Balcony use

sunsfan

13 minutes ago, sunsfan said:

If anyone was confined to their stateroom when there was a covid outbreak, were you allowed to use your balcony?

We have been confined to our cabin with influenza A during a flu outbreak on Anthem.  We were allowed to use our balcony, though neither one of us wanted to for a couple of days.

I remember seeing on the local news when the Grand Princess was being held off the Oakland port before passengers were allowed to disembark and many were out on their balcony....You could also see many balcony's that had drying laundry hanging off them too. Another reason to book a balcony :classic_wink:

On 9/22/2020 at 2:34 AM, Ashland said:

I remember seeing on the local news when the Grand Princess was being held off the Oakland port before passengers were allowed to disembark and many were out on their balcony....You could also see many balcony's that had drying laundry hanging off them too. Another reason to book a balcony :classic_wink:

So your saying we should get a balcony cabin in case we are stuck in the cabin because of Covid.

I'd go insane if I was stuck in a cabin.  We aren't planning on going on a cruise until Covid is gone.  I think we are more afraid of being stuck in a cabin than getting Covid.   Covid could become the next reason people jump overboard.

3 minutes ago, sunsfan said:

Thanks to all who replied. I had told DH that I was only booking balconies from now on just in case of a quarantine and he asked if I was sure that you could still use them, so that is why I asked.

And remember with a balcony you can join the balcony club or renew your membership at any time.

• Like 1

On 9/23/2020 at 12:17 PM, fred30 said:

So your saying we should get a balcony cabin in case we are stuck in the cabin because of Covid.

I'd go insane if I was stuck in a cabin.  We aren't planning on going on a cruise until Covid is gone.  I think we are more afraid of being stuck in a cabin than getting Covid.   Covid could become the next reason people jump overboard.

I don't care what kind of cabin you choose :classic_rolleyes:.

I was answering the question asked. I certainly don't need another reason to book a balcony, but it's just "one" more to consider for everyone but you apparently.

Thanks for your reason for people to jump overboard....very helpful.

1 hour ago, sunsfan said:

Thanks to all who replied. I had told DH that I was only booking balconies from now on just in case of a quarantine and he asked if I was sure that you could still use them, so that is why I asked.

That's an excellent plan! Can you imagine being quarantined in an inside cabin?

On 9/21/2020 at 6:32 PM, reallyitsmema said:

We have been confined to our cabin with influenza A during a flu outbreak on Anthem.  We were allowed to use our balcony, though neither one of us wanted to for a couple of days.

We have been so lucky to never encounter a ship outbreak of any kind. Our only cruise fiasco was Hurricanes Irma, Harvey, Maria & Jose. Yes all at once LOL ... HOS kept us perfectly safe. 1 week cruise turned into 10 days then a b2b for another 4 for a small fee p/p. Comedian Simeon was onboard. I love him!

4 minutes ago, flyguyjake said:

We have been so lucky to never encounter a ship outbreak of any kind. Our only cruise fiasco was Hurricanes Irma, Harvey, Maria & Jose. Yes all at once LOL ... HOS kept us perfectly safe. 1 week cruise turned into 10 days then a b2b for another 4 for a small fee p/p. Comedian Simeon was onboard. I love him!

Anthem's infirmary was excellent but overwhelmed.  They ran out of flu swabs and Tamiflu.  We were given one box to share and has more meds waiting for us when we got home.  We got to wear N95 masks once we were diagnosed, which absolutely freaked out one couple when our elevator stopped to pick them up as we were on our way to quarantine in our cabin.  We were able to sit on the balcony once our fevers broke but it was also winter, so it was too cold as we got closer to Bayonne.  

We have booked a sky suite for our May cruise, if it goes, so we will have the ability to hide from most people and just chill if we hear there are issues on the ship.

2 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

We have booked a sky suite for our May cruise

We have been fortunate to book only balcony rooms in Star class. We like the larger rooms with larger balconies and spend a considerable amount of time in the room or on the balcony. Many beautiful sunset meals on the balconies. So social distancing doesn't bother us as we hate the over stuffed elevators and drills. We have decided once cruising resumes if masks are required we will cruise but we'll just stay in our cabin the entire cruise so we can avoid the mask wearing.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, flyguyjake said:

We have been fortunate to book only balcony rooms in Star class. We like the larger rooms with larger balconies and spend a considerable amount of time in the room or on the balcony. Many beautiful sunset meals on the balconies. So social distancing doesn't bother us as we hate the over stuffed elevators and drills. We have decided once cruising resumes if masks are required we will cruise but we'll just stay in our cabin the entire cruise so we can avoid the mask wearing.

Ahhh...a balcony suite, movies, board games & room service...sounds like our kinda cruise.

• Like 1