Royal Carribean Group

Chiliburn

14 minutes ago, The_Big_M said:

that would mean both sides would have to see benefits

In such a situation the benefits come from sacking the office staff of Norwegian and having their ships run by the RC office staff.

But it would mostly depend on the debt levels that Norwegian have rung up so far as to whether it would be worthwhile. It may be better for RC to wait until Norwegian goes broke and buy up assets in the resulting fire sale.

10 minutes ago, SinbadThePorter said:

In such a situation the benefits come from sacking the office staff of Norwegian and having their ships run by the RC office staff.

But it would mostly depend on the debt levels that Norwegian have rung up so far as to whether it would be worthwhile. It may be better for RC to wait until Norwegian goes broke and buy up assets in the resulting fire sale.

Oh yeah, that's usual: "synergies" in BAU operations for cost savings. But it's not going to make much difference in the overall scheme of things with the coronavirus costs, and moreover a merger involves upfront costs as well as they need to integrate - so the savings won't apply now. Remember also that lines have already 'furloughed' their non-essential staff anyway, so there isn't going to be any applicable savings from that now. They don't have staff sitting around and moreover need to retain base staff who have access/understand how to operate the NCL bookings and operations systems.

10 minutes ago, SinbadThePorter said:

I think they are broke.

They have had some alliances so there’s something there?

17 hours ago, gbenjo said:

Mick Fuller confiscated it  😱😱 Not welcome in Australian waters apparently. A waitress on the Ruby Princess sneezed on it .😂😂

I heard that GBenjo's RCI/Celebrity red carpet had gone to PHQ, to the senior officers bar in fact, top floor.  Would have beer stains on it by now, all those Crownies at happy hour.

• Haha 1

This is a copy of a post I found in the Celebrity Board - I thought it was a good idea and wondered what the rest of you think.

"Just read a nice review on Cruise Critic about a 4 day cruise on  an MSC mega ship, Grandiosa .

Reviewer mentioned wearing a bracelet ( standard for MSC?) Which enabled contacts to be monitored".

""Like everyone else, I wear the MSC for Me bracelet. It's like having another cruise card, I can also open the door to my cabin. And above all, while respecting privacy, it is able to locate and trace the contacts with the other guests on the ship.""

16 minutes ago, GeroWA said:

This is a copy of a post I found in the Celebrity Board - I thought it was a good idea and wondered what the rest of you think.

"Just read a nice review on Cruise Critic about a 4 day cruise on  an MSC mega ship, Grandiosa .

Reviewer mentioned wearing a bracelet ( standard for MSC?) Which enabled contacts to be monitored".

""Like everyone else, I wear the MSC for Me bracelet. It's like having another cruise card, I can also open the door to my cabin. And above all, while respecting privacy, it is able to locate and trace the contacts with the other guests on the ship.""

Welcome to CC if nobody has yet.

Heres a link to a live thread on that ship.

Sounds like a bit of inconveniences onboard.The new app would probably do a lot of the things but I like to put my wallet and phone in the safe and forget about them.

On 9/10/2020 at 1:26 PM, GUT2407 said:

I’m to say the least unimpressed that I can’t get any answer from them about my December cruise, clearly it isn’t happening, no lift and shift option on it, they say if I cancel I lose my deposit, but won’t make the call and say it isn’t happening even though it is before the date that ships are excluded by our govt. 

I have a similar problem, but my cruise on Serenade is 21st November with final payment due tomorrow. I have paid a NRD of $400. You & me both know that cruise will not take place & that's because the Aust Govt says so. But, well, when I called RC they were all upbeat about the cruise still going ahead. Oh dear. It appears RC are hanging out as long as possible to cancel existing bookings. Their website has the 1st cruise out of Sydney on 17th Dec. Go figure.

3 minutes ago, doenbucket said:

I have a similar problem, but my cruise on Serenade is 21st November with final payment due tomorrow. I have paid a NRD of $400. You & me both know that cruise will not take place & that's because the Aust Govt says so. But, well, when I called RC they were all upbeat about the cruise still going ahead. Oh dear. It appears RC are hanging out as long as possible to cancel existing bookings. Their website has the 1st cruise out of Sydney on 17th Dec. Go figure.

Royal will give you a credit on the deposit,take it (Will take time to process)and book another cruise 

15 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Royal will give you a credit on the deposit,take it (Will take time to process)and book another cruise 

Was hoping for a refund but will be happy with credit. We really like RC so would have no hesitation booking with them again. Whenever that will be.

• Haha 1

More than a week ago I read an MSC one and the TUI one by Germancruiser.  

