Soda package question

12 minutes ago, rockmom said:

The soda package only includes 'fountain' sodas or if the ship has a self serve Coke Freestyle machine you can use it too (but who knows about once sailing starts again).  Cans and bottles of soda are not included in the package.  

That sucks 

8 minutes ago, Airbalancer said:

That sucks 

They'd have to charge a heck of a lot more for cans and bottles.  Fountain soda is so much cheaper.  It's why pretty much all restaurants serve fountain soda, and a few give you the option if you want to purchase a can.  Same for places like 7/11.  A zillion ounce Big Gulp for 99 cents.  Oh, and not to mention the extra weight of having to stock all those additional cans and bottles on board, and then all the empties.  Just not feasible to give cans and bottles as part of the package.  

Edited by rockmom
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, rockmom said:

They'd have to charge a heck of a lot more for cans and bottles.  Fountain soda is so much cheaper.  It's why pretty much all restaurants serve fountain soda, and a few give you the option if you want to purchase a can.  Same for places like 7/11.  A zillion ounce Big Gulp for 99 cents.  Oh, and not to mention the extra weight of having to stock all those additional cans and bottles on board, and then all the empties.  Just not feasible to give it cans and bottles away for free.  

They do it on Celebrity 

• Like 1

Soda package specifically states fountain soda and soda from the Freestyle Machines.  No way of knowing if they will switch to cans or include cans when they start sailing again.  They could still have the Freestyle machines but have them manned by a crew member as they do when there is norovirus on the ship.  You put your cup on the machine and the crew member pushes all buttons but never touches the cup.  We will have to wait and see.

2 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

Soda package specifically states fountain soda and soda from the Freestyle Machines.  No way of knowing if they will switch to cans or include cans when they start sailing again.  They could still have the Freestyle machines but have them manned by a crew member as they do when there is norovirus on the ship.  You put your cup on the machine and the crew member pushes all buttons but never touches the cup.  We will have to wait and see.

We have never had a issue asking for a can with the soda package on our cruises....

• Like 2

5 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

Agree, see possibly doing without Freestyle machines having go to Bars only. People I know normally denied getting cans in place of Soda plans fountain drink rule. Royal ships I been going on still don't have the Machines. Few times on my longer 10+ niters few WindJammer Bars were out of Diet Coke I drink and they'd poured it in my cup from 2 liter bottles. Liked my large Evian bottles, usually get couple cases for my longer and B3B Cruises. Unfortunately they're going to smaller metal bottles of Brand cant stand. Always thought Dasani in a plastic bottle tastes like has a nickle in it, now that it's being served in metal bottle venture to say it'll have same metal taste

Edited by ONECRUISER

1 hour ago, ipeeinthepool said:

I don't think you will give your dirty soda cup to the bartender for a refill in a post Covid world.  Self-serve drink stations will only survive in locations where you use a clean cup each time (the way it should be).

I don’t know, in my area it seems a large percentage of the self service soda and coffee stations have been opening back up. 

17 hours ago, Airbalancer said:

Can you just soda in a can instead of those soda machine ,

as I think those machines are very unsanitary 🤮

We usually use the Freestyle machines but have never been turned down If we asked for an unopened can to take back to our cabin. Your cabin attendant may be able to provide some cans it you have the proper drink package. ASK and tip well....

We have been provided with coke zero cans at bars on all of our Royal cruises with the soda packages.  It may be that it is due to Coke Zero not on tap.  If you purchase a spirit package for your room, they provide a small bottle of liquor and 3 cans of soda.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, PigsCanFly said:

We have been provided with coke zero cans at bars on all of our Royal cruises with the soda packages.  It may be that it is due to Coke Zero not on tap.  If you purchase a spirit package for your room, they provide a small bottle of liquor and 3 cans of soda.

Yes, My experience at times more likely get can if choice not on Tap but still no Guarantees. And I only go on Rpyal ships that dont have Freestyle Machines so choice is limited

13 minutes ago, jesters said:

If you have the soda package, and go on a B2B, does the cup still work? Or do I buy another cup/package?

While the cup may work for a bit, you need to get a new package - the second sailing is just that, a seperate sailing.