New video from Richard Fain (090720)

Vera/Lee

Ok I'm no scientist but I wonder, If some UV devices can kill the virus, what if they installed some UV light system in the HVAC system? I don't know if that is a option let alone cost effective. Just throwing that out there for comment.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Ok I'm no scientist but I wonder, If some UV devices can kill the virus, what if they installed some UV light system in the HVAC system? I don't know if that is a option let alone cost effective. Just throwing that out there for comment.

There are systems available to do that. I don't know how expensive it would be to install on the ship.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, twangster said:

Who knew a cruise executive in Miami would use a hockey reference?

No doubt he is a northern transplant😄.. I'm just glad he did not use the one about a light at the end of the tunnel.  The way things have gone this year, the light would be a train!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, torpeedo said:

Liked the hair cut, but his message was sadly lacking in any real detail or news regarding the start up of cruising.  Not very encouraging yet Royal continues to sell cabins for Nov and forward. 

Just a pep talk for TA's

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Interesting that he talked about the HVAC testing, but didn’t say they are indeed safe, or if any changes were being implemented 

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

These issues with HVAC have been around since day one. Why did it take COVID19 to look into better/safer systems?  Maybe to keep prices down on windowless cabins. 

M8

I think the major buzzword surrounding HVAC systems these days is HEPA filters.  HEPA traps many more particles compared to a normal filter and would indeed do a better job trapping Rona19 air particulates - in a perfect world we could just drop HEPA filters into existing systems and roll with it.  Unfortunately this isn't possible - because the HEPA filters trap more particles it takes more power to push air through the system - therefore bigger AC units would need to be installed to use HEPA filters.  Most new modern commercial buildings use HEPA - but the vast majority of commercial spaces use the old fashioned filers that don't do anything to trap allergens and virus.  

Have heard of some solutions that involved UV lights installed in ductwork that eliminate bacteria without the use of HEPA filtration - not sure about cost but certainly this is the easiest solution compared to basically redoing entire HVAC systems for HEPA filtration.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, torpeedo said:

Liked the hair cut, but his message was sadly lacking in any real detail or news regarding the start up of cruising.  Not very encouraging yet Royal continues to sell cabins for Nov and forward. 

Really itching to know what sort of input Dr. Scott Gottlieb has contributed - he seems to walk a straight line with Covid19 and to me wouldn't be a big proponent of cruising at this time.  He posts a lot of interesting stuff on the ole social media.  Just don't get the feeling from what I read that cruising will fall into line w/ his ideology about Covid19.  We'll see 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, torpeedo said:

His last several videos were the same. I’ll pay attention to what he says when he has solid information on cruise resumption.  Otherwise, the videos continue to be nothing but speculation. 

• 4 weeks later...