Holland America Line: Not ONE word since Covid-19 lockdown

PiscesMan

Does anyone still receive e-mails, or for that matter, any other form of communication from Holland America Line since the Covid-19 Lockdown? We have not heard from them since having to cancel our "14 Night British Isles Explorer", set to depart from Amsterdam on July 11, 2020, aboard the Veendam. That last communication from them was May 20th, and was in the form of an e-mail to us stating that they had received our refund request and that we should receive the refund soon. By the way, we did receive the full amount of our deposit soon thereafter. 

My wife and I have cruised on Holland America Line since 2007, our favorite cruise line and have been most loyal to the brand. As Four Star Mariners with Holland America Line ... almost 250 total actual cruise/sea days ... last cruise being our 16th, the "17-Day Holiday Panama Canal", last December aboard the MS Amsterdam. We had been planning, pre Covid-19 lockdown, at least one other cruise for this calendar year. We still look forward to returning to cruising when it is possible and relatively safe.         

Curious if any other HAL cruisers/Mariners ... particularly older cruisers like ourselves (both over 70 years old) ... have had a similar experience with receiving NO communication. Seems as if they either no longer exist (not the case of course) or that they are no longer interested in our future business for cruises with them. I can only wonder! We do receive communication from many other entities, including from airlines, hotels, and even other cruise lines. 

Thanks for any insight or information.

Pisces Man

• Like 1

Go to the HAL site and request e-mails again.  I get at least two a week asking me to book a cruise and offering information about ports.  Sometimes we just have to remind HAL that we want to hear from them.  Also check your Mariner Account settings.  I go online frequently to their website checking for a current Cruise  Atlas.  There have been so many itinerary changes and ships removed from the fleet that’s it’s no wonder they haven’t published anything.  

I haven’t received any since February 18 and that was for my cruise documents. There were also a couple precruise about covid. That was March, a week before my April 3 cruise was cancelled.

No advertising of any kind. And frankly, advertising to me now would be a waste, because until there is a product I’m comfortable with, I’m just not buying.

• Like 2

We have not received any emails or brochures either...... but actually, all the other cruise lines That we frequent have stoPed for the most part as well.  At least for the nice color brochures.... although we did receive one from Regent and one from Oceania very recently, maybe they are planning ahead?  Who knows

Although Viking has sent many paper brochures. And the other was either Seabourne or Regent. All went into recycle. Nothing from Fred Olsen, which I recently requested. They’re probably not ready to send out a lot until covid settles down. As it stands, for now I’m only a possible candidate due to covid.

OP:  I think HAL is having enough problems just getting FCCs and refunds done and getting the website into usable shape.  To answer your questions, we haven't had any communication from HAL since March but recently received Viking brochures.

Although we are not in your targeted age group, we are 5 Stars and Platinum Medallion holders and sailing since 1999 on HAL.  Not really expecting anything from HAL, but look to the website for info, such as it is.

Edited by SilvertoGold

25 minutes ago, crusinbanjo said:

We have not received any emails or brochures either...... but actually, all the other cruise lines That we frequent have stoPed for the most part as well.  At least for the nice color brochures.... although we did receive one from Regent and one from Oceania very recently, maybe they are planning ahead?  Who knows

Yes, those (Regent and Oceania) plus some land tour are the brochures that have appeared in our other wise empty mail box. However, that emptiness is now changing with the myriad of political ads. We had perfect plans for this year. Vote early in person due to age and being away, take a Seabourn cruise, spend one night in Barcelona, then board a HAL ship for the Nieuw Amsterdam for a Collector's Voyage back to FLL. OOOPPPS! 

I just miss the planning of trying to combine tours/land adventures/tours right now!!!!! Let's get rid of this crud.....

• Like 1

I’ve received the Promo Ads as well as Home with HAL emails.  Also, received Private Sale offer emails on select Cruises and in July received a Complimentary Oceanview Room on select Carib or Mex Rev Cruises.  Booked the Complimentary Offer for February on Nieuw Statendam and hoping Cruises will resume so we can Sail!  

I'm a mid - 3 star Mariner and still get email from my PCC and snail mail from HAL. I had an Alaskan Cruise booked in an SA suite for this past May. I had to get a refund for that (and credit from Delta). I've gone through booking for another Alaskan Cruise for next May, but stopped short of actually booking it. I'm not sure if there will be cruising from Canada by next May.

• Like 1

I'd suggest anyone not getting emails to go back into HAL's site and make certain they are opted IN for emails. And additionally make certain that HAL emails do not end up in SPAM or JUNK mail. 

I have a cruise for late spring 2021 that was booked while onboard the Koningsdam in February and then turned it over to my TA. And, I'm just a lowly 3 star Mariner.  I get an Email from HAL, on average once every 2 weeks, either advertising their current sale offering;  a private sale; an onboard feature; or a feature destination.  The only "snail" mail I get comes from other lines in the Carnival group.

I get the HAL at Home emails and a lot of promotional emails.  I have a PCC that I use and have started to get emails from another PCC from HAL.  I don’t get as many HAL emails as Celebrity emails (they are almost a daily INBOX arrival).  I also get emails from Viking, Princess, Uniworld and several land based tour companies.  Most are deleted automatically, but some I use for dreaming!

• Like 1

If you use Gmail be sure to check the tab for Promotions. You must also tell your email client to grab items from that folder to display on your client/app.   Also check your spam folder, again if you have not told your client/app to grab spam messages you will need to review your spam on the Gmail website.   I get all of my promotions from various travel outfits.  HAL has been sending a concert series and cooking series.

I have never received promotional emails from HAL.  Yes, I am opted in for emails and no, they don’t go to the junk folder.  I use both a PCC and a TA.  I inquired with my PCC asking why I don’t get the promotional emails, and sent a screen shot showing I was opted in.  He didn’t know.  It would be nice to get the flash sales and private sales info, other than those sent via snail mail.  BTW, my DM also does not receive any promotional emails.

• Like 1