Carnival email "Urgent Final Payment Due"

OceanZena

4 hours ago, sunonfire said:

According to this article the Legend will sail on November 29 -

Have you received any notification from Carnival for your sailing?

https://cruisefever.net/updated-carnival-cruise-line-restart-schedule/

I wouldn't believe it until I was walking up the gangway based on Carnival saying multiple times over the last 6 months sailing was going to resume and it didn't happen.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, sunonfire said:

According to this article the Legend will sail on November 29 -

Have you received any notification from Carnival for your sailing?

https://cruisefever.net/updated-carnival-cruise-line-restart-schedule/

The people who wrote that article have no information on when Carnival will sail again. They have put that article out before with other dates that ended up getting cancelled. They are simply listing the first Carnival cruises that haven't been cancelled yet, it's not an announcement of new information in any, way, shape or form.

my final payment was due on August 31st, so I waited until 7pm on Monday night and when I went to pay it, my reservation was gone. I called Carnival and they said I did not pay my final payment so they cancelled. I got extremely pissed and one person said it was a computer glitch and that my payment was due by 11am? What? usually they give you till 11pm and that they could not re-instate my reservation because the sailing was full.  I know I should have taken it for a sign but I called today and they re-instated my reservation only if I paid the full amount.  This was a rebooking and when they emailed me the 300 room credit I had was not on the reservation so I had to argue about that too.  If the cruise is cancelled - the Legend out of Tampa - week after Thanksgiving - we will just transfer the payment to our cruise next September. Like most people I am ready for some ordinary.

11 hours ago, mumofsons said:

my final payment was due on August 31st, so I waited until 7pm on Monday night and when I went to pay it, my reservation was gone. I called Carnival and they said I did not pay my final payment so they cancelled. I got extremely pissed and one person said it was a computer glitch and that my payment was due by 11am? What? usually they give you till 11pm and that they could not re-instate my reservation because the sailing was full.  I know I should have taken it for a sign but I called today and they re-instated my reservation only if I paid the full amount.  This was a rebooking and when they emailed me the 300 room credit I had was not on the reservation so I had to argue about that too.  If the cruise is cancelled - the Legend out of Tampa - week after Thanksgiving - we will just transfer the payment to our cruise next September. Like most people I am ready for some ordinary.

Wow, that rough.  Glad I called my PVP that same morning to 'settle up' early on my due date!  We've got a $300 credit too.  Let's hope we sail.

I was able to get my final payment for our November cruise pushed back to September 16 (it was originally due August 16).  I only have a $200 deposit on it at the moment and was hoping if they are going to cancel it would be cancelled before the Sept date.  That is 14 days from now.  Our cruise keeps disappearing and if you look for it, it doesn't show up at all.  Not sure if that's because its full or because its going to be cancelled.  We do have another cruise booked in April, so I may go ahead and pay the November cruise in full and then transfer those funds to the April cruise should November be cancelled.  

Just too many what ifs and I don't knows.....  It's not Carnivals fault, but this stinks!!  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, drsel said:

Its different if you cancel.
did you forfeit your deposit?

I didn't cancel, Carnival did, and they didn't wait for the final payment before they cancelled. I did a transfer each time didn't forfeit anything got future cruise credit and $850 OBC for 2 ($425) pp. which was $250 from the first cancellation and $600 or the second.

Carnival is going out of its way to be extra nice to all its loyal patrons and fans, especially those who have Cruises cancelled through no fault of theirs.

No other cruise line is giving 300-600 OBC just to shift your deposit

I'm sure there are others like myself who would rather have the deposit refunded while we watch and see how cruising goes once it resumes before wanting to book another sailing. IF Carnival is indeed "waiting for final payments" to collect from people before cancelling, I personally find that to be not so nice business practice and kind of greedy. I hope this is not what they're doing. 

I want to cruise again...however I don't want to lock up my deposit on another sailing at the moment because I really prefer to watch the first 6 months or so after cruising resumes and see how successful it is in order to feel comfortable booking another trip and I think Carnival should be understanding about passengers like us. 

18 minutes ago, OceanZena said:

I hate to think this is what they're doing. It just seems so unethical in the midst of a worldwide pandemic. 

No way to know the intention behind it, but you can't deny that they are pushing hard for booking in the midst of the pandemic and waiting until the very last minute to cancel the cruises after many have made final payments.

25 minutes ago, skridge said:

No way to know the intention behind it, but you can't deny that they are pushing hard for booking in the midst of the pandemic and waiting until the very last minute to cancel the cruises after many have made final payments.

All November sailings are now within the 90-day payment timeline, so pretty much all of those reservations are paid in full.  Any customer cancellations will result in partial forfeiture of their full payments.   The announcement for all November cruises to be cancelled should be made by early next week.

3 hours ago, jerseyjjs said:

All November sailings are now within the 90-day payment timeline, so pretty much all of those reservations are paid in full.  Any customer cancellations will result in partial forfeiture of their full payments.   The announcement for all November cruises to be cancelled should be made by early next week.

That is my point.  They know they are not going to be sailing in November.  The only reason they haven't canceled is so they can scrape in those final payments.  They should have made the announcement before the final payment is due in my opinion.  

Edited by skridge

1 hour ago, skridge said:

That is my point.  They know they are not going to be sailing in November.  The only reason they haven't canceled is so they can scrape in those final payments.  They should have made the announcement before the final payment is due in my opinion.  

And I just received yet another "Urgent Final Payment Due!" e mail from them this evening. I love Carnival, but this does make me think they are trying to rake in those final payments before cancelling and it's a little tacky imo. 

But i'll play chicken with then until 9/15 and then give in and move the deposit over to 2022 to not lose it...but i'd still rather have the refund. Will see how it plays out I guess. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, drsel said:

if I am able to travel to the port in November, I would make the final payment and then hope that Carnival cancels in order to get 600 OBC free

OP said he has a short cruise and knows he will only get offered 300. That's why his final payment isn't due yet, it's a shorter cruise.

On 9/2/2020 at 6:02 PM, jerseyjjs said:

Well Carnival just released Sept 3rd a new Canceled Cruise Update. Most sailings are still only Canceled threw Oct 31,2020 maybe this means their sailing in November.

1 hour ago, phoneman69 said:

Well Carnival just released Sept 3rd a new Canceled Cruise Update. Most sailings are still only Canceled threw Oct 31,2020 maybe this means their sailing in November.

Has Carnival released to passengers that are booked for these November cruises their safety protocols for Covid? If not, then I don't see how on earth they can ask for final payments without having passengers informed of this first. It's asking passengers to go in blind without having the information that's needed before deciding to sail. 

I understand that Carnival still may not know themselves what they may be, but I don't feel it's ethical to ask passengers to sign up for these sailings by making final payments before being given this important information first. I feel people should know these things first before making the commitment to sail. 

39 minutes ago, OceanZena said:

Has Carnival released to passengers that are booked for these November cruises their safety protocols for Covid? If not, then I don't see how on earth they can ask for final payments without having passengers informed of this first. It's asking passengers to go in blind without having the information that's needed before deciding to sail. 

I understand that Carnival still may not know themselves what they may be, but I don't feel it's ethical to ask passengers to sign up for these sailings by making final payments before being given this important information first. I feel people should know these things first before making the commitment to sail. 

Carnival has a website with overall guidance and some details, which I assume is all they can officially publish at this time:

https://www.carnival.com/health-and-sailing-updates.aspx