They mentioned things like you stayed with your own family in the dinning room i.e. tables for 2 - there go the bigger tables.   Women generally carry small bags around the ships, so taking phones to read the menu may not be an issue.   Having servers at the buffet and sanitizers near stairs and lifts is a great idea.

I can't see the Diamond Lounge surviving the requirement of social distancing.  That would be missed by many, if even for the better coffee etc. in there during the day time.

36 minutes ago, Rassa said:

I can't see the Diamond Lounge surviving the requirement of social distancing.  That would be missed by many, if even for the better coffee etc. in there during the day time.

Probably load a free coffee or 2 on your account, it’s going to be different! 

6 hours ago, doenbucket said:

They will cancel the cruise. The phone op you spoke to just has no idea about what's going on in the back end.

Just leave it and they will get back to you about a refund once the cancellation is processed.

WHO IS TUI ??

Its not pronounce TUI       it’s. Too-ee.     Like the beer. Tooheys  I’m starting to like it already.

I’ve been doing a little research and I started thinking it was a small backyard company it Germany but it’s a massive company.

It has a airline,400 hotels,a number of cruise lines,multiple tour companies (just to name a couple intrepid,perigrine) and Hapen-Lloyd. 

It’s probably a bigger company than Royal Caribbean?

6 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

They only speak German on TUI ships. 

@gbenjo    Will translate and give us his expert assessment on the TUI food.

Guten Morgen...I can understand a bit of it, having lived in Germany for a few years as a kid, with British Army Father.  Learnt German at school.  Tell you what, plenty of sauerkraut and kassler on those ships, love the cabbage rolls, Wunderbar !!

Edited by NSWP

On 9/11/2020 at 4:48 PM, Rassa said:

More than a week ago I read an MSC one and the TUI one by Germancruiser.  

They mentioned things like you stayed with your own family in the dinning room i.e. tables for 2 - there go the bigger tables.   Women generally carry small bags around the ships, so taking phones to read the menu may not be an issue.   Having servers at the buffet and sanitizers near stairs and lifts is a great idea.

Not been on RCL, but I hear the Diamond Lounge gets packed to the rafters with the complimentary drinks and all.

3 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Guten Morgen...I can understand a bit of it, having lived in Germany for a few years as a kid, with British Army Father.  Learnt German at school.  Tell you what, plenty of sauerkraut and kassler on those ships, love the cabbage rolls, Wunderbar !!

I can understand enough to get me into trouble.

1 minute ago, NSWP said:

Not been on RCL, but I hear the Diamond Lounge gets packed to the rafters with the complimentary drinks and all.

Not so much in Australia uncle Les ,in America it can get bad as RC has been in business longer. They usually open up a bar for the happy hour if there’s to many.

They give you 3 free drinks at any bar and in the restaurant during happy hour.So you can avoid the rush.

The lounge is open 24 hours and there’s a coffee machine and usually snacks.

I take one of those cup trays ,I’m a early riser and have a walk,then go to one of the lounges for a cappuccino and a yap with who ever is there. Then take coffee back to the cabin for the rest of the gang.
They serve a good gin martini in the lounge. I’ve tried to get the same at a bar but it’s like dish water compared to the lounge.

• Like 1

HAPAG-LLOYD.Cruises 

Ive been doing a little research and Is part of the RCG and is owned TUI AG.

They are up market and cater to mostly Germans as most of their ships have only German spoken onboard. Some cruises expeditions have some English.

They have 5 ships,two cruise ships and 3 that do expedition cruises to Antartica and exotic destinations such as up the Amazon.

They expedition cruises sound great .

53 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

HAPAG-LLOYD.Cruises 

Ive been doing a little research and Is part of the RCG and is owned TUI AG.

They are up market and cater to mostly Germans as most of their ships have only German spoken onboard. Some cruises expeditions have some English.

They have 5 ships,two cruise ships and 3 that do expedition cruises to Antartica and exotic destinations such as up the Amazon.

They expedition cruises sound great .

Their flag ship ,  Europa , is serious upmarket...

MS Europa is a cruise ship owned and operated by the German company Hapag-Lloyd. It is the 4th ship to be named Europa in the company's history. For twelve years in a row, the MS Europa was awarded the title "best cruise ship in the world" by Ward-Ranking and Berlitz. Wikipedia

Looks like they have a good product,especially the expedition cruises.

Also they were the first to do a pleasure cruise on 22 January 1891 with Augusta Victoria.

The ship was named after the last German queen the wife of Kaiser Wilhelm.