension
Due to the continued progression of COVID-19 and related decisions of governments, health authorities, and airlines regarding travel restrictions, we are extending our pause in cruise operations in Australia through December 12, including various cruises throughout Australia, New Zealand and South Pacific. More details can be found here

I think the 'pause date' will keep getting pushed back. to God only knows what year.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

Our Christmas cruise is December 20, so 8 days after the pause date. Final payment is due mid September. Dad is also booked on the magestic to Hong Kong in March 2021.

He’s hopefully that he can get the double credits to be able to book a cruise in September 2021. Can he use princess credits in Cunard? He likes that level of posh but my view is princess posh is also nice.

we got the river cruise moved with apt from March 2021 until December 20 2021. Booked their airfares as well. We suspect that airfares to Europe may go well up in price.

suprised that the Christmas markets of Europe has been filling quickly for December 2021.

we are hoping that the international boarders open up in July 2021. Hopefully 

China eastern airlines has finally cancelled our flight back to Australia in October this year but we maybe waiting 6 months to be paid back.

how big is Budapest? I am looking at an apartment for William and I for December 2021 and want it to be close to everything. Thinking of the New York residence apartments or the 7 seasons apartments. 

I need a washing machine and a 24 hour reception.

all our cancellations on booking spot com spot au have been super easy to cancel.